Rossiter

Lloyd

We’d be mental to get rid of him after spending the best part of two years rehabbing him. He’s a very talented player, could be fantastic for us. Let’s give him a pre-season and see if he can stay fit. If not then it’s probaby time to offer him a mutual termination. 

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Don’t be pessimistic 

I will be very pessimistic if during the Window we offer deals to Rossiter, Cummings, Martin, Alves, etc and don’t make in roads in the transfer market.

Its hard to be optimistic when our playing squad is mediocre (giving them a compliment), the board largely inept and a DoF who has made one decent signing out of many.

I will be optimistic when some decent talented and more importantly mentally fit players sign. 

2 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

We’d be mental to get rid of him after spending the best part of two years rehabbing him. He’s a very talented player, could be fantastic for us. Let’s give him a pre-season and see if he can stay fit. If not then it’s probaby time to offer him a mutual termination. 

That I agree with. A new deal is silly talk. Let’s see if we can get a half a season from him and if so then offer him a deal.

people suggesting he gets a deal on the back of an hour against hibs need a shake

Just now, Hutton2008 said:

We have had a horror few years and can’t afford to fritter on players that don’t make it on to the park.

I get the point of his talent and if he can overcome his injuries. But it’s a big if Andy I personally would not gamble.

You have got that totally correct, Hutton and if Rossiter can't get 100% fit then he's not worth keeping, but I'm sure Gerrard and his medical team will be on the ball.

I still remember we signed Daniel Prodan for £2.2 million and in 3 seasons never kicked a ball for us, and also Andy Webster who ended up costing us an absolute fortune yet ha played 2 fucking games for us in four years, then he became a free agent and miraculously became fit and played over 200 games when he left Ibrox.

9 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

That I agree with. A new deal is silly talk. Let’s see if we can get a half a season from him and if so then offer him a deal.

people suggesting he gets a deal on the back of an hour against hibs need a shake

Why the fuck would we offer him a new deal?  He's contracted to May 2020, so if he proves his fitness next season then perhaps look at his contract and not before.

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I have never lost faith in young Rossiter's ability to be a great player if he can stay fit. many posters on here forget (or don't know) that Steven Gerrard had more injury problems as a youngster than you could poke a stick at, but he had the courage to battle on; I think Rossiter will do everything he can to get fit and repay Rangers for their loyalty to him.

The Kid's had a horror few years, so he deserves some luck.

He certainly deserves some luck on the injury front. He has an enthusiasm for the game that's infectious......he seems to be permenantly buzzin.

Plays the game with a smile on his face and with a totally commited attitude.

Really hope his troubles are behind him now.

Regarding Gerrard if memory serves he was out injured regularly when he was about Rossiter's age and he managed to overcome it and have an incredible footballing career.

Not comparing him with Gerrard at all in terms of footballing ability, just pointing out that he's not the first young player to pick up lots of injuries early in his career.

15 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Here's hoping. He deserves some luck in staying injury free.

If he can put his injuries behind him he can go right to the top. Not doubting that in the slightest.

He deserves time to prove himself. The people saying bin him or offer him a new deal need to calm down.

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

If he can put his injuries behind him he can go right to the top. Not doubting that in the slightest.

He deserves time to prove himself. The people saying bin him or offer him a new deal need to calm down.

He does deserve to have a run in the team as we have only seen him in what, about 9 or 10 games? It would be unfair to say he's pish when he hasn't played 3 games in a row........yet :mutley:

It would be mental to pay his wages for 2 years then punt him as soon as he seems to be getting fitter.

Are people actually suggestimg we extend his contract? FFS.

No need to extend it anyway as he has 2 years left I think. If he stays healthy and in the team next season then we could offer him new terms at some point.

He may or may not turn out to be an outstanding player for us but he at least deserves the chance to show us what he can do when fit.

On reflection and overall he played better than I expected him to for someone being out for so long but only after we settled down at 3-0 and got our act together,

But he was still part of a midfield that was severly over-run and looked lost for almost half an hour.

5-5 and this great advert for Scottish football line conceals some major problems in that team especially in midfield and at the back. 

We need an upgrade on them all - Holt, Goss, Docherty, Rossiter. Sunday changes nothing for me.

Felt bad for Rossiter though after criticising him so much, he comes in and (along with the whole team) has a shocking 25-minutes or so, get's it stinking (and rightly so) but shows character after that, doing alright and then fucking assaulted and has to go off - which is the normal now for us in Scotland - players can assault our players with ease, literally injure them and they usually get a booking at best.

I think McCrorie was a massive miss on Sunday. Him in there was don't concede 5-goals.

Was happy with McCallister's comments from Dubai in the aftermath - they have both watched that game and have serious food for thought and know now what needs done (if they never before)

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

On reflection and overall he played better than I expected him to for someone being out for so long but only after we settled down at 3-0 and got our act together,

But he was still part of a midfield that was severly over-run and looked lost for almost half an hour.

5-5 and this great advert for Scottish football line conceals some major problems in that team especially in midfield and at the back. 

We need an upgrade on them all - Holt, Goss, Docherty, Rossiter. Sunday changes nothing for me.

Felt bad for Rossiter though after criticising him so much, he comes in and (along with the whole team) has a shocking 25-minutes or so, get's it stinking (and rightly so) but shows character after that, doing alright and then fucking assaulted and has to go off - which is the normal now for us in Scotland - players can assault our players with ease, literally injure them and they usually get a booking at best.

I think McCrorie was a massive miss on Sunday. Him in there was don't concede 5-goals.

Was happy with McCallister's comments from Dubai in the aftermath - they have both watched that game and have serious food for thought and know now what needs done (if they never before)

31 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

fair do's Kai in giving Rossiter some credit after the negativity towards him. Personally I see a player there and he needs to be given a run of games to finally judge

Just now, bluenoz said:

I still need to be convinced mate but after we went 3-0 down he settled and played well considering how long he'd been out for. Right fucking strange game brought out the best and worst in a few of us in one go.