• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listening to him, and seeing him, has swayed a lot of people.  And its not soundbites like usual, its just refreshing honesty. Guy is a born winner with an elite mentality. Personally for me

Cheers mate 

He swayed me and im a miserable cunt 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, FSM said:

Really hope it pays off on both sides, would hate for us to become known globally as the club who killed Steven Gerrard's management career.

And I would hate for us to become known as the club which no longer exists because a green kid manager killed us.

He needs to be given money, help to understand the game up here and time.

Money.  The liar, king, is promising that there is investment coming. Have the past fee years taught our support nothing about this man. HE LIES!!!!

Help.  Gerrard is young at 37 and for his first foray into management to be Rangers is a huge risk for him and for us, so he will need men around him who know the game up here. Gary McAllister is a good start but I hope he keeps JM and JJ on the staff. I also hope he moves to Scotland because unless you're immersed in the bitter bile from our mhedia outlets you'd never believe half of what you're told.

Time.  This is the biggest hurdle in front of him and It's us, us that headless beast known as a mob. When managers don't give us the results we deserve we believe then It's the torch and pitchfork mob investing Frankenstein's castle as we turn our anger on the players and manager. We are Rangers, we do not have a God given right to win everything, much as we might believe otherwise and of course the nonces in the east end of Glasgow are thinking basically the same thing, so one of us is going to be disappointed. Hopefully them.

If and by fuck It's a huge IF given the man in charge of the purse strings at Ibrox, if we get the investment and Gerrard can parlay his name into bringing class players to Ibrox then great, if his use of strategy and tactics are sound even better and if we're patient and accept that we probably can't be turned round overnight without around £30-50m then maybe, just maybe Steven Gerrard will become as successful as Graeme Souness and not another John Barnes.

32 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Wonder if he will want a player of his type in the team. Someone that rifles them in from distance and loves a long diagonal pass 

Ray Wilkins, Jorg Albertz, Gazza that's the standard we're hoping to see instead of Holt and O'Halloran.

I'd love a player in any of those styles to be in our team.

.Williamson. likes this
1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

Ray Wilkins, Jorg Albertz, Gazza that's the standard we're hoping to see instead of Holt and O'Halloran.

I'd love a player in any of those styles to be in our team.

I cant see us getting that standard of player but we don't need them to win this league we need a hard-working group who can fight and work hard all over the pitch and show up in every game. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's that simple. It was just a few games ago we started to see the "We Deserve Better" banners unveiled. Everyone was up in arms at the mismanagement of our club from the upper echelons of Ibrox down to what was going on at pitch level. So whats changed? A youth coach placed into the position as Rangers manager has been thrown to the wolves by a board who are to blame for his appointment in the first place, and he's been replaced by a mid 30's youth coach under a lot of pomp and circus. Do people really believe the mhedia now want Rangers to do well? No, they love the possible ramifications of an EPL Legend like Gerrard going tits up at Rangers. Promises of investment abound as well - sounds like a typical soundbite from Dave King. 

But when the dust settles we still remain in a position where we are battling for second position with our new manager saying he will not enter the fray until this season finishes. I'm sure we heard that stand off viewpoint from Le Guen and Caixinha. Gerrard comes from fine footballing stock similar to our own legend Ally McCoist. We all know how Ally did as Rangers manager, a position where to lose a game puts you in the "Questionable" category as a manager. 

I want nothing more than Gerrard to succeed but he has to EARN my trust and support. I think a few on here need to remember that we have been here before and we still have no sight of the promised investment. Gerrard is not a "Rangers Man" and he will leave a position to protect his reputation rather than see it out to the inevitable sacking if it goes sour and he is not a proven manager at any level. THAT is the reality. 

I'm sure this thread will be revisited next season, my hope is that it's on a positive note but until then i would advise the Gerrard fanbase that are fervant at his appointment to make sure they don't forget our past few years or that the remaining board have being nothing short of incumbent with our clubs management. Make sure you have him earn your trust rather than follow him blindly. 

there is always at least one miserable cunt in our support  how can you compare murty and mcoist to gerrard   our club was spoken about worldwide yesterday  for the first time in years   last sunday i was so depressed now i am filled with hope for the future

the guy is a winner  always has been  i dont imagine he would be here without some proof of investment  he was very very impressive yesterday  lets all get behind him  and show him what the true Rangers family are like                                                                        d

Even the younger generation are inspired and excited by this.  Gerrard had the biggest and most enthusiastic welcome we’ve gave anyone since Gazza 23 years ago, it seems ridiculous claiming he has up earn our trust less than 24 hours later.

