Club statement on Sfa nonsense.

Smile

Just now, MattyBlue said:

Simpleton question again, can we take our current situation to CAS?

We could but given that we signed up to the terms of it - and even after a change of 'leadership' haven't raised any issue with the general terms of it I don't think we'd have a leg to stand on. Unless we can argue that this charge/punishment is essentially victimisation. SFA's counter to that will be that it was the result of evidence given in Whyte's criminal trial that sparked the investigation so that's why it has taken so long.

2 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Simpleton question again, can we take our current situation to CAS?

Don't think there's anything stopping us. Did we not do it when the SFA imposed their illegal transfer embargo on us when we had the audacity to go into administration and we got found guilty by kangaroo court of bringing the game into disrepute? Scotland and Scottish football rounded on us for that, especially that St Mirren chairman at the time.

If I remember right and it wasn't a different process or something. 

5 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Why’s it taken nearly 7 years for this to be flagged up? Was it ever mentioned before?

@The Dude

It's the 'wee tax case'. Someone (can't remember who) said in evidence during whyte's trial that we knew it was a payable overdue at some point in late 2010 - and not a disputed figure - so that is what kicked off the new investigation.

EDIT:The late 2010 overdue statement contradicted the club's previous claims to the SFA that it was in dispute at that time iirc which is what specifically made it an issue

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Don't think there's anything stopping us. Did we not do it when the SFA imposed their illegal transfer embargo on us when we had the audacity to go into administration and we got found guilty by kangaroo court of bringing the game into disrepute? Scotland and Scottish football rounded on us for that, especially that St Mirren chairman at the time.

Didn't even go that high. That was the SFA's own appeals board iirc. We could(likely would) take it to them as the first port of call this time around too.

Just now, The Dude said:

It's the 'wee tax case'. Someone (can't remember who) said in evidence during whyte's trial that we knew it was a payable overdue at some point in late 2010 - and not a disputed figure - so that is what kicked off the new investigation.

You'd like to think that would work in our favour though - the whole world and their cat knows that Craig Whyte was a bigger habitual liar than Dave King is ... everyone knows the man is poison, how could they take anything he said as gospel and then attempt to use it retro against us 7-years later? things like this makes me know it's just a perverse blood lust for us that they will use something he said as evidence and further ammo against us. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Didn't even go that high. That was the SFA's own appeals board iirc. We could(likely would) take it to them as the first port of call this time around too.

Was there maybe something else though because I remember chat at the time their issue was with us taking our dilemma away outwith the perimiters of the Scottish game because it was apparently something that wasn't done as we self-govern or something like that. It reeked of sour grapes because the court found the punishment unlawful ... and then we had to agree to it anyway when getting our licence back in the 5-way.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You'd like to think that would work in our favour though - the whole world and their cat knows that Craig Whyte was a bigger habitual liar than Dave King is ... everyone knows the man is poison, how could they take anything he said as gospel and then attempt to use it retro against us 7-years later? things like this makes me know it's just a perverse blood lust for us that they will use something he said as evidence and further ammo against us. 

can't have been him - going by the dates. He didnt go on the board untill may 2011,

Just now, The Dude said:

can't have been him - going by the dates. He didnt go on the board untill may 2011,

OK. Was only going on what an article said earlier about Whyte's court testimony being contradictory or something. 

Was there maybe something else though because I remember chat at the time their issue was with us taking our dilemma away outwith the perimiters of the Scottish game because it was apparently something that wasn't done as we self-govern or something like that. It reeked of sour grapes because the court found the punishment unlawful ... and then we had to agree to it anyway when getting our licence back in the 5-way.

I think we threatened to take it to them if the SFA's appeals didn't overturn it. Infact - it was the court of session who called it "unlawful" - Nimmo Smith maybe?

47 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

Would love Gerrard to comment on the matter, rip the utter pish out them and have the whole world look and laugh at the SFA with there obsession with trying to hurt Rangers.

No other league in the world treats any off there teams, never mind there tops teams, the way the SFA do to Rangers. Shocking.

Gerrard needs to not get involved in this and concentrate on Making Rangers great again on the pitch, leave the litigation to our board, Surely Dave King will fight this as he loves a court battle.

Just now, K.A.I said:

OK. Was only going on what an article said earlier about Whyte's court testimony being contradictory or something. 

Without looking back I think it was just that it was said at his trial - not necessarily by him - but then I've ust had a smoke so...:lol:

31 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Ok mate . No reason to doubt you . I will need to get these eyes checked

Go past every week so I will have a look next time

Still don't see enough of them for me . Especially in beggar heartlands .The City centre

As you come into Greenock from the Port theres a cracking big flag planted up in a garden up on the embankment, have a look for it next time mate.

Anyeays whats the update on this, looking like a fine or something, seems a bit of a nonsense to have it brought up again.

Just now, The Dude said:

I think we threatened to take it to them if the SFA's appeals didn't overturn it. Infact - it was the court of session who called it "unlawful" - Nimmo Smith maybe?

Aye I think that's it actually. Knew there was a bit more too it but details are sketchy as there's been so much shit and injustice fired at us these past 6/7 years.

Surely we will be arguing that the tax bill was in dispute when we applied for the UEFA licence? 

When will this vendetta against us end? What I want to know is why were the SFA not punished for allowing Whyte anywhere near our club in the first place? Obviously we didn't do a proper check on him but surely as the the governing body they should have did due diligence on him as well? They are a joke who are not fit for purpose. 

All eyes will be on us this season because of Gerrard. If the SFA don't want the world will see what a joke of a country this is then they back down.

Aye I think that's it actually. Knew there was a bit more too it but details are sketchy as there's been so much shit and injustice fired at us these past 6/7 years.

Aye I'm remembering more and more wee bits the more I talk about it - and I actually forgot how fucking mental some of he stuff that summer was with the 5WA and that

Just now, plumbGER said:

As you come into Greenock from the Port theres a cracking big flag planted up in a garden up on the embankment, have a look for it next time mate.

Anyeays whats the update on this, looking like a fine or something, seems a bit of a nonsense to have it brought up again.

Ok , will do mate

Not sure what's going with this . It will be one in a long list of things to derail our club and destabilise us going forward .

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We get charged with bringing the game into disrepute and all sorts of allegations threw at us for being mismanaged by crooks but any other team receives help from the governing bodies when they run into financial trouble.

It stinks.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Ok , will do mate

Not sure what's going with this . It will be one in a long list of things to derail our club and destabilise us going forward .

Thats exactly what it is, they can see we are making a good effort to get back on top to they are trying to sabotage it, i don't think they will be succesful.