Return of Pena

12 hours ago, bennybongo said:

What is all this garbage about "a chat with Stevie G" being the answer to the ills of everything. He's a totally inexperienced manager, and there is no reason to think he can turn round the life of a failing boozebag. 

If Gerrard isn't being backed with significant funds there is no point him being here. 

I understand that alcoholism needs more than a chat. However, my thought was that by speaking to a world class player like Gerrard it might give Pena a spark to seek out the professional help he clearly needs.

And that he might be inspired that people in our club are actually there to support him as a human being instead of write him off. 

As far as funds go, every body knows that SG needs a significant budget to.be a success. That part is a no-brainer-whether he is experienced or not!

40 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Why is everyone so convinced he’s an alcoholic, or has mental health issues? How do we know he’s not just a fat, greedy, thick, overpaid, ignorant cunt who likes a drink at our expense?

You might be 100% correct on that as I really have no idea.

My approach/thoughts is that most people in life try to make as good as decision as they can and don' try and sabotage themselves unless they have some stuff going on that they don't have under control, but that just me. 

2 hours ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

I understand that alcoholism needs more than a chat. However, my thought was that by speaking to a world class player like Gerrard it might give Pena a spark to seek out the professional help he clearly needs.

And that he might be inspired that people in our club are actually there to support him as a human being instead of write him off. 

As far as funds go, every body knows that SG needs a significant budget to.be a success. That part is a no-brainer-whether he is experienced or not!

Fuck having a word with the waste of space ,ok he scored a few goals but offered fuck all else when playing which I don't think will suit the managers style as he has no work ethic,he's a lazy cunt ofan excuse for a Rangers player

2 minutes ago, Mickayr said:

Fuck having a word with the waste of space ,ok he scored a few goals but offered fuck all else when playing which I don't think will suit the managers style as he has no work ethic,he's a lazy cunt ofan excuse for a Rangers player

I cant argue with that as he has been a big waste of money so far.

Just was hoping he could turn it around and we could get some value for what we spent. 

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Why is everyone so convinced he’s an alcoholic, or has mental health issues? How do we know he’s not just a fat, greedy, thick, overpaid, ignorant cunt who likes a drink at our expense?

The buying bevy straight after training at lunchtime and getting oot yer tits the night before a game then pissing in a fountain are the early warning signs they tell you to look out for.

1 minute ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

I cant argue with that as he has been a big waste of money so far.

Just was hoping he could turn it around and we could get some value for what we spent. 

That's never going to happen he's another windas who goes posted missing in games and has no positional sense and can't track runners,looks like he's towing a caravan when running not Rangers class,any fan who has ambitions and wants to see players fighting and scrapping for the jersey can surely see this ,time to move him on one way or another

4 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

The buying bevy straight after training at lunchtime and getting oot yer tits the night before a game then pissing in a fountain are the early warning signs they tell you to look out for.

Fair point, although alcoholics tend to be a bit secretive about their habit. He could easily get hold of booze without doing it in his training kit. And 6 cans of presumably weak as piss Mexican lager is not exactly the weapon of choice for an alkie.

Also, is there any actual evidence of him doing either of those things?

On 09/05/2018 at 23:45, Mesmer said:

I thought that drinking on the job was gross industrial misconduct and is an instantly sackable offence. Where I am the main industry is mining, folk are tested for alcohol/drugs every morning before work, any drugs you're out, any alcohol over the works limit, you're out, and infringement that's considered a breach of health and safely, you're out. No iffs, no buts, no second chances, just fuck off and find your own way home. The club has enough problems to deal with and if he can't play by the rules he should be gone. No more chances, everyone has been too lenient with this guy. How many months did it take him to get match fit???

Sounds like a grim place to work.

32 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I'm sure when he scores on his return in a lame preseason friendly down to some shit club in mid England , there will be a stone island clad pitch invasion. Followed by grim patter of The Pena and "he deserves another chance" for about a week on here.

I think every single thing you’ve posted there is extremely unlikely to happen.