What did you think of Steven Gerrard the player?

I’ll be honest, I never liked him purely because he played for the Liverpool but I always admired him as a player and, grudgingly, as a one club man.

He was a fine player, scored some screamers, commanded games from midfield and made some sublime passes.  

Hopefully he can pass on some of his magic to our players next season.

14 minutes ago, Paulbrian11 said:

I’ll be honest, I never liked him purely because he played for the Liverpool but I always admired him as a player and, grudgingly, as a one club man.

He was a fine player, scored some screamers, commanded games from midfield and made some sublime passes.  

Hopefully he can pass on some of his magic to our players next season.

He was a great player - top echelon - but only time will tell if can translate that ability into being a great manager. Playing pedigree is not translated into management and being a poor player does not prevent you being a good manager 

I think there's a fair argument to have about him being the most complete midfielder of his generation. Not the best outright but IMO he had everything you would want in a midfielder. Box to box, could score, assist, cross, set pieces, tackle, pace, power, leader, good in the air, stamina and as a captain he was a winner, leader, who had passion, desire, pretty much everything you would want.

Ultimately that means nothing to us but if he can take any of his qualities into management we've got a chance. It's going to be an interesting ride.

Was at the L'pool derby in 1999 when he was sent off for a shocking challenge on Kevin Campbell, still had the occasional rush of blood with his two footed assault on Gary Naysmith, managed to channel that aggression to his and L'pool's benefit as he matured. I hope he can instill the same steel into the Ibrox players, something we have lacked for many a day.

Class, not only his goals but his tackling and leadership.

Going off topic, how the fuck did England not win anything in the 2000's? Arguably had the best player in the world in several different positions.