Jump to content

David Bates


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, dande101 said:

Wonder if he is now regretting joining Hamburg after they were relegated yesterday.

Probably still on a par the the Scottish premiership anyway.

In the end money matters and they were willing to pay him far more than what I would want us to be paying for a player who most likely would've been a backup next season. He moves on and so do we, no regrets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, shaka said:

In the end money matters and they were willing to pay him far more than what I would want us to be paying for a player who most likely would've been a backup next season. He moves on and so do we, no regrets.

At the moment he’s probably the first name on the team sheet, if we’re honest. Letting him go was an awful decision.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

At the moment he’s probably the first name on the team sheet, if we’re honest. Letting him go was an awful decision.

But if we want to improve next season would you be happy if he was first choice?  I want 2 better quality CBs than him in the team so we can really challenge for the title.

DavieMacRFC likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shaka said:

But if we want to improve next season would you be happy if he was first choice?  I want 2 better quality CBs than him in the team so we can really challenge for the title.

Ideally yes, but inevitably our back ups will still have a big part to play. I’d rather keep our better players for back up than our worst ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, shaka said:

But if we want to improve next season would you be happy if he was first choice?  I want 2 better quality CBs than him in the team so we can really challenge for the title.

This all day long.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Ideally yes, but inevitably our back ups will still have a big part to play. I’d rather keep our better players for back up than our worst ones.

I just think he was wanting (and to his credit getting at Hamburg) a far bigger wage than what I would be comfortable paying a backup player.  We need improvements around the pitch and can't afford to be paying backup players that kind of money.  Save the money for first choice players and find cheaper alternatives as backup.  There's so many talented players available for free or potential loans for next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...