Jimmy Nicholl press conference

soulboy

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Cool fair enough when I’m back in hotel and I’ve got WiFi I’ll listen to full thing to be fair to myself I did say in my first post not heard it and could be out of context - the replies never gave me indication he never said it tho 

You are jumping the gun, he mentioned that he would need 8 or 9 more actually, certainly more than saying 3/4 or whatever it was.

Who cares what he thinks anyway as he wont be here next season.

Not doubting hes a Rangers man but its a car crash that we got to him, brung in as Murtys assistant and contributed fuckall. Didnt even know Ross McCrorie could play midfield - that one is still bemusing. 

In his defence though i agree that he is just trying to keep things ticking over and probably as mentioned in the thread knows deep down the team are pish but he cant exactly say it can he. Maybe in private but not at a press conference.

37 minutes ago, dee9 said:

I could listen to jimmy all day tbh. Proper Rangers man.

He’s more a proper Man Utd man having played nearly three times as many games for them. 

Or even a proper Raith Rovers man having played twice as many games for them. 

55 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s more a proper Man Utd man having played nearly three times as many games for them. 

Or even a proper Raith Rovers man having played twice as many games for them. 

Ive been to a speakers night with jimmy and trust me when i say he is a proper Rangers man mate.

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

And he’s still wrong (for the 3rd time) 

You’re not listening. He was asked if SG has the time to stop 10IAR. JN then just said it depends how many he brings in. If he brings in 8 or 9 it will take longer, if he brings in 4 or 5 it won’t take as long. He pretty much covered all possibilities Gerrard could do. He didn’t give his own opinion at all on how many are required. 

I got the feeling from that, that Jimmy knows there is going to be a cull but was keeping a lid on it  as he read the leading question right.  The next question wold have been who should go if he had been more detailed as this would have been all over the press to keep us looking like a circus. He gave a few scenarios when asked to basically read SG's mind and what he would do. When asked to compare to the Souness situation he rightly said Souness only brought in 3 to 4 players initially but SG may bring in 8 or 9 and if he did he would need time.

I though it was a good session from Jimmy, he avoided condemning players that he may need to play on Sunday, has not given the press a rod to beat the club, the players or him self with and has not fell in to the trap of saying Gerrard should do this or that.