1. 1. Sign him up or let him go?

• Sign (£600k or so)
    • Let him go

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/05/2018 at 16:47, insider said:

Cummings can be bought for around 600k.

We turned down nearly twenty times that for Morelos.

Nuff said

Are you saying Cummings is a steal at 600k or are you saying he is shit ? Bit confused with that one ? 

Poll results thus far sum up how tough this is. To be fair Cummings hasn't exactly been given a platform to showcase his talents, surrounded by disillusioned players of a mediocre standard. On the other hand, 4 months is a reasonable period of time to see the cut of someone's jib. 

Gut feeling on this guy is that he'd genuinely improve with better quality surrounding him. We cannot ignore the the fact that he knows the score here and wants to be at Rangers. I think he senses what is ahead of him if a Club like us says no thanks.

I think he is absolutely worth 600K if that is indeed the asking price. 

4 minutes ago, Drum said:

Poll results thus far sum up how tough this is. To be fair Cummings hasn't exactly been given a platform to showcase his talents, surrounded by disillusioned players of a mediocre standard. On the other hand, 4 months is a reasonable period of time to see the cut of someone's jib. 

Gut feeling on this guy is that he'd genuinely improve with better quality surrounding him. We cannot ignore the the fact that he knows the score here and wants to be at Rangers. I think he senses what is ahead of him if a Club like us says no thanks.

I think he is absolutely worth 600K if that is indeed the asking price. 

600k would go some way to getting someone in with a pedigree.  

It’s a lot of dough for a sub

44 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

The fact Cummings has a price tag of around, only, 600k and there appears to be no interest in England speaks volumes. 

perceptions mate - seems like down there unless there's a 10 mil price tag on your head they don't want to know - ross mccormack, stephen fletcher, mat ritchie etc.

not that I think cummings is worth 10 mil lol but hope you get my point

34 minutes ago, moody blue 1972 said:

perceptions mate - seems like down there unless there's a 10 mil price tag on your head they don't want to know - ross mccormack, stephen fletcher, mat ritchie etc.

And all 3 if them are fucking shite.

Overrated shit-pit if a league set up, hope the arse collapses out it soon fir the very reason you gave mate.

He can definitely finish, probably in the top 5 in the league in that respect. Also think his link up play is pretty good and his movement is clever. Physically though, he hasn't looked quick enough or strong enough to be a threat against the better teams in the league and that's worrying.

I think he's worth a punt, but he has a lot of work to do to be a regular starter for us.

Might be a foregone conclusion but a bit of man management wouldn't go amiss. Imagine Gerrard putting the arm around him and asking him more than he was willing to give?  The same wouldn't work for Windlass because he already believes he's made it here. He should get a rebuttal

Think the split in the vote is quite apt for a footballer at a crossroads.  Clearly has an eye for goal,  but can he up his game to make a difference for us?  I think probably yes given better support. 

Cummings is shite! funnily enough I had a higher opinion of him before he came on loan, hes the kinda player we would have overpaid for in the past, then we’d have been stuck with him, an there’s no way hivs would have sold him to us for 1m 

i actually like his personality but fuck his personality it’s football not Facebook 

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

Cummings is shite! funnily enough I had a higher opinion of him before he came on loan

Funnily enough I have an opposite view. He has shown he has quite a bit to his game. He can hold the ball, has a decent bit if skill, can score goals, decent(ish) pace, and I think can read the game well. 

He is far from shite but needs to be played not as a loan striker. Hopefully our latest punt at a manager actually realises this. For 600k in todays market well worth a punt.

2 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Funnily enough I have an opposite view. He has shown he has quite a bit to his game. He can hold the ball, has a decent bit if skill, can score goals, decent(ish) pace, and I think can read the game well. 

He is far from shite but needs to be played not as a loan striker. Hopefully our latest punt at a manager actually realises this. For 600k in todays market well worth a punt.

Fair enough mate that’s your opinion, i don’t think he’s been good enough when he has played, for us to want to sign him permanently. 

when I say a player is shite, what I generally mean is he’s not good enough for Rangers, he might make a decent career elsewhere and good luck to him.

Morelos is a far better player and I wouldn't be bitterly disappointed if he went either, I’m happy to be proved wrong by the players themselves, not anybody else’s opinion of them.

On 25/05/2018 at 20:13, moody blue 1972 said:

Morelos had an 11m price tag on his head in jan an it’s dropped to a loan ? 

price tags mean absolutely nothing to anybody unless you want to pay it an you think it’s worth it

cummings price tag apparently is a modest 600k an nobody’s biting says it all

can see an Aberdeen or hearts trying to get him on loan 

Archived