Bates

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

apparently, he was on £7K a week and wanted £10K. We offered £9k and hamburg offered £12K. Goodbye Mr Bates.

Thats what i read anyway...

I dont think Bates would be on anywhere near 7k, i bet if the contract offered was 7k it would have been signed.

I have no inside info at all.

25 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

apparently, he was on £7K a week and wanted £10K. We offered £9k and hamburg offered £12K. Goodbye Mr Bates.

No chance he was on £7k to start with

We've missed a trick keeping him. We now have to recruit 4 new centre backs in summer, and judging by our recent transfer dealings we're unlikely to get more than 2 of those right.

Bates would've been a good understudy and ready to step in if needed, like Danny Wilson was used originally. However we've now sold/let go of both, which I don't think was the smartest business move.

34 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

We've missed a trick keeping him. We now have to recruit 4 new centre backs in summer, and judging by our recent transfer dealings we're unlikely to get more than 2 of those right.

Bates would've been a good understudy and ready to step in if needed, like Danny Wilson was used originally. However we've now sold/let go of both, which I don't think was the smartest business move.

Do you think it will be easy to offload Alves and Cardoso? If not, do you think we can afford to have them on the books plus another 4 CHs? What position do you think the club management will see Mccrorie as filling - CH or CDM?

29 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What position do you think the club management will see Mccrorie as filling - CH or CDM?

If it's CH then we might aswell give the beggars the next title now and bag Gerrard, he is never a CH.

He is good. Obviously it’s a lot to do with money. But I wonder the logic in spending a couple of years trying to break into a team, to jump ship just when it looks like your 1st choice. 

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

He was on £200k a year which by my calculations is just under 4 grand a week. Don’t know what was on offer, would only be guesswork.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah but do you think he's considered at the club as a CH currently filling the CDM role or an ex CH now in a new role?

How would i know?

What i am saying is if he is considered a first choice CH by the new management team then i think we are in serious trouble, the way Dembele bullied him was really hard to watch. I like the boy but his decision making and rashness will cost us points time and time again unless he learns quickly.

Just now, plumbGER said:

How would i know?

What i am saying is if he is considered a first choice CH by the new management team then i think we are in serious trouble, the way Dembele bullied him was really hard to watch. I like the boy but his decision making and rashness will cost us points time and time again unless he learns quickly.

I'm asking your opinion. You've never been short of that!

I agree with your 2nd point.

20 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Whos crying about it , the club made another fuck up letting it happen.

The club didn't make the decision. Everyone is assuming it was down to money however Scottish League v German. Which is better?

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm asking your opinion. You've never been short of that!

I agree with your 2nd point.

It would be impossible for me to guess the new management teams views on Ross though, not until we see how they have us set up and played a few games at least.

Jimmy Nic said last night he had never seen him as a CDM if that's any use?