Jimmy Nicholl

Rupret

So I have previously slated JN and JJ as our emergency managers. After tonight I retract my previous comments, even with that poor draw tonight.

With Murty, that would have been 2 or 3 nil loss.

They steadied the ship at half time and made the correct changes.

I have nothing but respect for JN, getting that mob to draw away at Aberdeen and a win at home against Killie.

1 minute ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Murty did beat the sheep 3 times

Did he manage to beat Killie, hounestly my mind is a blur this season?

My point was a Murty team I think would have folded after the dodgy penalty.

Have no real issue with him but the previous two performances have been brutal viewing and not much has changed as expected. He has a horrendous squad at his disposal though so if he secures second place on Sunday then fair play to the guy.

5 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

JN gave me one of my best non Rangers moments in that cup final at ibrox so cant really slate him despite tonight and after all hes only in charge for a few games

I’d forgotten that he’d had a foot in both camps, having assisted Calderwood.

You make a very good point re the league cup win

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I’d forgotten that he’d had a foot in both camps, having assisted Calderwood.

You make a very good point re the league cup win

i forgot all about calderwood.  all i remember was dalziel??  sticking it in with his nose and then raith rovers winning on penalties:bow:

9 minutes ago, Rupret said:

Did he manage to beat Killie, hounestly my mind is a blur this season?

My point was a Murty team I think would have folded after the dodgy penalty.

The way things have been recently, you’ve probably got a point.

Good job McLean’s rasper that hit the bar didn’t go in, though...

What is it with us & keepers who get beaten over their heads?

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

i forgot all about calderwood.  all i remember was dalziel??  sticking it in with his nose and then raith rovers winning on penalties:bow:

Another memory of that weekend was having to get my arse up to Ibrox on the Friday night, for our game v, coincidentally, the sheep!

First time I’d seen a proper game on a Friday, outside possibly the festive season!

Shades of things to come!

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

The way things have been recently, you’ve probably got a point.

Good job McLean’s rasper that hit the bar didn’t go in, though...

What is it with us & keepers who get beaten over their heads?

for as long as i can remember we have always had great GKs.  from woods to goram, klos etc even waterhaus wasnt the worst then of course mcgregor.  however bell and foderingham over the last 4-6 years have been absolute bombscares and thats putting it politely.  we really need at the very least a competent GK.  in fact not just a gK but a full defence

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Another memory of that weekend was having to get my arse up to Ibrox on the Friday night, for our game v, coincidentally, the sheep!

First time I’d seen a proper game on a Friday, outside possibly the festive season!

Shades of things to come!

u have a better memory than me thats for sure.  i cant remember what i was doing at the weekend let alone almost 24 years ago:confused:

25 minutes ago, Rupret said:

So I have previously slated JN and JJ as our emergency managers. After tonight I retract my previous comments, even with that poor draw tonight.

With Murty, that would have been 2 or 3 nil loss.

They steadied the ship at half time and made the correct changes.

I have nothing but respect for JN, getting that mob to draw away at Aberdeen and a win at home against Killie.

I agree, at least he changed something at ht, we were running around like headless chickens first half after the gifted goal, and although we were still shite second half we did dominate it at times, even the commentators agreed we were the better team.

His tactics were punt the ball to Morelos in the first half and have the midfield pick up the scraps, the midfield gave no support.

Back to the McCoist guidebook for managing.

Goss should be sent back to wherever he came from,waste of a shirt, murphy is mastering the nicky law guidebook to midfield along with dorrans!  candieas needs to get stuck in he's always waiting for something to happen.

then Cummings at LM? Dear me.

mccrorie prob our best player and he was shocking first half.

jimmy will need to pull something out the bag if we are to beat hivs.

Feel sorry for jimmy as you can see the passion is there but he has a squad of shite to chose from. It will be old school tactic against Hibs but the players don't have any fight in them.