Return of the McKay?

TMB

Would you be happy if Rangers brought back Barrie McKay?  

496 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if Rangers brought back Barrie McKay?

this goes to show that you just have to score a decent goal against them and thats all anyone will remember

McKay could barely cut it in the lower leagues, and then was truly found out as we professed. He had ample time and numerous opportunities to make his mark at Rangers and didnt and then he effectively gave up and shut off when MW left then ran away to him at first chance he got and has been found out again at Nottingham

Its crazy that folk want him back. Hes proven he cant cut it at Rangers

57 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

this goes to show that you just have to score a decent goal against them and thats all anyone will remember

McKay could barely cut it in the lower leagues, and then was truly found out as we professed. He had ample time and numerous opportunities to make his mark at Rangers and didnt and then he effectively gave up and shut off when MW left then ran away to him at first chance he got and has been found out again at Nottingham

Its crazy that folk want him back. Hes proven he cant cut it at Rangers

Completely disagree with this. He's  shown he's capable of a level of performance that's arguably better than anyone can offer in this league. It's puzzling why he can't seem to produce it consistently but if a good manager can fix that puzzle there's a £10 million plus player in that boy.

To say he was found out as we progressed is nonsense.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Why do certain parts of our support have this obssesion with trying to bring former players back to the club.

It's fucking weird and insular. I don't know of any other fanbase that does this.

Either ex players, or players that have played at the top but are past their prime.

I would rather keep Windass than sign McKay

Just now, GT66 said:

Either ex players, or players that have played at the top but are past their prime.

I would rather keep Windass than sign McKay

Tbf windass has contributed a lot more in terms of goals than McKay ever did.

Ideally I'd have neither but I get your point.

we actually debating and having a poll on whether this coward should be resigned/?  fuck me how our standards have fallen.  cunt was shit then, shite now and will forever be shite and most certainly should never be anywhere near us again

His interview when he joined Forrest told us everything. He said something along the lines of 'needing a new challenge' and something about being in his 'comfort zone'.

Good luck to him meeting a new challenge and I hope the bench at Forrest isnt as comfortable.

8 minutes ago, Torquayblue said:

His interview when he joined Forrest told us everything. He said something along the lines of 'needing a new challenge' and something about being in his 'comfort zone'.

Good luck to him meeting a new challenge and I hope the bench at Forrest isnt as comfortable.

Want to play hide the sausage hunni xox 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Actually has 9 in 15 games and six of those came in two games against Dundee and Hamilton. Hardly impressive when you dig deeper rather than looking solely at his final return. 

Actually 13 in 18 appearances or 10 in 15 just in league

Which is prob the best % in our squad

I see what your saying though

15 hours ago, The Beast said:

Why do certain parts of our support have this obssesion with trying to bring former players back to the club.

It's fucking weird and insular. I don't know of any other fanbase that does this.

I think it’s something to do with the fact nobody knows who we could actually afford outwidth players that have been here or the odd player within Scotland that seems decent.

I agree though it is weird and very fucking annoying 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He's not any worse than Murphy but we need better than both of them to have any hope of challenging.

I actually think Murphy would be a lot better if he had players in front of him or even anywhere near him that were capable of receiving a pass

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I actually think Murphy would be a lot better if he had players in front of him or even anywhere near him that were capable of receiving a pass

Possibly but he hasn't showed enough for me to justify some of the prices being mentioned.