Jamie Murphy

17 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Is he definitely signing? I really hope he isnt  on gerrards list of players he seems to be another that has the heart of a mouse IMO.

Fuck off you clueless cunt. Excellent player. It is people like you who are the problem. 

Murphy is easily one of our current best players. You have to wonder why some of our 'so called' support are constantly negative. There has been a lot of talk about needing a cull of our playing squad. There should also be a cull of current RM members!

Not sure if its a case of he doesn't go looking for the ball enough or our current players just can't find a pass to get him on the ball but always looks dangerous when in possession going forward...you'd think our tactic would be get it to Jamie asap who will make things happen, instead there's only fleeting glimpses of his talent in games 

Can't believe folk don't rate him, our best player imo. Needs to work on his delivery, but as we improve and once he's done a preseason with us he'll have a better understanding of our players and they'll have a better understanding of him.

Sorry but for the people who are saying he's our best player can you tell me what he's actually done? Scored a couple goals and assists but that's about it and is posted missing for long spells of the game (some I even forget he's playing) not to say he won't improve with better coaching/tactics/better players around him but he needs to vastly improve. I thought he would be taking players on cutting inside, shooting etc but apart from a few good passes in behind he's not created a lot. Scored a good goal against hearts but would like to see more of that and less stopping at the defender and making the side ways/ backwards pass. For the amount of stick windass gets for going missing it's hypocritical for people to be not picking Murphy up for the same. Time will tell but has not lived up to expectations in my opinion.

3 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Sorry but for the people who are saying he's our best player can you tell me what he's actually done? Scored a couple goals and assists but that's about it and is posted missing for long spells of the game (some I even forget he's playing) not to say he won't improve with better coaching/tactics/better players around him but he needs to vastly improve. I thought he would be taking players on cutting inside, shooting etc but apart from a few good passes in behind he's not created a lot. Scored a good goal against hearts but would like to see more of that and less stopping at the defender and making the side ways/ backwards pass. For the amount of stick windass gets for going missing it's hypocritical for people to be not picking Murphy up for the same. Time will tell but has not lived up to expectations in my opinion.

I personally said he was 'one of our best players. I'd be genuinely interested to hear who you think is better? 

37 minutes ago, Wil198 said:

I personally said he was 'one of our best players. I'd be genuinely interested to hear who you think is better? 

It's hard to compare players against each other that play in different positions. If windass for example had been playing that position he would have been absolutely slated on here for lack of desire/fight etc. He probably is one of our best players but it's hardly saying a lot and I'm now thinking about next season and the standards that are needed and Murphy needs to improve to be at the standard needed.

4 hours ago, MrMckee said:

15 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

It's hard to compare players against each other that play in different positions. If windass for example had been playing that position he would have been absolutely slated on here for lack of desire/fight etc. He probably is one of our best players but it's hardly saying a lot and I'm now thinking about next season and the standards that are needed and Murphy needs to improve to be at the standard needed.

17 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Windass did spend a lot of time on the left prior to Murty taking over.  He's lacked fight and desire since the day he signed for Rangers.  When Murphy first came in to the team he wasn't offering much going forward but he was working hard tracking back and helping the defense which was something guys like Barrie and Windass never done.

Our systems to allow the whole front 3 needs changing,  I would play candelas and Murphy to play a further 10'yards forward and 10 yards more in field when in possession, closer to Morelos. 

We rely to much on Morelos winning the first ball and holding it until support comes, but there too far apart to win any second balls or Morelos to feed quicks balls to supporting players.

Our fullbacks are more than capable of bringing the width.  You often see on both sides of the pitch, our  fullbacks and widemen within 2 yards of each other doing slow one twos.  I think then you might see the likes of Murphy being more influential in games

8 hours ago, MrMckee said:

He does that all the time. The only games he can be excused of going missing is the last two games against the Tarriers.