Scott Arfield signs

Lloyd

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Does position does Arfield play?  From YouTube vids it looks like he plays over on the left wing acting like an inside forward.  

He played as a kind of CM playing wide in a 442 from what I seen. Kinda similar to how Walter used Steven Davis.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Does position does Arfield play?  From YouTube vids it looks like he plays over on the left wing acting like an inside forward.  

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Wit position does he play 

Can play anywhere across midfield but prefers LM I think. NOT a LW. More like how Davis was when Walter stuck him at RM 

5 hours ago, Goianegra said:

Anyone that moans about Gerrard not bringing in his own players, I can guarantee Arfield will be the best midfielder at the club. 

How can you say that? I said the same about Niko. And do you know what? As limited as he proved to be, no-one else was much better unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Look at the last player we signed off Burnley. No one can say he wasn't a MUCH better player than Arfield. Look how that turned out. 

Can't believe folk are happy with this type of signing. No wonder folk dont expect us to do well in Europe. All the while the scum across the city are getting linked with £15m players. 

I concur sadly. He has very good work rate and tenacity but he ain’t all that. He’s not a great footballer, and I have watched plenty of him. 

He MAY improve on jack, holt and halliday but I say it now - not hugely.

My other concern is I have been told - granted third hand and supposedly originally from a credible source that he is on £38k per week. 

Does anyone on the forum have credible info on his wages? £38k per week is miles from money well spent if true.

7 hours ago, TMB said:

Murphy is joint second in the league for assists.  It's a solid stat for a guy who joined in January.  

1.PNG

Murphy is the only player I give pass marks to in the previous two windows. Consistent.

Morelos had a good 3 months tops. The rest even less than that.

2 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

My other concern is I have been told - granted third hand and supposedly originally from a credible source that he is on £38k per week. 

Does anyone on the forum have credible info on his wages? £38k per week is miles from money well spent if true.

No credible info but credible info surely isn't needed to know he's not on nearly 40 grand a week!

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

No credible info but credible info surely isn't needed to know he's not on nearly 40 grand a week!

You’d think so but fuck knows these days. Crazy decisions coupled with seemingly good decisions... not beyond the realsm of possibility. 

Although I didn’t hear any rumour of Burnley fighting to keep him or other clubs making concrete offers (outside this forum)  you’d think it would take those kind of numbers to beat off competition. Allegedly West Ham were in for him - I say allegedly as it was on here I was told. Beating a solid EPL side with a big budget to him brings the supposed rumour into the realms of possibility.

I know there are a few commentators on here that are in the know hence the question.

8 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

I concur sadly. He has very good work rate and tenacity but he ain’t all that. He’s not a great footballer, and I have watched plenty of him. 

He MAY improve on jack, holt and halliday but I say it now - not hugely.

Absolute pish. No way in hell would we or could we pay anyone anything like that. Anyone believing that must be simple. 

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

Absolute pish. No way in hell would we or could we pay anyone anything like that. Anyone believing that must be simple. 

Not saying I believe it. Saying I don’t know what to believe anymore ?