Jimmy Nicholl

Rupret

6 minutes ago, aussieranger said:

Jimmy was hurting there, a proud Ulsterman and Bear to boot, definitely holding back, i hope he gets to sit with SG and go over his thoughts etc in the coming weeks, months, i would have Jimmy involved in some capacity at the club, my thoughts of course but i think he would be invaluable to SG's team.....

He was certainly holding back in regards to saying what he was thinking about the players.

You can tell what he’s wanting to say when he half starts a sentence, then changes it, he knows the majority of them are not good enough.

1 hour ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

He was certainly holding back in regards to saying what he was thinking about the players.

You can tell what he’s wanting to say when he half starts a sentence, then changes it, he knows the majority of them are not good enough.

He alluded to the players taking the supporters for granted. Wonder who that’s referring to. 

Jimmy Nicholl was the one Manager we had this year who behaved in every instance exact,y as a Rangers Manager should. Clearly in normal circumstances he would never have had the opportunity to Manage Rangers at this point in his career, but he did the job to the best of his ability and in my mind ensured we at least took 3rd place in the League. By the time he actually took on the role,  securing 2nd was effectively out of his control. It’s been one of the worst seasons that I have endured at the Club, but Jimmy stopped it becoming worse. Thanks Mr Nicholl.

11 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

Jimmy Nicholl was the one Manager we had this year who behaved in every instance exact,y as a Rangers Manager should. Clearly in normal circumstances he would never have had the opportunity to Manage Rangers at this point in his career, but he did the job to the best of his ability and in my mind ensured we at least took 3rd place in the League. By the time he actually took on the role,  securing 2nd was effectively out of his control. It’s been one of the worst seasons that I have endured at the Club, but Jimmy stopped it becoming worse. Thanks Mr Nicholl.

While I agree with your overall point, finishing second was in our control when he took over. Two wins in our last two games would have secured second. 

He couldn’t do much but I do like the way he handled himself in a difficult situation. 

Wish him well but don’t agree that he should stick around the club. Gerrard needs his own men around the first team. 

10 hours ago, East London Loyal said:

Crazy team seke

Or his hands are tied because the players aren't mostly good enough? 

He seems like a good dignified Rangers man and like others, he deserves a thank you.

Most?  Pretty much every single one of them is not good enough and tbh not one of them should ever have been anywhere near us