This was a fantastic turnaround yesterday - for him coming to Rangers,  with who he knows and what he knows - and what he has done and won on the football field- a brilliant move and for me- it's the best news I have heard for many years.

I thought my club which I have supported and have been proud of for 59 years, was turning into a circus !!!  but now, I can see a better future and hopefully a successful Rangers once again.

bluedylan likes this
7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I cant see us getting that standard of player but we don't need them to win this league we need a hard-working group who can fight and work hard all over the pitch and show up in every game. 

Maybe, but wouldn't it be great though?

I'll accept good solid hard working no frills professionals but a big blonde German who can hammer them in from 30+ yards would be brilliant.

In Gerrard's first season I'd be happy with at least the group stage in Europe, a very close 2nd place and at least one cup.

1 hour ago, FSM said:

And also one who would have raised the profile of the club for sponsors and investors, which is something we need just as much as we need a decent manager. Really hope it pays off on both sides, would hate for us to become known globally as the club who killed Steven Gerrard's management career.

Only Steven Gerrard can kill Steven Gerrard's career. 

2 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

not if the board dont back him or decide to throw him under the bus like they have previously 

I get what you mean... but the board gave funds to Pedro and he spunked it away on numpties.

The board gave Murty a chance with players who could play well together... but his own tactics let him down.

Gerrard will be the new poster boy for a while... and the board will surely trust his judgement when he says he wants a £3m player instead of throwing him under a bus.

Just now, Ryju84 said:

I get what you mean... but the board gave funds to Pedro and he spunked it away on numpties.

The board gave Murty a chance with players who could play well together... but his own tactics let him down.

Gerrard will be the new poster boy for a while... and the board will surely trust his judgement when he says he wants a £3m player instead of throwing him under a bus.

Pedro got season ticket funds, Gerrard needs additional funding.

I didn’t want him in charge due to his inexperience but I’ve been swept up on all the hype so yes I’m still cautious about his appointment but by fuck, I want him stopping the savcos getting 9 and he’ll get my full support unless it starts to go seriously wrong.

40 minutes ago, Smile said:

Will need time he walking into a shit show at us some of the players who I see on here regularly rated are fucking pish and will win us nothing.

I was against Gerrard at the start of this but he will bring a level of professionalism and work ethic to us that's been missing for too long with a good team behind him working away he could have us challenging again he won't want to be second best.

Pretty sure he could quote Shankley on that point.

Yesterday was the first time in years I had the feeling in my stomach that things were about to turn same thing I got when Walter returned. Something just feels right about this.

I know I back every manager on here probably more than anyone but none of the previous ones gave me the feeling I had yesterday.

Paulbrian11 likes this

Yesterdays announcement of Gerrard was summed up perfectly on David Edgar's pod cast.....he said "today is the 1st time in years we felt this was Rangers"  yesterday we got our swagger back and make no mistake it was Gerrard who has given it us back

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Yesterdays announcement of Gerrard was summed up perfectly on David Edgar's pod cast.....he said "today is the 1st time in years we felt this was Rangers"  yesterday we got our swagger back and make no mistake it was Gerrard who has given it us back

Completely different circumstances but I can’t help be reminded of when Souness arrived and gave us our swagger back again.

2 minutes ago, tyabb bear said:

European trophy winners 

I didn't say they were bad managers. but I just don't see any of them being hailed as 'the best in the world'. Houllier ended up at Aston Villa and Benitez is at Newcastle ffs. And I obviously don't need to point out where Rodgers ended up.

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

What a stupid fucking post, he has to earn our trust! What does that even mean? How do you possibly support the team/manager any different to the way we always have until you trust them? 

Steven Gerrard doesn’t have to “earn” our support. He will get it until such a time where he shows that he doesn’t deserve it! The same as any other manager that has taken the reigns at Ibrox has been awarded! 

I think he means to wait and see how he performs in the job before treating him like the messiah. I don't think there will be a Rangers fan out there who doesn't hope Stevie G is the man to get us back to where we belong. Doesn't mean any fans are any less supportive by having reservations after the false dawns we've had recently.