Jump to content

Staying Away Until Next Month


Recommended Posts

Does anyone believe that Gerrard will be staying away until next month? I know he has other commitments but personally I think he has a hell of a rebuilding job, and the results of the next few games are going to dramatically effect him next season.

How could he stay away and not have any influence? If I was in that position I doubt I could stay away, I'd at least have a chat with the current staff and players.

What do you think?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, billym27 said:

he said he was going to keep a watch over the games. i do think he'll be in an out of ibrox/auchenhowie throughout this month. he just can't take the manager job right away because of his commitments to liverpool/bt sport. 

I think he has to assess that squad as soon as possible, it's so weak in character. Worst case scenario would be that fear and bad mentality spreading to any new signings. Would be great if we could let them all go and start again.

eejay the dj likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I said the other day, minimum I would expect is him to chat to players before they leave hotel today or maybe last night, tell them he’s watching now and they have three games left to prove they should be part of his plans next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gazza2258 said:

I said the other day, minimum I would expect is him to chat to players before they leave hotel today or maybe last night, tell them he’s watching now and they have three games left to prove they should be part of his plans next season. 

do you think it will make a difference to that lot?

hope it would but i have come to expect disappointment from those players.

if we win the match today it might be a big turning point in our fortunes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

do you think it will make a difference to that lot?

hope it would but i have come to expect disappointment from those players.

if we win the match today it might be a big turning point in our fortunes.

Probably not mate. But i wouldn’t be able to wait till after pre season to chat to them. They were all together yesterday and he was in Glasgow, so I would of laid it on the line to them. 

The annoying thing for me is they are capable of getting 9 points this week but it’s more than likely going to be 0. If he can ‘help’ to change that, then why not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, billym27 said:

he said he was going to keep a watch over the games. i do think he'll be in an out of ibrox/auchenhowie throughout this month. he just can't take the manager job right away because of his commitments to liverpool/bt sport. 

That's what he said mate. 

 

And Allen mentioned that it was asked by Gerrard that the first thing they'd do is sit down to discuss their possible signings. Suppose they could only do that after assessing what is to be replaced.

Wish we could get rid of them all and start afresh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

do you think it will make a difference to that lot?

hope it would but i have come to expect disappointment from those players.

if we win the match today it might be a big turning point in our fortunes.

That lot have had it as far as I’m concerned. We’ve had some shite over the last few years but the way the current squad have continually rolled over to celtic is unforgivable.

The last two games stand out - if the players had shown a bit of fight I could have probably accepted the defeats but the attitude they have shown stinks. 

If they decide to put some effort in now it’s an even bigger slap in the face to us. 

Whether there are problems in the dressing room or not these wasters still have a job to do - but yet they embarrass the club and fans time and time again. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Not been mentioned recently. But im sure during the speculation it was said that Gerrard was ok with them.

Aye maybe, two mentally tough guys would do no harm to instil a bit of attitude to the team, it just went a bit quiet there and I was not sure if Arfield had already signed a pre contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Does anyone believe that Gerrard will be staying away until next month? I know he has other commitments but personally I think he has a hell of a rebuilding job, and the results of the next few games are going to dramatically effect him next season.

How could he stay away and not have any influence? If I was in that position I doubt I could stay away, I'd at least have a chat with the current staff and players.

What do you think?

If I were Stevie G

I wouldn't want to get to close to these shower of losers

I would imagine he has all the players contracts details . And shifting through all the possibilities of getting most of them to fuck asap .

While working on bringing in our new backbone of the side for next season

History will tell you , more or less

Same thing happened way back in 1986 with the desired results

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Swagger said:

That lot have had it as far as I’m concerned. We’ve had some shite over the last few years but the way the current squad have continually rolled over to celtic is unforgivable.

The last two games stand out - if the players had shown a bit of fight I could have probably accepted the defeats but the attitude they have shown stinks. 

If they decide to put some effort in now it’s an even bigger slap in the face to us. 

Whether there are problems in the dressing room or not these wasters still have a job to do - but yet they embarrass the club and fans time and time again. 

 

Yeah, the performances against the scum are unforgivable, cant see a way back for most of them

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, eejay the dj said:

If I were Stevie G

I wouldn't want to get to close to these shower of losers

I would imagine he has all the players contracts details . And shifting through all the possibilities of getting most of them to fuck asap .

While working on bringing in our new backbone of the side for next season

History will tell you , more or less

Same thing happened way back in 1986 with the desired results

I thought he stated - we have some very good footballers here? When he was talking about why he took the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

I thought he stated - we have some very good footballers here? When he was talking about why he took the job.

We may have in his eyes . I'm sure it would not be good to come in and slag them all off .

I'm sure he will be working privately to replace the dross

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

We may have in his eyes . I'm sure it would not be good to come in and slag them all off .

I'm sure he will be working privately to replace the dross

It would have been funny in the press conference though

"holy foochhhhhhh man, players arggg shit"

"how could ah nah improve tha boonch ah wankirs?"

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

It would have been funny in the press conference though

"holy foochhhhhhh man, players arggg shit"

"how could ah nah improve tha boonch ah wankirs?"

I'm a bit more inexperienced:lol: but that's what I would have said

Jack The Flipper likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

It would have been funny in the press conference though

"holy foochhhhhhh man, players arggg shit"

"how could ah nah improve tha boonch ah wankirs?"

I don't know why but I read that in a more Geordie accent than Scouse!!! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

do you think it will make a difference to that lot?

hope it would but i have come to expect disappointment from those players.

if we win the match today it might be a big turning point in our fortunes.

The majority of the current sqaud are done. They have failed in the big games consistently and the last 2 old firm results are unforgivable.

The lack of effort and fight they showed in those games sums them up. Gerrard will have seen those performances and know the majority aren't of the standard required. 

I think Gerrard will be in and around the club for the next month and working on his summer transfer targets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...