Gerrard Has to Earn our Trust

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's that simple. It was just a few games ago we started to see the "We Deserve Better" banners unveiled. Everyone was up in arms at the mismanagement of our club from the upper echelons of Ibrox down to what was going on at pitch level. So whats changed? A youth coach placed into the position as Rangers manager has been thrown to the wolves by a board who are to blame for his appointment in the first place, and he's been replaced by a mid 30's youth coach under a lot of pomp and circus. Do people really believe the mhedia now want Rangers to do well? No, they love the possible ramifications of an EPL Legend like Gerrard going tits up at Rangers. Promises of investment abound as well - sounds like a typical soundbite from Dave King. 

But when the dust settles we still remain in a position where we are battling for second position with our new manager saying he will not enter the fray until this season finishes. I'm sure we heard that stand off viewpoint from Le Guen and Caixinha. Gerrard comes from fine footballing stock similar to our own legend Ally McCoist. We all know how Ally did as Rangers manager, a position where to lose a game puts you in the "Questionable" category as a manager. 

I want nothing more than Gerrard to succeed but he has to EARN my trust and support. I think a few on here need to remember that we have been here before and we still have no sight of the promised investment. Gerrard is not a "Rangers Man" and he will leave a position to protect his reputation rather than see it out to the inevitable sacking if it goes sour and he is not a proven manager at any level. THAT is the reality. 

I'm sure this thread will be revisited next season, my hope is that it's on a positive note but until then i would advise the Gerrard fanbase that are fervant at his appointment to make sure they don't forget our past few years or that the remaining board have being nothing short of incumbent with our clubs management. Make sure you have him earn your trust rather than follow him blindly. 

McCoist could never be compared with SG in any form of the game

17 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He swayed me and im a miserable cunt 

But we do not have any choice now, are we supposed to stick to our guns and keep complaining about Gerrard being appointed or after voicing our concerns are we going to do all we can to help and make sure it's a success?

That's the only reason I've changed my tune so to speak - as soon as the new manager signed any negativity would have been counterproductive. 

I wish people would stop comparing him to mccoist. Mccoist is nowhere near rated the same as Gerrard. I said in another thread Gerrard is the sweetheart of England where nobody wants him to fail. He will have resources and advice from top managers and players will want to come and play for him. The name Gerrard has already put Rangers back on the worldwide radar and he has a serious winning mentality. Nobody will be kicking a ball off his arse in training. Mccoist had none of that.

As for the media. Well what do we care what they think? The positive media has came from everywhere except here. They will regret their treatment of us, just look at BBC Scotland yesterday. So as the saying goes those that don't matter don't matter. 

Bring it on! :UK:

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye that’s key. This is going to sound dumb but I honestly didn’t realise he was such a massive, massive name until recently when everyone down here has been buzzing about it. Folk who don’t even like football asking me about Rangers etc. The crowd rocking up to see him. The photographers and media going absolutely wild for him. Well, I knew he was a huge name obviously, but until he came to us and we were in the spotlight too I didn’t appreciate just how big. 

We should be cashing in like fuck. Merchandise, sponsorships, get his name on absolutely everything and get it in stores all over the UK. 

Taigs are saying Gerrard wants to keep his merchandising rights so all our stuff with his name goes straight to him.

They're in the loop so they know 

2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I wish people would stop comparing him to mccoist. Mccoist is nowhere near rated the same as Gerrard. I said in another thread Gerrard is the sweetheart of England where nobody wants him to fail. He will have resources and advice from top managers and players will want to come and play for him. The name Gerrard has already put Rangers back on the worldwide radar and he has a serious winning mentality. Nobody will be kicking a ball off his arse in training. Mccoist had none of that.

As for the media. Well what do we care what they think? The positive media has came from everywhere except here. They will regret their treatment of us, just look at BBC Scotland yesterday. So as the saying goes those that don't matter don't matter. 

Bring it on! :UK:

They look after their own, he was a success as a player they want him to be a success as a manager. 

If he succeeds you will here calls for the England job. 

16 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Aye that’s key. This is going to sound dumb but I honestly didn’t realise he was such a massive, massive name until recently when everyone down here has been buzzing about it. Folk who don’t even like football asking me about Rangers etc. The crowd rocking up to see him. The photographers and media going absolutely wild for him. Well, I knew he was a huge name obviously, but until he came to us and we were in the spotlight too I didn’t appreciate just how big. 

We should be cashing in like fuck. Merchandise, sponsorships, get his name on absolutely everything and get it in stores all over the UK. 

Doesnt sound dumb. I was the same.

Look at the number of views on various Youtube /BT/ Sky interviews and videos etc.... hundreds of thousands. 

But not just regular viewers and people. Previous footballers, big names, pundits etc... all chipping in. From far and wide. 

We will be broadcast to areas of the world that didnt really know of us IMO.

I just pity some poor wee Chinaman pub owner who now has to listen to Tom Miller when they tune into RTV.

On the plus side to all this, Dave King has now put himself under an immense media spotlight to make sure that Gerrard has the funds to match his ambitions. He must know that Gerrard walking away and telling the world's media that he was lied to would be the end of him.

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

On the plus side to all this, Dave King has now put himself under an immense media spotlight to make sure that Gerrard has the funds to match his ambitions. He must know that Gerrard walking away and telling the world's media that he was lied to would be the end of him.

I think Gerrard is shrewd and his advisors and him would have wanted cast iron guarnatees from King

26 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We have just been viewed or talked about by a billion people yesterday about Gerrard. 

The way he spoke about his drive and mentality and the way he came across has swayed me big time. 

IMO with the right investment this is the 90s kids Souness moment. Maybe not in the same stature and dominance but the good times are coming back. 

I’ve never been as angry with the club as I was last week but I’ve done a 180 and can’t wait for the new season because of Gerrard

Good post mate 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Taigs are saying Gerrard wants to keep his merchandising rights so all our stuff with his name goes straight to him.

They're in the loop so they know 

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Doesnt sound dumb. I was the same.

Look at the number of views on various Youtube /BT/ Sky interviews and videos etc.... hundreds of thousands. 

But not just regular viewers and people. Previous footballers, big names, pundits etc... all chipping in. From far and wide. 

We will be broadcast to areas of the world that didnt really know of us IMO.

I just pity some poor wee Chinaman pub owner who now has to listen to Tom Miller when they tune into RTV.

Frantically googling for a “wit’s the goalie dain tom” translation 

1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

I think Gerrard is shrewd and his advisors and him would have wanted cast iron guarnatees from King

@eskbankloyal told us funds were definitely coming in the next few weeks.

He's the only one I take serious on here with posts like that so happy days

I can't disagree with any of that. Gerrard has my respect for what he's achieved in the game as a player and that's it. 

Of course he has to earn our trust but he can do that right off the bat by getting better quality players into this club.

This league is a backwater in European terms so by the time June comes around he will have had ample opportunity to assess what it takes to get results up here. It goes without saying he will get our unequivocal backing but only on the understanding this will be a very short honeymoon period. We are fortunate to have such a high profile name at the helm but first and fore most It's results we're looking for. 

Will need time he walking into a shit show at us some of the players who I see on here regularly rated are fucking pish and will win us nothing.

I was against Gerrard at the start of this but he will bring a level of professionalism and work ethic to us that's been missing for too long with a good team behind him working away he could have us challenging again he won't want to be second best.

5 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

You say cast iron, but it's not like anything legal ever gets signed and it wouldn't be the first time that a manager has been lied to in regards to funding levels. But King has now boxed himself into a corner by taking on someone as popular and high profile as Gerrard, which is a good thing for us.