Club statement on Sfa nonsense.

Smile

1 minute ago, moody blue 1972 said:

think was part of 5 way agreement and think club statement was a veiled threat alluding to this re provisions bit

5 way agreement, im lost again just as i thought i was understanding a bit :lol: 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

They would need to be sanctioned by the SFA. Do you see them giving it the go-ahead?

SO do we just lay down and accept it or do we challenge them, push them and actually show some balls for a change? Both as fans and as a Club we need to start being arrogant fuckers, sticking up for ourselves, speak out, challenge everything and if we get fined a few times then so be it but its time we were fucking loud and proud!

3 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

What was the alternative? An application to join as a totally new club? or could we still have done an application of some sort and be the same club, without accepting the potential disciplinary actions ?

Im a bit of a simpleton 

Apply to join as a new club, find another league willing to accept us - and hope FIFA grant dispensation to play outwith our national association’s borders or take it to Court of Arbitration for Sport

2 minutes ago, trains said:

SO do we just lay down and accept it or do we challenge them, push them and actually show some balls for a change? Both as fans and as a Club we need to start being arrogant fuckers, sticking up for ourselves, speak out, challenge everything and if we get fined a few times then so be it but its time we were fucking loud and proud!

Dignified Silence.

it is after all our way......

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Apply to join as a new club, find another league willing to accept us - and hope FIFA grant dispensation to play outwith our national association’s borders or take it to Court of Arbitration for Sport

Guess if thats all the options then it makes a small piece of sense why they took the route they did.

Just now, trains said:

We’ve already laid down and accepted it. If we get fined and don’t pay then they take it from payments due to us and can impose further sanctions. The time to challenge it was six years ago. Or even when King took over. There’s no point in taking over and waiting until there’s suddenly a problem with the 5WA and moaning about it.  

1 minute ago, MattyBlue said:

Guess if thats all the options then it makes a small piece of sense why they took the route they did.

CAS every time. We signed away literally millions of pounds in already due revenue and more again in money dueover the coming years. 

Would love Gerrard to comment on the matter, rip the utter pish out them and have the whole world look and laugh at the SFA with there obsession with trying to hurt Rangers.

No other league in the world treats any off there teams, never mind there tops teams, the way the SFA do to Rangers. Shocking.

55 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Think it was something to do with something that Whyte said or did, but like yourself I don't know what it's about.  If it is the case that UEFA aren't interested in historical cases that are over 5 years I don't think we've got anything to worry about.  On the other hand maybe slanty eyes and the filth across the city think they have something that could cause us trouble, but I have a feeling they are grasping at straws.  Like yourself I would like a clear explanation, in layman's terms.

STV News explains it a bit better. 

UEFA rules state clubs applying to play in Europe should have "no payables overdue" to tax authorities, but do allow applications to progress if amounts are in dispute.

Rangers said at the time of their application in 2011 they had no overdue payables but that they were in dispute with HMRC over their liability from a Discounted Option Scheme, known as "the Wee Tax Case", which was in use from 2000 to 2002.

However, in court testimony given during the Craig Whyte trial, Rangers and Murray Group directors stated the club knew the tax bill was overdue in November 2010, months before their UEFA licence application.

6 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

5 way agreement, im lost again just as i thought i was understanding a bit :lol: 

Agreement between oldco, newco, SFA, SPL and SFL (SPL & SFL merged in 201; to become SPFL). Basically covered the terms of our membership transfer and Green signing away certain transfer fees and tv/prize money in return. 

I'm sorry but I'm going to say it and some folk won't like it and have a go but again, after this today, how any Rangers supporter can still support that national team of theirs and we have Rangers men working for them/wanting to work for them is absolutely beyond me and something I will never fanthom.

I cut players a bit of slack. It was upto me none of them would play for them but players are a bit different they want to play at that level. I don't like it but can't expect them to not do it if picked as much as it sticks in my craw.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We’ve already laid down and accepted it. If we get fined and don’t pay then they take it from payments due to us and can impose further sanctions. The time to challenge it was six years ago. Or even when King took over. There’s no point in taking over and waiting until there’s suddenly a problem with the 5WA and moaning about it.  

