Staying Away Until Next Month

You let those who have the responsibility for managing the side out to the end of the season do their jobs.  There is enough pressure without the added pressure of knowing that the manager-in-waiting is sitting in the stands watching things.   Besides which the Support would be watching for Gerrard and might be as much interested in him as in what was going on in the game.   

I expect Gerrard will have people at the games who can give him first hand feedback if any is needed.

I think its right that he stays away until he starts the job on 1 June and let JN do his job for the last games of this season.   

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

You let those who have the responsibility for managing the side out to the end of the season do their jobs.  There is enough pressure without the added pressure of knowing that the manager-in-waiting is sitting in the stands watching things.   Besides which the Support would be watching for Gerrard and might be as much interested in him as in what was going on in the game.   

I expect Gerrard will have people at the games who can give him first hand feedback if any is needed.

I think its right that he stays away until he starts the job on 1 June and let JN do his job for the last games of this season.   

Watching today's game so far, I agree it's right for him to stay away. 

I don't want our new manager being tainted by some of the impostors in our sqaud. 

Hopefully the reports he is getting back are scrap the majority of this team.