Planned Incompetence

Virtuoso

39 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If the refs truly are just incompetent, how the hell have we not benefitted from this incompetence more, this season has seen an unbelievable amount of game changing decisions go against us while i struggle to think of a single decision that we got that was wrong, which changed a game in our favour

From the opening league game to the final league game refs have made wrong decisions that could or have been game changers 

When does it stop being incompetence and start being something else, do we need another season like this official wise

Look at ryan jacks red card at Pittodrie, look at scott allen's tackle at the weekend

Remember when we got a throw in on the halfway line that shouldnt have been ours.

See... thats it balanced out.

55 minutes ago, 110 steps said:

I think most would agree that if that tackle had been Halliday on Allan, the red would have been out before Allan hit the ground.

Honest mistakes 

Honestly .If bears got 6 men sent off in 1 game .There would still be guys saying the refs are shite all over the Country 

Lots of bears have "I'm not acting like a taig " as their default setting 

35 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Only one I can remember was Pena not getting sent off when he could have been. Morelos has also had a few petulant kicks etc that could have been reds if you are really looking.

Defo had far more go against us than in our favour though. I genuinely do believe that refs are more scared to give us an advantage due to the shit storm that will be drummed up by both the press and social media backlash.

Bates hand ball for stone wall penalty when he came on as sub, against Hibs as well?

We've had a few go our way as well, incompetence abounds, but yea I think the refs are more scared to give us them as they have virtually every other cunt in Scotland potentially on their case.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

The media have a lot to do with it. It didn't surprise me one bit that the sport scene highlights forgot to mention the blatant hand ball. I'll guarantee you, if that was against the scum that referee would be hounded by the media.

You and I know it would have been this way 

There is years of evidence backing that up ,especially the last 6 and definitely since the refs strike 

Dallas ,McDonald were all taken out

45 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If the refs truly are just incompetent, how the hell have we not benefitted from this incompetence more, this season has seen an unbelievable amount of game changing decisions go against us while i struggle to think of a single decision that we got that was wrong, which changed a game in our favour

From the opening league game to the final league game refs have made wrong decisions that could or have been game changers 

When does it stop being incompetence and start being something else, do we need another season like this official wise

Look at ryan jacks red card at Pittodrie, look at scott allen's tackle at the weekend

Spot on.

The club should be demanding a lot more of the blatant wrong decisions by the refs, yesterday's challenge on Rossiter being a perfect example 100% stick-on red card but is given a yellow so no further or retrospective punishment can be given by either the spfl or sfa. As per usual zero comments made from the club so nothing will change

49 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Still don’t think they outright cheat us (although it’s getting harder to believe this) but they definitely treat our players differently to the rest. 

So you want to call that cheating or subconscious bias then carry on. 

I’ve said for some time now that it is a subconscious bias. Brought on by the extraordinary media campaign raged against us since 2012. They are incompetent but this does not excuse some of the blatant decisions against us or not for us. It’s not rocket science to determine a few of yesterday’s decisions or lack of decisions.

No chance are the refs biased, anyone claiming that is........well daft.

For years we have seen bad decisions and in the years ahead we will see many more. Some go for you and some go against you......that's fitbaw.

18 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You and I know it would have been this way 

There is years of evidence backing that up ,especially the last 6 and definitely since the refs strike 

Dallas ,McDonald were all taken out

I do believe that when King considered Gerrard as a manager he took consideration to the obvious bias by the Scottish media against our club. If these referees are being used as puppets by the fenians media then let's see how they cope when an audience 10 fold on Sky sports are ridiculing their ability to see let alone referee.

The standard of referees in Scotland is terrible. 

I don't belive in conspiracy theories but there has been some terrible decisions against us this season.

The game that stands out for me was 1st game at ibrox vs hibs. We got hammered that day while hibs players like stokes committed assault with any punishments. 

As a club we need to be more vocal and challange these in press conference and interviews. We need to ensure there is focus on it and it's not quickly swept under the rug.

With Stevie G coming in, it's going to be interesting to see how refs react knowing a bigger audience is watching and that the English press will be reporting. 

31 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

The level of incompetence goes beyond simple incompetence though. I don't buy into the general conspiracy theories against us, but there's definitely more that seems to go unpunished when it's us; i.e  Rossiter would have definitely seen red for that challenge yesterday and therein lies the problem - the lack of consistency.

I work with Danes and they hold refs to account for their performance. If for example that challenge happened in the Superliga the official supporters group of the team feeling unfairly done by write to the ref and ask for an explanation as to his decision. If the answer isn't adequate, they have a meeting, review the footage together and ask for further explanation. There's times the ref holds his hands up and admits he got it wrong and they move on. There's a similar system in Norway but it usually comes from the club seeking an explanation.

Over here they're unaccountable.

(unless of course you've previously thrown your toys out the pram and caused them to strike, which in turn makes them fear you later on :sarcasm: )

Thats actually a very sensible and open way of holding the referees to account. Would also clear up any accusations of bias that people have. Unfortunately, we seem to have a child like mentality over here and a "put up or shut up" mantra, and the sfa will turn their noses up at that. They won't even let referees be interviewed. 

accountability can only be good. There's a big part of me though that does believe there's something more than incompetence with our refs. 

11 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

There's a psychology element to this as well though. 

Dallas knows that if he sends Allan off, in that environment that Lennon will slaughter him at the time & probably after the game - regardless of the decision being right. At the same time, he knows that Jimmy Nicholl wont do a thing about it, nor will Rangers as a club. 

Until the club get a grip & start highlighting this stuff in press conferences (and the manager/players are sufficiently briefed on the decision, why it was wrong etc) it's not going to change. 

Exactly. There is consequence to being seen to favour us and none whatsoever otherwise. No one can honestly believe that doesn’t influence decision making. 

You call it wrong in our favour you come under serious scrutiny and not in the short term. 

19 minutes ago, bluechip said:

Had it been the other way round, the poops would have sent a recording to the SFA and then pushed the referees to strike again. 

Absolutely. Lennon couldn't even hold back from being the victim in the post match interview, saying big bad Rangers fans were giving him sectarian abuse. Imagine if they were on the receiving end of some of those decisions?!

18 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

There's a psychology element to this as well though. 

Dallas knows that if he sends Allan off, in that environment that Lennon will slaughter him at the time & probably after the game - regardless of the decision being right. At the same time, he knows that Jimmy Nicholl wont do a thing about it, nor will Rangers as a club. 

Until the club get a grip & start highlighting this stuff in press conferences (and the manager/players are sufficiently briefed on the decision, why it was wrong etc) it's not going to change. 

You've pretty much summed it up there.