Jimmy Nicholl press conference

soulboy

25 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

I think that's the point bud. He's said "maybe it'll be 3 or 4" or "maybe it'll be 8 or 9".... reading between the lines I'm taking that to mean "basically who knows what the new manager will make of this shower of shit that's been underperforming all fucking season".

Exactly!

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

People are obsessed with the media - whatever happened to honesty? Give the press whatever they want to run with, we look an even bigger joke in the press saying we only need 3 or 4 regardless of context 

I’m not one for hidden meanings, sub context, mind games - I just want to hear the truth someone with balls and honesty - it doesn’t matter if it’s gerrards decision he’s the manager and entitled to his opinion too 

At no point did he say we need 3-4 players, watch the interview

Just now, TheBlueOne said:

At no point did he say we need 3-4 players, watch the interview

I will but as I said even if it was taken out of context the fact he indicated that’s all we may need shows, imo, how out of touch he is ... unless there’s absolutely no reference at all to a minimal amount of players mentioned? If the papers have made that up Rangers need to just ban the press and be done with it 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I will but as I said even if it was taken out of context the fact he indicated that’s all we may need shows, imo, how out of touch he is ... unless there’s absolutely no reference at all to a minimal amount of players mentioned? If the papers have made that up Rangers need to just ban the press and be done with it 

But he never that's my point, hes said Gerrard could get more out the players and he could decide he needs 3-4 players like Souness did.

I know what your saying mate but Jimmy Nicholl didn't put it across the way your annoyed about

1 minute ago, TheBlueOne said:

But he never that's my point

Cool fair enough when I’m back in hotel and I’ve got WiFi I’ll listen to full thing to be fair to myself I did say in my first post not heard it and could be out of context - the replies never gave me indication he never said it tho 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Cool fair enough when I’m back in hotel and I’ve got WiFi I’ll listen to full thing to be fair to myself I did say in my first post not heard it and could be out of context - the replies never gave me indication he never said it tho 

Give it a watch when u can mate, like I said he was referencing the Souness appointment it wasn't the way ur taking it 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I read the article and he says we only need 3 or 4 new players forgive me if it’s out of context but even so if he said that it’s alarming and possibly explains why we never rise out the shit because the people who are close to the players and see them every day obviously get taken in by their character and good training sessions - it’s the fans that watch this pish once a week and can see who needs shipped out 

infuriating hearing that pish from Jim who is someone I like 

he’s wrong it’s 3 or 4 we should keep not 3 or 4 being all we need 

He said 3 or 4 in relation to what Souness brought in during the 80’s to change it. He said if Gerrard believes he needs 8 or 9 then he’ll need 8 or 9 but it’ll take time.

I find it weird that there’s players going on holiday immediately after the Hibs game 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Even still he’s wrong - way off the mark 

its frustrating listening to people with influence coming out with this stuff 

we need someone with balls to do what’s needed - I hated Pedro with every bit of dna I’ve got but he’d be axing the lot of them - his problem is he’d replace them with them similar pish 

He did add it may be 3/4 but the new manager could easily want 8/9.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He said 3 or 4 in relation to what Souness brought in during the 80’s to change it. He said if Gerrard believes he needs 8 or 9 then he’ll need 8 or 9 but it’ll take time.

I find it weird that there’s players going on holiday immediately after the Hibs game 

Yeah but as we discussed the other day it’s still a stupid comparison and he’s still wrong as the core of players Souness got still had beat celtic several times and won cups - these haven’t 

that’s why little he says is right or makes sense 

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye, you wonder just how much they will be up for this game.

Will see Sunday

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Some players have been on holiday for weeks if not months

I think most of what he says can be taken with a pinch of salt, simply because if he steams into players leading up to a big game, any chance they have of winning it will be washed away. 

We all know the squad has a number of half arsed lazy wankers, but you can't say that openly. 

Any chance of him staying on in any capacity once Gerrard arrives?

Not bothered to watch press conference for ages,  but willing to listen to JN in this time of turmoil.  Refreshing plain talking from someone with vast experience and someone who knows what is expected.

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I'm pretty sure you never watched him as a passionate right back for Man U or Rangers for that matter. He has been in the game long enough to call a spade a spade and that is what he did in the press conference. I have been in his company many times and he is far from a numpty.

His playing career gives no indication of his management skills. 

How many months was he assistant while not knowing  mcrorie could play dm? 

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I read the article and he says we only need 3 or 4 new players forgive me if it’s out of context but even so if he said that it’s alarming and possibly explains why we never rise out the shit because the people who are close to the players and see them every day obviously get taken in by their character and good training sessions - it’s the fans that watch this pish once a week and can see who needs shipped out 

Yup.

Who really gives a fuck?

The squad should be so much different next time we have a game that matters.

Going through the motions, at best.

I guess he has to retain a bit of goodwill among the guys he needs to turn out on Sunday.

8 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Rodgers wiped the floor with us with ten of Deila’s duds (that we beat in the cup semi) plus a couple of new faces. If you’d asked a scum supporter after that game, how many new players they needed, they would have said all of them.

Amazing what a new coach can do with “duds” plus a few new faces.

Difference being Delia’s “duds” were a squad full of winners with league and cup medals in their collection. Our lot are just plain shite. 

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I see where you're coming from . I'd keep 6 , but the reality is that won't happen . 

Back in the early 80's being on a Supporters bus we went thinking it was more a day of bigotry as opposed to thinking we'd win the league , if truth be told . The sheep and dundee utd had come to prominence , Hearts were 90 minutes from winning the league. So we were up against it . 

But along came  Souness . Yes , he signed the England captain and back up goalkeeper , but his strength is that he gave the current players the belief that they could be winners . Guys that had struggled to qualify for Europe in 4th place . They suddenly had a belief they could be winners , and they were.  The tarriers claimed we bought the league - we didn't , it was all about making current players a confidence to be winners . 

To cut a long story short , we are going to have to rely on SG getting the best out our current crop , and hopefully , with 2 or 3 key signings ,  put the belief in our dressing room that we can be winners.

I think , that is key .