Jamie Murphy

Agree about going missing in the big games a bit but at least he’ll take players on and try things and not wasteful like some. More valuable than given credit for. Give me that any day rather than the negative sideways and back passing of Dorrans. 

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Easily the best player at the club.

For some reason became really shit since John's injury but looked good in the centre on Tuesday

Reason his game took a hit is he has Halliday behind him for the most part and Halliday doesn't push up or make overlapping runs so I can forgive him!

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Easily the best player at the club.

For some reason became really shit since John's injury but looked good in the centre on Tuesday

halliday doesnt provide any service to him whatsoever. He just sits back and passes sideways, so Murphy has basically been a passenger. he needs a decent left back pressing up and giving him the ball. he is far more effective with John at left back

I like him and hope we sign him. He was playing well before he got injured. He rushed back to play in the celtic game and then the confidence fell out of every single player in the squad since then. We have far bigger problems than Jamie Murphy that need to be addressed.

Murphy's done okay.  He joined in January and so far he's got 5 assists and 4 goals in the league.  If he had a full season I could see him scoring 10+ and creating a lot of chances.  He's certainly better than anything else we've had on the left-wing for a number of years now.  We don't have any competition for Murphy or Candeias so I can see us bringing in another wide man during the summer regardless.  

I'd take him on loan for another season, word is we've agreed to pay 1 million for him, I'm not sure he's done enough to merit us paying a fee right now, think there's more to come and would like to see him under Gerrard with a proper number 9 up front, let's see how he handles Easter road on Sunday, he's due a big game performance. 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Sick of hearing this about our players tbh, if there's a player there then they want to start showing it more often.

I really thought Murphy would have been a great addition though as other have said he’s went missing in the bigger games.