New back 4 required

G.E.C.

8 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

It's easy to pick out the center backs and blame them but the whole team has to defend. All to often our back line are pulled out of position due to a lack of trust of the outfield players to track runners, or put in tackles before the opposition can do real damage.I do agree some individual performanceces have been piss poor. The only time we have looked half decent has been when Mccrorie has played in the defensive midfield role. 

We had centre backs today as part of a defensive 4 get pulled onto the touch line.

Better players wouldn't cost us the shape or the goals we've seen conceded this season from all our defensive players.

Agreed but it's not just the back 4 who are to blame for the amount of goals we have conceded. We lose a lot of goals due to players running off our central midfielders. It took Goss about 3 seconds to decide to mark Allen today but by the time he got to him it was too late and he had scored. Definitely not the first time this season.

3 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Right back, left back and two central defenders required. Mccrorie should be put into midfield. Rumours of Carragher coming as a defensive coach is good but he is no miracle worker, all the current Rangers defenders are needing punted. They are the number 1 reason why this is yet another season best forgotten. 

Wit?

3 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

We’ve conceded 50 goals this season - 2 games in which we’ve conceded 5. 

I’m not saying Wilson and Bates would have been the answer but to lose them both and to constantly play Russell Martin is baffling. Never looked solid ever since Walter left.

Losing 4 and 5 goals in a game isn't only a reflection on he defenders, but on the team as a whole. As they say, you defend from the front. We are overrowded with heartless, spineless mediocrity.

Yes, the backline needs replaced, but I do have some hope for John, but that midfield is also as weak as piss. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Losing 4 and 5 goals in a game isn't only a reflection on he defenders, but on the team as a whole. As they say, you defend from the front. We are overrowded with heartless, spineless mediocrity.

Yes, the backline needs replaced, but I do have some hope for John, but that midfield is also as weak as piss. 

What does Stevie think?

4 hours ago, TMB said:

Defending doesn't begin and end with the back four.  If we had one, or even two, capable CDMs in midfield protecting the defense it would help out immensely.  Just look at the job Brown does for celtic we need that type of player in our midfield breaking up opposition play and putting himself about.  Our midfield three has been powder puff for two years now and the main reason we've been overrun by opposition teams.  If we win the midfield battles we'll spend more time on the front foot and that's what needs to happen next year.  Certainly two new CBs should be brought in but we need an entirely new midfield 3 as they've been our Achilles heel for 2 5 years now.

corrected the only bit I disagreed with

We should never have got rid of Danny Wilson.  Who I would love to see at Ibrox is Ryan shawcross... I'm not sure if we could afford him but he's exactly what you want in a Rangers defender. I also think Jonny Evans might be worth enquiring about.

I was talking to someone earlier about this but I think we need to strengthen the midfield.  Most top-class teams have a good midfield and we need a midfield which is better than anything other teams in Scotland, including celtic, have.  We could maybe look at loans and try to get someone in who we couldn't, ordinarily, afford.

12 minutes ago, Lawrence8722 said:

We should never have got rid of Danny Wilson.  Who I would love to see at Ibrox is Ryan shawcross... I'm not sure if we could afford him but he's exactly what you want in a Rangers defender. I also think Jonny Evans might be worth enquiring about.

I was talking to someone earlier about this but I think we need to strengthen the midfield.  Most top-class teams have a good midfield and we need a midfield which is better than anything other teams in Scotland, including celtic, have.  We could maybe look at loans and try to get someone in who we couldn't, ordinarily, afford.

Strengthen the midfield eh?

That could work mate, interesting concept.

100% agree but if the Tarriers are the standard to beat then we need new players in midfield and up front too because we only scored twice in 5 games against them. Plus how many sitters did Morelos miss? 

I think adding a few defenders alone will help us take over second spot for sure but not enough to challenge for the title.

7 hours ago, Lawrence8722 said:

Is that the same Johnny Evans Man City bid 50m for in January?