Cummings

graeme_4

Cummings.  

709 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him up or let him go?

• Sign (£600k or so)
    • Let him go

5 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Absolutely gutting myself reading that. He has got a good few goals as we always have a lot of possession and will create chances. I wonder if he can be trained to be a better player? I have my doubts . I also wonder if he would get a work permit down south yet.

He'd definitely get a waste permit.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked like Cummings was in LM. why do we insist in playing players out of position? Mccrorie showed where he plays best yet we stick him at centre back against the taigs. 

Why don't we play to our strengths? 

Morelos actually played his best football this season up top with Kenny miller as a two, maybe miller has a better football brain than Cummings but any other team in this league would play the two up front, not us tho, we go for a 2-4- 9-5 or some shit formation with a team loaded with midfielders, who our defence think we'll just miss them all out and hit Morelos on his own.  play 4-4-2  on sun and be done with it.

would keep him tho, he needs to play regularly to get his confidence up and we'll see a better JC.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes we lack an effective midfield, but that is no excuse for not being able to hit a barn door at ten yards ffs.

Morelos is more effective is utter shite. He is supposed be our main striker ffs and plays 90 minutes week in week out and misses sitter after after sitter and I've seen milk turn quicker. Chasing down lost causes is of no interest to me. Not his fucking job. Get in the fucking box more he might even manage to net one in ten. 

Why to get even less touches of the ball - there's not one fuckin creative player in that fuckin team

I don't think we were that great tonight. Took the wrong option too many times in the final third but I felt Cummings gave us a dimension and different option to our play in the second half even if it looked like he was on the left wing at times.

I've had it with Morelos to be honest. Getting beyond pish. 

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't think we were that great tonight. Took the wrong option too many times in the final third but I felt Cummings gave us a dimension and different option to our play in the second half even if it looked like he was on the left wing at times.

I've had it with Morelos to be honest. Getting beyond pish. 

There was one point in the 2nd half where he was just to the side of the post but instead of holding the ball up he ballooned it to fuck over the bar.

His decision making at times is fucking criminal, he's a greedy bastard.

2 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

There was one point in the 2nd half where he was just to the side of the post but instead of holding the ball up he ballooned it to fuck over the bar.

His decision making at times is fucking criminal, he's a greedy bastard.

That's forwards for you. The best striker in Scotland, IMO, is Griffiths and he does that all the time. 

Doesn't make it less frustrating but that's strikers for you. He put in a hell of a shift tonight.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's forwards for you. The best striker in Scotland, IMO, is Griffiths and he does that all the time. 

Doesn't make it less frustrating but that's strikers for you. He put in a hell of a shift tonight.

He did put in a shift tonight must admit.

If he worked on his decision making & overall awareness then he'd score more goals imo. He gets caught offside far too much.

1 minute ago, King_gazza said:

He did put in a shift tonight must admit.

If he worked on his decision making & overall awareness then he'd score more goals imo. He gets caught offside far too much.

Don't disagree with that.

But there's a lot there to work with, with him. 

7 hours ago, donmeister1972 said:

Better just blasting the ball into the sky and being hero worshipped?fuck me man,how old are all the cunts on Rangers media these days man

Eh?

The amount of times he had to show Halliday or Martins where to look to pass the ball was worrying a thought. Every time both of them got the ball they'd look and look for something and Cummings a few times pointed out what to do with it for them. Thought he changed it when he came on.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Is a poor player and not close to the ability of Mo, but he’s a happy chappie with tats from Scotland so he’s a superstar while Mo should get punted for fuck all. 

??? only on a Rangers forum. 

“Mo” misses simple chances constantly and is permanently offside. You can bang on about his overall play and his “effort” as much as you like, but he is an awful, awful striker, who has cost us more points than he has won us this season.

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

“Mo” misses simple chances constantly and is permanently offside. You can bang on about his overall play and his “effort” as much as you like, but he is an awful, awful striker, who has cost us more points than he has won us this season.

Bullying defenders in the games he chooses to try seems to mean more to his fanboys than his ability to score goals.

Ridiculous..

3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

No Mo we don’t get a draw last night. 

Maybe he needs to get some crap tats his English is already better than Cummings. 

Yes he’s raw when it comes to his finishing still managed 18 goals this season, I remember everyone screaming for a striker that could give us around 20 goals a season. 

16 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Morelos is not an awful, awful striker :lol: behave. He played a crucial part in our goal last night with his quick thinking. 

I think what we’re seeing is a guy who is absolutely knackered and has 0 confidence rn. A full pre season and a team of better players around him next year and he’ll be good to go again IMO. 

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No Mo we don’t get a draw last night. 

Maybe he needs to get some crap tats his English is already better than Cummings. 

Yes he’s raw when it comes to his finishing still managed 18 goals this season, I remember everyone screaming for a striker that could give us around 20 goals a season. 

You seem obsesssed with the shite tattoos? 

I’d rather have had the draw against the taigs at Ibrox, which he cost us with his inability to score from 5 yards. 

For a guy who’s played as a lone striker for the whole season in a high-scoring team, is 18 goals really much of an achievement? Less goals than Boyd? Not for me.

If ever a player can benefit from proper coaching on how to play the striker's role its Morelos. He has regressed to the point where its difficult to watch and its absolutely criminal.

Not saying he's ever going to be a Griezmann but he definitely has a lot more to give than he currently is and I'm convinced it's in there. The confidence is all to fuck, you can see it in his play he's frustrated with whats around him or rather the lack of what's around him. 

That header last night as an example should have been put away ten times out of ten. You can't tell me someone practicing technique day in day out can't score chances like that. The sad thing is he's getting worse as time goes on,  there have been glaring examples all season where composure should have kicked in. 

Someone needs to get a hold of him, get inside his head because he's still very young. Get rid of that attitude and petulance then harness all his natural attributes like the speed and aggression. 

He's supposed to have come here to learn but from what I'm watching that's definitely not the case. He has the capability to unsettle any defence in this league but Rangers need a clinical striker and its here he needs help from someone who can bring him on. 

33 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Morelos has scored more goals than any sheltic striker. 4 more than 80’s hairdoo  Simclair 5 more than dollar man Dumbelly 5 more than the thumb 6 more than that funny humphy backed forrest bloke and 5 more than the misspelled Edward  

i think you will find with a decent coach young Morelos will do just fine by us - he’s far from awful ffs

12 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

If ever a player can benefit from proper coaching on how to play the striker's role its Morelos. He has regressed to the point where its difficult to watch and its absolutely criminal.

Not saying he's ever going to be a Griezmann but he definitely has a lot more to give than he currently is and I'm convinced it's in there. The confidence is all to fuck, you can see it in his play he's frustrated with whats around him or rather the lack of what's around him. 

That header last night as an example should have been put away ten times out of ten. You can't tell me someone practicing technique day in day out can't score chances like that. The sad thing is he's getting worse as time goes on,  there have been glaring examples all season where composure should have kicked in. 

Someone needs to get a hold of him, get inside his head because he's still very young. Get rid of that attitude and petulance then harness all his natural attributes like the speed and aggression. 

He's supposed to have come here to learn but from what I'm watching that's definitely not the case. He has the capability to unsettle any defence in this league but Rangers need a clinical striker and its here he needs help from someone who can bring him on. 

It’s no coincidence that Morelos’s form has dipped since Pedro left. 

He was probably good for him. 

Archived