10 years ago today

jackrfc95

Great day, minibus took us down at 6am, no sleep the night before from excitement and met some great bears and zenit fans. Amazing piss up and the only bad thing for me was the police after the game. No stopping allowed for service station toilets, putting on their riot gear immediately after the game. The cunts wanted it to kick off. 

I met Davy Wilson recently and was dying to ask him about the Nuremberg final but just couldn't bring myself to do it ... but it's worth remembering that 5 years after that disappointment we beat an even better Bayern team (probably the best club team ever to come out of Germany in fact) and it just shows that if you can start getting things right your chance will always come again :Fod:

Drove down with a mate and plotted up just outside Rochdale and got the bus in from there.

Brilliant day and i can say hand on heart i saw no trouble whatsoever(apart from an offies being emptied)

We watched the game in Albert Sq and got picked up after the game.

We only heard about the trouble the next day when our host woke us up.

Ťhink he was a man ure fan  and was glad to see the back of us tbh...cunt looked like a fat Rick Parraffit 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Brilliant post that mate, well done

TBH mate i tried uploading the picture itself and failed miserably put the link in and saved it went back onto twitter and seen the actual post come here and deleted it.

Thought nobody seen, ohwell!

On 14/05/2018 at 17:42, BlueThunder said:

I was fortunate enough to have tickets. Was a brilliant run up to the final, and an amazing day spoiled by the result and the aftermath.

Still can’t bring myself to watch the match again, even after 10 years.  :lol:

Never watched it too this day and don't intend to. Ive never watched any Cup Finals or semi finals we have lost or games against the scum we have lost

It's just shows where we really are now. I grew up with the late 80s and all of the 90s -  9iar, Champions league semi final v Marseille, treble in 93, treble in 99 and winning it at saville row etc etc. I thought this team of 2008 was pretty pish compared to the teams I grew up watching. So you will understand that I don't really have words to describe the current shower.

I was going to post last night, but waited to see if we were old farts and not many remembered.

We couldn't get a drink in the square and went down past marks and spencer (which was cleared out of bevvy btw) to pubs further down, but only managed 4/5 pints before jumping on s bus to the stadium. Ok, we were outplayed by Dick's Soldiers and when we got back to Piccadilly Square it looked like the Falls Rd after an easter uprising celebration.

Walking back  to our hotel beside the bus station at the Trafford Centre, no taxis would stop for us and one did . Turns out he was an Asian guy from the south side and the sod still took the long road back. By the time we got back the fookin bar was closed - bastards.