I know what your saying and for the current board that ship has sailed but it actually hurts that we just lay down every time and happily take a kicking without ever responding in a way that would make us all proud!! 

11 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Maybe I'm a bit naïve but surely they can't penalise us for stuff that happened 5 or 6 years ago when we were under different management.  You'd think a competent legal team could drive busses through that surely. 

Yes mate, you definitely are. This is the SFA we're talking about......small details like, us being owned by a crooked bastard and them knowing that, will not carry any weight here. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

CAS every time. We signed away literally millions of pounds in already due revenue and more again in money dueover the coming years. 

I was of the assumption that option would have taken a very lengthy time process and we wouldnt have been able to compete in the following season

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Agreement between oldco, newco, SFA, SPL and SFL (SPL & SFL merged in 201; to become SPFL). Basically covered the terms of our membership transfer and Green signing away certain transfer fees and tv/prize money in return. 

I like the way you simplify things :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I'm sorry but I'm going to say it and some folk won't like it and have a go but again, after this today, how any Rangers supporter can still support that national team of theirs and we have Rangers men working for them/wanting to work for them is absolutely beyond me and something I will never fanthom.

I cut players a bit of slack. It was upto me none of them would play for them but players are a bit different they want to play at that level. I don't like it but can't expect them to not do it if picked as much as it sticks in my craw.

I don’t support Scotland but I support any Rangers player playing for them as it will benefit our club financially and possibly Football wise. Might be hypocritical but couldn’t care less, my only concern is Rangers. 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The ‘top end’ is £100k (despite the max being 5m) so if it is a cash grab then think they’d go for that.

100,000 Rangers fans march from Ibrox to hamdump with a pound each in their pockets to be thrown at the sfa offices.  Some flute bands would make it quite a day out.

1 minute ago, MattyBlue said:

I was of the assumption that option would have taken a very lengthy time process and we wouldnt have been able to compete in the following season

I like the way you simplify things :thumbsup:

It would have caused a shit storm and would have likely led to a temporary stay until it was resolved. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I don’t support Scotland but I support any Rangers player playing for them as it will benefit our club financially and possibly Football wise. Might be hypocritical but couldn’t care less, my only concern is Rangers. 

I see the logic, just can't bring myself to do it. I'd honestly rather they only played well for Rangers. They don't need dragged down getting gubbed at Hampden off Costa Rica and the like. The pro's and con's don't add up for me. But as I said it's a level the players want to play at which is understandable - just won't support them in a Scotland jersey (just pray they come through 90 minutes unscathed) 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I see it differently. I see it that we should take it back. We are the majority. We are the daddy. Fuck the diddy teams and their parochial hatred of the big club. We need to fight back and take back control. 

Decades of disengaging and letting others dictate to us is the problem. 

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

STV News explains it a bit better. 

UEFA rules state clubs applying to play in Europe should have "no payables overdue" to tax authorities, but do allow applications to progress if amounts are in dispute.

Rangers said at the time of their application in 2011 they had no overdue payables but that they were in dispute with HMRC over their liability from a Discounted Option Scheme, known as "the Wee Tax Case", which was in use from 2000 to 2002.

However, in court testimony given during the Craig Whyte trial, Rangers and Murray Group directors stated the club knew the tax bill was overdue in November 2010, months before their UEFA licence application.

Dont see the contradiction, can you not have an overdue tax bill and still be in dispute about it?  surely the dispute wouldn't even start till the assessment/bill was received. when was the money for the wee tax case frozen in our back account?  was not about nov 2011? would certainly suggest we were in dispute about it.

Just now, Bakbear said:

I see it differently. I see it that we should take it back. We are the majority. We are the daddy. Fuck the diddy teams and their parochial hatred of the big club. We need to fight back and take back control. 

Decades of disengaging and letting others dictate to us is the problem. 

I don't see it as worth taking back. It's went too far. The national team (for me) represents the nation too, as an extension and there's nothing to swell my pride there either. Scotland as a country is totally fucked. It's away to the dogs - the football team goes hand in hand with it.