Jimmy Nicholl press conference

soulboy

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Rodgers wiped the floor with us with ten of Deila’s duds (that we beat in the cup semi) plus a couple of new faces. If you’d asked a scum supporter after that game, how many new players they needed, they would have said all of them.

Amazing what a new coach can do with “duds” plus a few new faces.

Not this stupid analogy again 

Delia’s Duds still won stuff and beat Rangers this lot haven’t and never will - I’m amazed people can’t see how failure is ingrained in them and they are like a rot that needs gutted out and started again 

52 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I read the article and he says we only need 3 or 4 new players forgive me if it’s out of context but even so if he said that it’s alarming and possibly explains why we never rise out the shit because the people who are close to the players and see them every day obviously get taken in by their character and good training sessions - it’s the fans that watch this pish once a week and can see who needs shipped out 

infuriating hearing that pish from Jim who is someone I like 

he’s wrong it’s 3 or 4 we should keep not 3 or 4 being all we need 

Just watched it and it didn't sound to me like he was committing to an opinion either way regarding how many players we need.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Not this stupid analogy again 

Delia’s Duds still won stuff and beat Rangers this lot haven’t and never will - I’m amazed people can’t see how failure is ingrained in them and they are like a rot that needs gutted out and started again 

At the point where a win against them would have narrowed the gap to three points, no one was saying they were all duds. There has been no direction or leadership for months and good players will look very ordinary with no organisation or plan.

We need two very good centre backs, a natural leader and a combative striker. Sort that out, play McCrorie and Dorrans in their correct positions and then let’s see where we are.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

At the point where a win against them would have narrowed the gap to three points, no one was saying they were all duds. There has been no direction or leadership for months and good players will look very ordinary with no organisation or plan.

We need two very good centre backs, a natural leader and a combative striker. Sort that out, play McCrorie and Dorrans in their correct positions and then let’s see where we are.

You don’t get it do you?

in fact you defeated your own argument with your first line really 

8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Rodgers wiped the floor with us with ten of Deila’s duds (that we beat in the cup semi) plus a couple of new faces. If you’d asked a scum supporter after that game, how many new players they needed, they would have said all of them.

Amazing what a new coach can do with “duds” plus a few new faces.

Rodgers has been a manager for over ten years the guys a Muppet but he has experience.

56 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Even still he’s wrong - way off the mark 

its frustrating listening to people with influence coming out with this stuff 

we need someone with balls to do what’s needed - I hated Pedro with every bit of dna I’ve got but he’d be axing the lot of them - his problem is he’d replace them with them similar pish 

Tbf mate he's been asked what he thinks Gerrard will do and he's just answered he might do this he might do that.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You don’t get it do you?

in fact you defeated your own argument with your first line really 

How did I?:lol:

My point is that supporters overreact and the “everyone can go” knee jerk is normal but not the basis for good decision making.

I would hope that Gerrard can tell the difference between guys who will never make a worthwhile contribution (eg MOH, Dodoo) and those who have something to offer if coached properly (eg Dorrans, Murphy)

39 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think everyone from Ulster sounds scary. I'm never going.

Do all of the Ulsterites on here have an assaultive voice-accent combo like that?

I find English accents really poofy when they are swearing and trying to act hard.

With our current lot he prob doesn't want to hurt their poor wee feelings before the last game, even saying we need 3 or 4 would inspire any other teams players to bust a gut and go that extra mile but our lot are prob to dumb to realise it or just to shit to even try.

30 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Tbf mate he's been asked what he thinks Gerrard will do and he's just answered he might do this he might do that.

Should have told them to get to fuck then seriously he’s not handled it well 

Fuck me that was hard watching. If I thought I couldn’t wait for the season to finish it looks and sounds like Jimmy and the players are even more eager. We have no chance of winning if Nicoll’s demeanour is anything to go by, not exactly inspiring!

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Even still he’s wrong - way off the mark 

its frustrating listening to people with influence coming out with this stuff 

we need someone with balls to do what’s needed - I hated Pedro with every bit of dna I’ve got but he’d be axing the lot of them - his problem is he’d replace them with them similar pish 

That role is now Gerrard's as it Murty's before him. JN has them in holding pattern until the Gerrad axe falls. He can't be too controversial or demotivational, but just see these last games out.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Nobodies listening to this right he says he may need eight or nine it depends on what he needs.

Fuck sake - we've always been the educated society in Glasgow. 

How come now our (possibly) supporters claim he said summin different.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That role is now Gerrard's as it Murty's before him. JN has them in holding pattern until the Gerrad axe falls. He can't be too controversial or demotivational, but just see these last games out.

A Rangers manager should be honest it’s not controversial to say we need big changes - it’s more controversial saying we need 3 or 4

11 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Fuck me that was hard watching. If I thought I couldn’t wait for the season to finish it looks and sounds like Jimmy and the players are even more eager. We have no chance of winning if Nicoll’s demeanour is anything to go by, not exactly inspiring!

I thought it was straight up & down - ask a straight question and get a straight answer. 

What the fuck are people misreading into his reply.

In the world of life, fuck fenian media and the like, his integrity is intact - said it as it is. Could be 15 or 16 but could be 3 or 4.

@bearsden - need a purge my friends. 

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A Rangers manager should be honest it’s not controversial to say we need big changes - it’s more controversial saying we need 3 or 4

Not his place though is it? He's holding the fort for a couple of games; he's not really our manager. He's required to do the presser but effectively can only say "Well, it's gonna be up to Stevie G to decide..." 

52 minutes ago, JograBear said:

JN is another numpty and SG needs clear out some of the pish that's gets by in the cesspit that is Scottish football. 

I'm pretty sure you never watched him as a passionate right back for Man U or Rangers for that matter. He has been in the game long enough to call a spade a spade and that is what he did in the press conference. I have been in his company many times and he is far from a numpty.

Just now, StaunchLondonGer said:

Not his place though is it? He's holding the fort for a couple of games; he's not really our manager. He's required to do the presser but effectively can only say "Well, it's gonna be up to Stevie G to decide..." 

Not his place to give his honest opinion as Rangers manager? 

Yet it’s his place to also say maybe 3 or 4 .. mon make your minds up RM 

4 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

He did say that - could be 15 or 16 and could be 3 or 4.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not his place to give his honest opinion as Rangers manager? 

Yet it’s his place to also say maybe 3 or 4 .. mon make your minds up RM 

I think that's the point bud. He's said "maybe it'll be 3 or 4" or "maybe it'll be 8 or 9".... reading between the lines I'm taking that to mean "basically who knows what the new manager will make of this shower of shit that's been underperforming all fucking season".