Dave King Press Conference on Monday

45 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Be interesting to see the reaction if it was an american investor coming in but saying he wanted his own people on the board.

Would there be a different reaction now to what there was back then?

Depends if he keeps all the blue pounders on board who have got wee jobs at Rangers now. I hope it's a real shakeup and we get rid of the leeches.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Trooblue said:

I thought King mentioned it last week, but could be wrong. 

I can't remember him saying it at the press conference ( could be wrong ) and may have missed one of his interviews but the only certainty I know of is keevins , which is hardly a solid foundation . Hopefully it will go ahead to get some kind of info .

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

It's this morning at some point but don't know exact time. 

Wouldn't expect anything major from it. Just a summary of where we are currently and talking about: 

• Takeover Panel
  • Hummell deal & retail
  • Forthcoming share issue
  • Plans under Gerrard 

This!

I also think expectations are being purposely raised on this thread, so when it doesn't happen fans will not be happy. 

1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

He also said we would have a NOMAD and he would be pumping 30mil into the club. Probs talking shite about all 3 mate

Yeah , his records not good . Who knows he might surprise us all . Have to admit , I think he's made the right choice in SG . 

1 hour ago, Guardian said:

The retaliation from fans who renewed only to find they'd been diddled with the same old, same old, would not be pretty.

If you bought a season ticket with the thinking there would be major investment then you have diddled yourself.

Why do we still work up optimism on the back of internet pish? And I include myself in this, have the past few years taught us nothing?. There will be nothing new today, nothing we didn't already know. I was thinking that Gerrard must have been made cast iron guarantees on funding for the squad but maybe he reckons he can get away with a few loans from Liverpool, a few signings on the level of outay from last summer and what is already here. If so he is in for one mighty shock.

This whole King press conference thing seems to me to have taken on the impression of a lot of people becoming progressively engaged in a hopeful kite-flying exercise, with expectations soaring as a result.    It'd not be too surprising if whatever King has to say has the effect of cutting the kite-string and disappointing an awful lot of people with just a summary of where things are at present and a sort of sales pitch / message of encouragement to bolster ST renewals.    

Seems to me its possible that whatever he says is viewed as underwhelming unless there is some news of substantial new major investment coming in, and the kite of investment hope that was flown so high returns to earth under the gravitational pull of King's message.   

But then again who knows, maybe he'll pull a big investor rabbit out of his hat.  I await the news with interest.

2 hours ago, Guardian said:

Guardians Form Guide In The Rangers Stakes 2018

The expectation is certainly building.We have claims of guys from China, Singapore, America, Souness and the return of Minty. Maybe they have all formed a consortium with Ticketus and are going to chip in a billion to spend.

If I had to pick one to believe it would be the return of Minty. That would explain the very odd departure of Mini, and of course King would have to step aside or leave. It would also allow him to sidestep the TOP nonsense. I reckon the TOP court case was the last straw for King. The timing of the rest seemed hurried.  I may be joining up dots here to make the wrong picture, but as I see it, there has to be somebody putting up a wad of cash. That won't be any of the current incumbents (I hope, as they don't have much), so I fancy Minty is the most likely.   A real outside bet would be Ashley. That would certainly have mini fleeing out the door, but I reckon thats unlikely.

Of course some nutter from elsewhere with money to burn might take a punt but I can't see a) Why mini would voluntarily bale out of his blazer after such a fight to get it, especially if we are on the brink of something big and B) Why mini would be forced out as he is hardly a major player on the board.

Anyone putting in the kind of money we need will be buying the club, not investing which is why I reckon King is stepping down or going altogether. He is toxic to the club and can't take it any further.

I could be completely wrong but if none of the above happens, then we are goosed. The only alternative is fan money (ST's/share issues)  topped up by a couple of million from the board. That won't be enough to keep Gerrard or close the gap on the manks. Gerrard being here without a lot of cash to spend, will not be enough to fool the fans for long, probably til about 3 o clock this afternoon if King is lucky.

Who knows ? With Rangers the long suffering fans have learned to expect the unexpected, but it would be nice if the unexpected turned out to be something good twice in the space of a week. We should know a bit more in 2 1/2 hours.

I reserve the right to remove this post from the face of the planet if something else or nothing happens.

I reservations in believing Gerrard would come in when there is to be change of ownership. Unless he knows the new owners of course.  When is the press conference. Is it fake news?

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

This!

I also think expectations are being purposely raised on this thread, so when it doesn't happen fans will not be happy. 

Yeah, I doubt there will be a major announcement regarding us having a squillion quid. If nothing else giving exact figures would provide our competitors (ie Sellick) useful information.

16 minutes ago, OhW said:

If you bought a season ticket with the thinking there would be major investment then you have diddled yourself.

It is not unreasonable to assume folk will renew in the expectation things will improve.

That cannot happen without major investment.

The fans won't take another year like this one.

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Yeah, I doubt there will be a major announcement regarding us having a squillion quid. If nothing else giving exact figures would provide our competitors (ie Sellick) useful information.

If they do announce big investment today, there won't be specifc figures. 

If we announced how much we intend to spend any club we go to deal with for new players, will hike up there price.

6 minutes ago, Guardian said:

It is not unreasonable to assume folk will renew in the expectation things will improve.

That cannot happen without major investment.

The fans won't take another year like this one.

The majority of fans would.

Just now, DrFunke said:

I imagine this is a pisstake...would be a stupid amount to spend.

Aye it’s a pisstake and isn’t going to happen, but how the fuck is it a stupid amount. 

Archived