New back 4 required

G.E.C.

We’ve conceded 50 goals this season - 2 games in which we’ve conceded 5. 

I’m not saying Wilson and Bates would have been the answer but to lose them both and to constantly play Russell Martin is baffling. Never looked solid ever since Walter left.

Right back, left back and two central defenders required. Mccrorie should be put into midfield. Rumours of Carragher coming as a defensive coach is good but he is no miracle worker, all the current Rangers defenders are needing punted. They are the number 1 reason why this is yet another season best forgotten. 

If we could get two quality centre backs and a good CDM our full backs should have more freedom to attack. Tav is good going forward, John too, more as wing backs.

If we're not expecting our full backs to contribute much in an attacking sense then yeah we need 4 new defenders if not more.

8 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I’m not saying Wilson and Bates would have been the answer but to lose them both and to constantly play Russell Martin is baffling. Never looked solid ever since Walter left.

Defending doesn't begin and end with the back four.  If we had one, or even two, capable CDMs in midfield protecting the defense it would help out immensely.  Just look at the job Brown does for celtic we need that type of player in our midfield breaking up opposition play and putting himself about.  Our midfield three has been powder puff for two years now and the main reason we've been overrun by opposition teams.  If we win the midfield battles we'll spend more time on the front foot and that's what needs to happen next year.  Certainly two new CBs should be brought in but we need an entirely new midfield 3 as they've been our Achilles heel for 2 years now.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If we could get two quality centre backs and a good CDM our full backs should have more freedom to attack. Tav is good going forward, John too, more as wing backs.

If we're not expecting our full backs to contribute much in an attacking sense then yeah we need 4 new defenders if not more.

Even attacking full backs need to prevent crosses getting into our box and not getting done regularly.

Tav is a POOR right back

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

Even attacking full backs need to prevent crosses getting into our box and not getting done regularly.

Tav is a POOR right back

What I'm saying though is we shouldn't be expecting the goals, assists and offensive play contribution going forward and a solid defender. I'm not saying he's a great defender.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Defending doesn't begin and end with the back four.  If we had one, or even two, capable CDMs in midfield protecting the defense it would help out immensely.  Just look at the job Brown does for celtic we need that type of player in our midfield breaking up opposition play and putting himself about.  Our midfield three has been powder puff for two years now and the main reason we've been overrun by opposition teams.  If we win the midfield battles we'll spend more time on the front foot and that's what needs to happen next year.  Certainly two new CBs should be brought in but we need an entirely new midfield 3 as they've been our Achilles heel for 2 years now.

In short we don't play as a team.

It's easy to pick out the center backs and blame them but the whole team has to defend. All to often our back line are pulled out of position due to a lack of trust of the outfield players to track runners, or put in tackles before the opposition can do real damage.I do agree some individual performanceces have been piss poor. The only time we have looked half decent has been when Mccrorie has played in the defensive midfield role. 

46 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

61 in all competitions I think i read.