Progress since Progres

On Saturday we surpassed our points total for last year. 

We are much closer to celtic who,  along with Aberdeen, will finish with a lower points total than last year. This could be due to Hibs, Kilmarnock and, to an extent, Hearts making the league more competitive. 

Two draws in our last two games should be enough to clinch second, and 4 points almost certainly will. 

So we have done better than last season, in a more competitive SPFL. Progress. 

I don’t think we need a root and branch clear out. We should focus on bringing in 4-5 real quality players - the type who will add strength to the mentality and belief of the squad, not just what they bring in playing ability. And central defence must be the focus area. 

That should only cost between £10 - 18 million. 

The squad should also be thinned out to make way for our best young players coming through, so maybe 8-9 out the door. 

I don’t think it requires anything more radical than that to challenge for the title and we must take care not to waste anymore money on 'quantity over quality'. 

I think the scum have more gears to go through if we really challenged them. I wouldn't consider this season's points total what to aim to beat next season,  I reckon they'll step up again.

4-5 new players will strengthen our 1st team. Their squad is far stronger than ours and they cope with injuries and form issues much better. We need to strengthen the squad so that  those coming in as subs etc improve us or don't weaken us not just fill jerseys. 

We have a long long way to go. The contractual position of many of our worthless losers is a major problem.

we are not much closer to celtic. They beat us by four goals every game, stop deluding yourselves.

There is nothing about this season to be happy about apart from the fact its ending.

Weve made small progress in certain areas but for the most part weve went backwards or remained stagnant

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I rate Motherwell keeping us in the Championship by absolutely thumping us as much much worse 

We were never going up that season. I knew that straight away after losing a friendly to that college team. This season we’ve won fuck all, had the most humiliating European result in our history and gifted the taigs a treble with some inept performances. Hanging material.

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

We were never going up that season. I knew that straight away after losing a friendly to that college team. This season we’ve won fuck all, had the most humiliating European result in our history and gifted the taigs a treble with some inept performances. Hanging material.

This season has been a clusterfuck but i'd argue that this season is less surprising than the Motherwell playoff season as we seen what happened last year and did literally fuck all about it. I still see Cammy Bell leaking goals like fuck in my nightmares 

Looking atm like next years going to be much the same as this year 

57 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Sorry but this is the most humiliating season in my life time.

This is actually spot on. There has been no more embarrassing seasons than this one. 

Thanks for that new perspective. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think the scum have more gears to go through if we really challenged them. I wouldn't consider this season's points total what to aim to beat next season,  I reckon they'll step up again.

4-5 new players will strengthen our 1st team. Their squad is far stronger than ours and they cope with injuries and form issues much better. We need to strengthen the squad so that  those coming in as subs etc improve us or don't weaken us not just fill jerseys. 

We have a long long way to go. The contractual position of many of our worthless losers is a major problem.

They need CL to make a profit and with the revamp of CL next season it will be very difficult for them to qualify also they have to pay back their £16.9 million bank loan next year as well. I think they won't be able to sign anyone of note until they qualify which is a big if or they sell the likes of dembele rogic tierney for big bucks. 

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I rate Motherwell keeping us in the Championship by absolutely thumping us as much much worse 

We didn’t have back to back hammerings off the scum. We didn’t lose our 25 year record at Ibrox against the sheep. We didn’t have the embarrassment of Caixinha    And then Murty. We didn’t have a second rate Aberdeen manager turning down our managers post. We didn’t have our club captain and most experienced player suspended for showing some passion. We didn’t have our marquee signing shipped back to Mexico on Loan and then being sacked by his loan club for being a piss head. We didn’t lose one of our better CHs to the US and the other to Germany while bringing in loan signings. We didn’t have some farcical transfer saga of 10 Million quid offer from a Chinese club for a huffy wee shitebag who missed some of the worst open goals since van vossen. We didn’t have the scum beat us from a goal down with ten men. we didn’t have two directors resign under questionable circumstances. We didn’t sign a kit deal with Hummel  ...... it goes on and on  

this has been, without rival, the most embarrassing season I can recall. 

3 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

We didn’t have back to back hammerings off the scum. We didn’t lose our 25 year record at Ibrox against the sheep. We didn’t have the embarrassment of Caixinha    And then Murty. We didn’t have a second rate Aberdeen manager turning down our managers post. We didn’t have our club captain and most experienced player suspended for showing some passion. We didn’t have our marquee signing shipped back to Mexico on Loan and then being sacked by his loan club for being a piss head. We didn’t lose one of our better CHs to the US and the other to Germany while bringing in loan signings. We didn’t have some farcical transfer saga of 10 Million quid offer from a Chinese club for a huffy wee shitebag who missed some of the worst open goals since van vossen. We didn’t have the scum beat us from a goal down with ten men. we didn’t have two directors resign under questionable circumstances. We didn’t sign a kit deal with Hummel  ...... it goes on and on  

this has been, without rival, the most embarrassing season I can recall. 

We were in the championship and lost 6-1 over two legs in the play off final to fucking Motherwell.

Motherwell. Championship. Playoff. Motherwell

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

This season has been a clusterfuck but i'd argue that this season is less surprising than the Motherwell playoff season as we seen what happened last year and did literally fuck all about it. I still see Cammy Bell leaking goals like fuck in my nightmares 

Looking atm like next years going to be much the same as this year 

at points in this season there was talk of us challenging for the league, now look where we are.

i thought the lower leagues was bad but this is much more painful

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

at points in this season there was talk of us challenging for the league, now look where we are.

i thought the lower leagues was bad but this is much more painful

Talk of us challenging in the league was daft.

I'm numb to the taig results now so i'll have to disagree and stick the Motherwell keeping us down as much more embarrassing.

We abandoned a game that year too because we couldn't turn undersoil heating on