Wisdom of the Crowd

With the Grand National thread on the Sports forum, a lot of us managed to talk ourselves into finding the winner over about four pages or so.

Since it's pretty dead in here just now I was thinking, could we pick a race that's about a week or so away and discuss it and argue over it and come up with the winner?

Any thoughts?

6 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

With the Grand National thread on the Sports forum, a lot of us managed to talk ourselves into finding the winner over about four pages or so.

Since it's pretty dead in here just now I was thinking, could we pick a race that's about a week or so away and discuss it and argue over it and come up with the winner?

Any thoughts?

Good shout. 50p ew on your post

Had a look through the race and as I find Chester as hard as the dogs :lol: I'm going to go with previous course, distance and ground winner Kenstone. 

It's a tough race and I do like C&D form at Chester. It's won in a higher grade than this one as well.

So that @16/1 for me e/w.

No a race i could really get involved in lol.

Although O'mera is in good form and he has sultan baybars from stall 2 which is a plumb draw there so I'd say that's probably a second choice 

12 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I'll go for never surrender because I'm staunch as fuck 

Nah I'm still in the process of eliminating some I'll get my pick and reason in by tonight or morning at the latest, that's me just looked at the race

Also numpty @Rfc52 rang race it's the morra :lol: 

Oh :lol:

Well that's the 505 the day ok 

:duh:

by strange coincidence...or is it an omen?....Hanagan the Managan and Fahey have Dark Devil running...now at 7/1........same as yesterday

so for no other reason......£5 on it.

Race is the 5.05 at Chester today - THURSDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

:duh:

by strange coincidence...or is it an omen?....Hanagan the Managan and Fahey have Dark Devil running...now at 7/1........same as yesterday

so for no other reason......£5 on it.

Race is the 5.05 at Chester today - THURSDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just came on to post it's between that and never surrender, my preference being for faheys. 

I'm not picking any race of sort but I will put up some info I've come across lately, a guy I work with put me onto a jockey to follow...the lad Rob Hornby, now the lad normally gets between 1-3 rides a day but sometimes he has none, the big priced winners this boy is landing is frightening, his 3 main trainers are balding, tuite and the interesting one is a guy Portman.....I think of late they are 4/6 the 1st winner landed at odds of 33/1 and the latest one I saw returned at 7/2....maybe the bookies getting wise, anyway he had 2 rides on Monday the 1st was nowhere so I backed his 2nd ride kimifive....the fucker got beat on the nod at 12/1, anyway I have been keeping an eye out for his mounts and he only has 1 tonight at Chelmsford in the 8.10....he is riding for balding on the outsider of 5 at odds of 28/1....in no way am I tipping this up I am merely pointing out he is worth following?

5 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I'm not picking any race of sort but I will put up some info I've come across lately, a guy I work with put me onto a jockey to follow...the lad Rob Hornby, now the lad normally gets between 1-3 rides a day but sometimes he has none, the big priced winners this boy is landing is frightening, his 3 main trainers are balding, tuite and the interesting one is a guy Portman.....I think of late they are 4/6 the 1st winner landed at odds of 33/1 and the latest one I saw returned at 7/2....maybe the bookies getting wise, anyway he had 2 rides on Monday the 1st was nowhere so I backed his 2nd ride kimifive....the fucker got beat on the nod at 12/1, anyway I have been keeping an eye out for his mounts and he only has 1 tonight at Chelmsford in the 8.10....he is riding for balding on the outsider of 5 at odds of 28/1....in no way am I tipping this up I am merely pointing out he is worth following?

Cheers H..............we all know that info is simply that..........no one forces a bet.....so thanks for the heads up on the jockey...will certainly keep an eye on him.

p.s.

you bastard....i put a tenner on him and he was f**ckn last