Jimmy Nicholl

Rupret

JN was right in that the 'penalty' changed the game(1st) half at least. Our players should be professional enough to know that shit happens and get on wi it.He and JJ did a good job at HT in getting the team playing again and he did make the point of the poor final ball let us down.

For the first time in a while we seen the team getting stuck in and yet they're still being called 'shitbags,cowards etc,we know most of the team are not Rangers standard and that will change under Gerrard I'm sure but at least give them some credit when they do show some guts. Some of the names Rangers players are being called on here is beneath contempt for so-called Bears.

2 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

So a keeper gets "beaten over his head" when a ball zooms over the bar as well for a goal kick?

Strange

Strange indeed....

I’ve NEVER heard someone complain about a goalkeeper not getting to a shot that didn’t go in.

5 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

But he did get beaten over his head.  Whether it went in or not is irrelevant.  The fact is it went over his head. If the ball was 10mm lower or had a bit more swerve or dip it was in and on the replays he still wouldn't have reached it.  

How many goals have we conceded this season from distance is the worry aspect tho and highlights how bad our goalkeepers, foderingham especially are and really needs to be addressed as a priority in the summer along with central defence

You are talking absolute pish, if the ball done this, if the ball done that, if the player done this, if the player done that, what a load of fucking pish.  What is irrelevant is your ridiculous point, have you ever fucking played football at any level.  Your sounding like one of they studio twats that analyse every players movements from 100 camera angles in slow motion then criticise them.

Simple fact is the guy got beaten with a shot  that came off the bar, no goal scored, no harm done.  It happens to goalies every fucking Saturday, yet you want to pillory our keeper because he got beaten by a distance shot?  Hang the fucker! 

And before you start, don’t bring Foderingham into the equation, he is never and will never will be, good enough to be a Rangers goalkeeper and I really hope we get him to fuck.

7 hours ago, Blueofblood said:

You are talking absolute pish, if the ball done this, if the ball done that, if the player done this, if the player done that, what a load of fucking pish.  What is irrelevant is your ridiculous point, have you ever fucking played football at any level.  Your sounding like one of they studio twats that analyse every players movements from 100 camera angles in slow motion then criticise them.

Simple fact is the guy got beaten with a shot  that came off the bar, no goal scored, no harm done.  It happens to goalies every fucking Saturday, yet you want to pillory our keeper because he got beaten by a distance shot?  Hang the fucker! 

And before you start, don’t bring Foderingham into the equation, he is never and will never will be, good enough to be a Rangers goalkeeper and I really hope we get him to fuck.

ok so you want to mouth off about the fact the ball went over the GKS head which was my original point before you came late to the party then admit that the ball went over the GKS head.  fuck me man are u that simple???

21 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

for as long as i can remember we have always had great GKs.  from woods to goram, klos etc even waterhaus wasnt the worst then of course mcgregor.  however bell and foderingham over the last 4-6 years have been absolute bombscares and thats putting it politely.  we really need at the very least a competent GK.  in fact not just a gK but a full defence

Fod gives me the absolute fear. His time is up

11 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

ok so you want to mouth off about the fact the ball went over the GKS head which was my original point before you came late to the party then admit that the ball went over the GKS head.  fuck me man are u that simple???

Only simple one here is you, getting your knickers in a fucking twist because a shot went over the goalies head, Jesus fucking wept, I mean that’s never ever happened in football, and is there a time limit on when one can comment?  That’s as bad as your stupid and ridiculous observation.

Get a grip and concentrate on our real issues like Tav is shite and never a defender or a Captain, we need 2 centre half’s, a strong midfielder and a forward coupled by getting rid of the imposter bastards that are nowhere good enough for our club.

1 minute ago, Blueofblood said:

Only simple one here is you, getting your knickers in a fucking twist because a shot went over the goalies head, Jesus fucking wept, I mean that’s never ever happened in football, and is there a time limit on when one can comment?  That’s as bad as your stupid and ridiculous observation.

Get a grip and concentrate on our real issues like Tav is shite and never a defender or a Captain, we need 2 centre half’s, a strong midfielder and a forward coupled by getting rid of the imposter bastards that are nowhere good enough for our club.

Your 2nd paragraph could well have been quoted from my posts as I've said this numerous times on here.  Also gk needs addressed as well imo. Agree wholeheartedly with what u say 

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Stepped in when he was asked, did a decent job and can hold his head high. Didn't get everything right, but got more than numerous of his predecessors.

Goes with my best wishes and thanks.

Nothing against him but fuck me what was that starting lineup all about? 

Jimmy Nicholl was there 'assisting' for the 3-2 defeat and if he can't influence a rookie manager to make changes what value was he actually bringing?

Having said that he managed the game very well today with what he had so fair play to him.  Likeable guy and his love for the club is apparent. 

29 minutes ago, RowX said:

Jimmy Nicholl was there 'assisting' for the 3-2 defeat and if he can't influence a rookie manager to make changes what value was he actually bringing?

Having said that he managed the game very well today with what he had so fair play to him.  Likeable guy and his love for the club is apparent. 

If a rookie manager refuses advice and guidance then probably little. But in that instance, which imo is accurate, JN wasn't the problem.

52 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If a rookie manager refuses advice and guidance then probably little. But in that instance, which imo is accurate, JN wasn't the problem.

Did you see him coming to the technical area offering advice at any point? Murty looked a very lonely figure during most of those games, but yes, I agree if the manager refuses advice not much he could do. 

Jimmy was hurting there, a proud Ulsterman and Bear to boot, definitely holding back, i hope he gets to sit with SG and go over his thoughts etc in the coming weeks, months, i would have Jimmy involved in some capacity at the club, my thoughts of course but i think he would be invaluable to SG's team.....