Passing

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

We're too slow . Seem to take an eternity to receive it , control it , look up and find a pass . 

The speed we play at is absolutely dreadful. Again going back to my Dads opinion, any time we play the taigs he sits asking why we are so bad against them when they’re fucking awful at football too :lol:

It all goes back to what @K.A.I keeps saying recently about having a losers mentality I think. 

we pass great...backwards

dont know how many times over the past couple seasons ive been screaming to pass the fucking ball in front of a man, we have no forward movement and end up having to run back to catch a pass

Tevernier just passes to the first blue jersey he sees, theres no thot process just get the ball away from me to another blue jersey even if hes marked and someone across the wing is wide open

and we are just useless on the wings, the taigs have 2 on the pitch and 2 on the bench and this season weve had 0 in our squad for the first half of the season and one for the second half. Feels like 10 years since we've had a capable winger

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Funnily enough I was looking at the stats on this morning. We have the second highest pass completion % in the league but 6th higher dribble completion % which says to me that the players aren’t brave enough to try a more difficult pass and play the easy backward or sideway pass 

Aye because we play loads of those annoying wee triangle passes at the touch line that go fucking nowhere 

Passing yes, but more decision-making on the ball ; no player is exempt. The amount of times I've thrown the bottle at the screen when one of our players are on the ball and completely go against football logic and fuck up. Its disgraceful. 

It's more about making the play. Having vision. Two moves ahead, not one. Knowing and reading your team mates. Always having a player off you to receive a ball when under pressure. Ability and mentaility needed n spades.

All relative of course and in this backwater, you wouldn't think it would be that hard, but the quality and mentality of player needed, we have lacked for so long.

It's so infuriating. Our passing generally over the years has been shocking. We seem to struggle with the very basics. And then randomly the move in first ten minutes away to the sheep where Dorrans played a great disguised reverse to Morelos after quick incisive work in the build up was fantastic. 

Some of Goss', Tavs, Bates', Morelos', Holt's passing was awful! Everyone has been guilty of it. You understand certain passes not coming off but some of our attempted passes defy logic. You don't even know what they were thinking and our inability to pass 5 yards tears your hair out!

22 minutes ago, gmcf said:

We're too slow . Seem to take an eternity to receive it , control it , look up and find a pass . 

I used to moan like hell at Jig for that - it’s as though every player in the team was ‘on’ for a pass & he had to assess all the options before hitting as long a ball as he could!

No thought about the two or three guys who should always be around the man with the ball, allowing unpressured links.

Same now being repeated by the current crop - there’s nothing instinctive, other than possibly Tav & Candeias, once in a while.

To me it’s a lack of movement up top and also players not wanting to take responsibility on the ball

Guys like Holt will see someone steaming in towards them and either play it back the way or clear it and we lose possession. 

We need good quality footballers who aren’t afraid of taking a man on, or holding on to the ball in the face of opposition pressure because they’re good enough to work a half yard and play the right pass instead of always playing the easy one. That’s what separates the good teams from the Dundee’s of this world

21 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The speed we play at is absolutely dreadful. Again going back to my Dads opinion, any time we play the taigs he sits asking why we are so bad against them when they’re fucking awful at football too :lol:

It all goes back to what @K.A.I keeps saying recently about having a losers mentality I think. 

It’s true - celtic are pish and they are inside our heads. Failure against them is now ingrained in our players heads - they’ve had too many chances against them and can’t come close to beating them 

it will take more than 6 million from a share issue and 3 or 4 players do to it try flipping it and keep 3 or 4 and add 14-20 million onto the 6 million and sure we can do it 

I’m amazed anyone thinks any differently it’s astonishing 

this team is like an old house where damp and woodworm has set in and went untreated for years meaning we have to clear it to a shell and start over 

Its basic shit we get wrong and thats whats so annoying 

Im furious at myself if I play one pass behind a team mate playing amateur or 5 a side yet these pros are doing it near enough all the time 

Play the pass in front of the man so he can run onto it, basics.