Sir Alex

Had a brief panic when the Breaking News Alert showed "Former manager Alex Ferguson has..." 

Clicked in to see the update was that he has had the emergency surgery.

Not sure if intentional clickbait... i.e. they could have said "Emergency surgery complete - for former manager..." but it worked.

Hope he pulls through.

A true legend to the game, glad to hear that the procedure has went well but unfortunately  he is still in a bad way. On Rangers impending  return to again putting Scottish football up a few levels,one of a few who's  opinion on this that commands respect is his. Far too early for him to go yet. 

13 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

A bleed on the brain, coma apparently. What are we looking at here in terms of survival

A medically induced coma is a normal part of the treatment for brain haemorrhage.

Far too often the word legend is attached to celebs totally unworthy of the title.

I cringe when I see it being used when talking about folk who are little more than kids and achieved only very little success. The term is very devalued these days.

However SAF is the living embodiment of the word. He's never managed a club I support, but like fans and players of clubs all over the world he is respected as a true legend.

In his time has seen and done it all, good times and bad and even his fiercest rivals respect his greatness, except perhaps kevin keegan lol.

I hope he makes a full recovery as he is a decent honourable man who has done much to promote football, young players and countless others through his charity work.

Im not often given to stuff like this, but it had to be said. 

Im disgusted at some of the posts here, and hope they are timposters. They bring shame on our club.

5 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

aye then he betrayed us and married a catholic 

You need therapy. Shite like this marks you out as a total tube. You are an embarrassment..... We need a block button on here, or better still a sniper.

Great man and hope he pulls through, didn't get to any of the games when we played them in Europe but he brought a great team up to help Clyde out when they asked him as they were struggling for funds.

Clyde's stadium I can see from my window and had the players out signing autographs and even though I'm not a United fan I got tickets for some boys I know through the work for them, for there children to see the likes of Rooney and Van Nistelroy and whoever else played in they days to come to Cumbernauld was brilliant.

25 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

You need therapy. Shite like this marks you out as a total tube. You are an embarrassment..... We need a block button on here, or better still a sniper.

Click on account then ignored users then type the name of user you wish to add and you'll never see any more of their shite again mate.