Cummings

graeme_4

Cummings.  

709 members have voted

1. 1. Sign him up or let him go?

• Sign (£600k or so)
    • Let him go

21 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

You seem obsesssed with the shite tattoos? 

I’d rather have had the draw against the taigs at Ibrox, which he cost us with his inability to score from 5 yards. 

For a guy who’s played as a lone striker for the whole season in a high-scoring team, is 18 goals really much of an achievement? Less goals than Boyd? Not for me.

Oh right so it alright to point out the misses and poor play but don’t mention the good play. ??

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s no coincidence that Morelos’s form has dipped since Pedro left. 

He was probably good for him. 

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Hatley or Sheringham type. 

What can a guy do when the wide men are currently offering next to nothing, whilst the fullbacks behind them can't defend and a midfield that get bullied off the ball and create nothing. I don't think we can really blame either Cummings or Morelos, both have no support especially when you don't know what Murphy and Candeias will turn up.

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

“Mo” misses simple chances constantly and is permanently offside. You can bang on about his overall play and his “effort” as much as you like, but he is an awful, awful striker, who has cost us more points than he has won us this season.

Stop talking sense ffs.

We know the team isn't creative, but the chances he does get and misses are fucking horrendous.

You won't win games with that, as we've witnessed, far less win a title.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh right so it alright to point out the misses and poor play but don’t mention the good play. ??

He's supposed to be a striker ffs,  not an ankle nipping terrier chasing lost causes and out of position. He's blowing through his erse by the time he gets in front of goal. Not the smartest and also a selfish player.

In saying all that, we are set up wrongly to play to players strengths.

1 hour ago, lee-irvine said:

What can a guy do when the wide men are currently offering next to nothing, whilst the fullbacks behind them can't defend and a midfield that get bullied off the ball and create nothing. I don't think we can really blame either Cummings or Morelos, both have no support especially when you don't know what Murphy and Candeias will turn up.

You can't, but Morelos is as much a striker as Tav is a defender. Pish.

Cummings isn't it either, but he is smarter and more of a team player.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He's supposed to be a striker ffs,  not an ankle nipping terrier chasing lost causes and out of position. He's blowing through his erse by the time he gets in front of goal. Not the smartest and also a selfish player.

In saying all that, we are set up wrongly to play to players strengths.

You are officially off your rocker. 

So if he stayed up top and isolated because of poor tactics he would be a lazy cunt as well as a poor finisher, and show me a striker that isn’t a selfish player. 

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Morelos is not an awful, awful striker :lol: behave. He played a crucial part in our goal last night with his quick thinking. 

I think what we’re seeing is a guy who is absolutely knackered and has 0 confidence rn. A full pre season and a team of better players around him next year and he’ll be good to go again IMO. 

I’m using the word striker very deliberately, I’m not saying he’s an awful player. I genuinely can’t recall seeing a less instinctive “striker”, he literally has no idea where the goal or keeper are unless he has an age to think about it. And nobody is ever going to teach him that, he simply doesn’t have it.

I maintain that his goal tally for a lone striker playing almost every single game in a relatively high-scoring team is distinctly average, and would easily have been matched by Cummings (and I don’t really rate him either).

This, combined with his absolute inability to understand/obey the offside rule, means I stand by it. He’s an awful striker.

25 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You are officially off your rocker. 

So if he stayed up top and isolated because of poor tactics he would be a lazy cunt as well as a poor finisher, and show me a striker that isn’t a selfish player. 

Even if we set up correctly, his shooting ability is shocking. He isn't it. He is no McCoist or a Hately, or a Mols and many more of our better strikers. I don't know what he is.

His stats and performances prove me correct.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Even if we set up correctly, his shooting ability is shocking. He isn't it. He is no McCoist or a Hately, or a Mols and many more of our better strikers. I don't know what he is.

No one is claiming he is. 

What we are saying is he has the potential to be a top class striker/forward. 

His Stats don’t prove anything, other than he’s the top scorer for the season. 

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Is a poor player and not close to the ability of Mo, but he’s a happy chappie with tats from Scotland so he’s a superstar while Mo should get punted for fuck all. 

??? only on a Rangers forum. 

What forum would that be? Cos nobody's said anything like that on here.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Cummings at £600k is an absolute steal

Mad that Morelos constantly gets defended due to his age but it doesn't seem to come into it with Cummings even though they're roughly the same age

I think we should be looking to keep both of them, while also looking to add somebody who’s a bit more experienced but still in their prime. 

If we have aspirations to challenge for honours we need strength in depth and with their potential i’d be looking to keep both of them.

5 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Cummings at £600k is an absolute steal

Mad that Morelos constantly gets defended due to his age but it doesn't seem to come into it with Cummings even though they're roughly the same age

One has obvious potential and one is a Scottish Championship Player. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Hes scored 64 in 104 by the age of 21. 

Played for the last 14/15 months without a break, which is definitely showing now

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think we should be looking to keep both of them, while also looking to add somebody who’s a bit more experienced but still in their prime. 

If we have aspirations to challenge for honours we need strength in depth and with their potential i’d be looking to keep both of them.

I'd cash in on Morelos tbh, we need a total rebuild and the funds we could get for him would help that

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

One has obvious potential and one is a Scottish Championship Player. 

:lol: 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye Cummings gets the same grief as Mo. ??

:lol: 

I'm always hearing that Morelos is young and he will learn......what exactly is he going to learn?

Morelos constantly finds himself in good goal scoring positions ( which is a positive) but he constantly fluffs his lines.....rarely have I seen a centre forward who seems to always get his timing wrong when about to pull the trigger.....for me that is natural ability and unfortunately Morelos dosent have it....if we want to win the league from the tims then we need much better.

Archived