Staying Away Until Next Month

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

If I were Stevie G

I wouldn't want to get to close to these shower of losers

I would imagine he has all the players contracts details . And shifting through all the possibilities of getting most of them to fuck asap .

While working on bringing in our new backbone of the side for next season

History will tell you , more or less

Same thing happened way back in 1986 with the desired results

Big time!

Yesterday he said about assessing and improving the players that are here now. I think he had to as he can’t just come in and say they are all going.

I think some of our first team players might be good squad players if they can show they have the right mentality and attitude to be here (though the last scum games say otherwise).

He’ll have met the squad I believe and will be getting videos from the analysis team for each of the games.

The best way to know the people side of things will be to work closely with the players each day but he can’t do that yet therefore it will have to be an ability, work rate and desire decision based on the 3 games.

Gerrard is best kept well away from the current team it's absolutely toxic.  There's no impact he can have on todays match and I wouldn't want him associated with the result should Kilmarnock beat us again.  In the summer it needs completely gutted, replaced, then an entirely new formation and system needs to be coached in to it.  

If he's not watching the games live then I hope he's getting recordings of the games because he's going to need who is and isn't shite and hopefully if he has any sense he'll have Gary McAllister up here taking notes.

Surely this will spur the players to actually perform. They have a chance to secure their future in what may (please god) turn out to be the Souness Revolution mkII.

I expect he'll be watching the matches with a positive attitude to see if any of the squad excite him enough. I know most think that's not possible but I'm sure there are some players who could improve a lot on what they've produced recently and will be dying to be a part of the Gerrard 'revolution' at Ibrox.  Time to start impressing the boss, lads

i dont think hell be attending any games, he said he wont meet the players for a few weeks so cant see him coming to a game and not meet them

Our players need to remain focused anyway, the pressure of Gerrard is a good thing but shouldn't become a distraction 

its best that JJ and Jimmy Nicholl are left to concentrate on getting 2nd place

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

i dont think hell be attending any games, he said he wont meet the players for a few weeks so cant see him coming to a game and not meet them

Our players need to remain focused anyway, the pressure of Gerrard is a good thing but shouldn't become a distraction 

its best that JJ and Jimmy Nicholl are left to concentrate on getting 2nd place

How do you fancy their chances?

I'd rather he didn't speak to the players until he comes in full time, these wasters will quickly forget about anything said during the end of season break. If that squad has any desire to play under him next season they should be up for these three games anyway and then he can get a grip of them when they come back. 

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

How do you fancy their chances?

Not tremendously. But if the players cant step up now then they never will

today is more of a chance to see who should go rather than who should stay.

JJ and JN need to work with what they have unfortunately.  Best of luck to them

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Not tremendously. But if the players cant step up now then they never will

today is more of a chance to see who should go rather than who should stay.

JJ and JN need to work with what they have unfortunately.  Best of luck to them

Agreed but the concern I have is that opportunity to prove themselves was the last old firm game, and that was a disaster.

We will soon see. I do hope a lot of the players do take advantage of this moment, I do think we have some decent players at the club with some ability, the grave concern is their attitude and their mentality.

He has been and will continue to work with Mark Allen behind the scenes on transfers and the squad for next season he just won't be at Ibrox or Auchenhowie getting involved in the remaining matches. 

3 hours ago, Gazza2258 said:

I said the other day, minimum I would expect is him to chat to players before they leave hotel today or maybe last night, tell them he’s watching now and they have three games left to prove they should be part of his plans next season. 

Picturing Windass asking him for a selfie. 

3 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

do you think it will make a difference to that lot?

hope it would but i have come to expect disappointment from those players.

if we win the match today it might be a big turning point in our fortunes.

Probably not...too many of them will expect Gerrard to turn them into world beaters when in truth the majority lack the desire to play for a club our size

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The key is, he IS staying away.

The homework is already done. Not many will make his set up. New players will have already been set up to come.

The end is nigh for many.

Tbh I can't see many making the cull, I think the 2 full backs will still be here, will we still look to buy Murphy?

I think Dorrans is a lucky boy as I think he will probably try and work with him as he will know his game and has premiership experience, question marks remain over so many of the squad at this stage.

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

He will be watching the games and identifying new summer recruits now.    

Hopefully he's already sounded out a few players and they've confirmed their interest behind the scenes before he even accepted the job.

It's what I'd do