Welcome Back Allan Mcgregor

Lloyd

The 2 main rats are the only ones who I’ve really still got hatred for, the rest I will just never take to the way I did before, an the state we are in we can’t really kb better quality that we have got already.

im just glad they 2 are so bad they wouldn’t even get a game for us, an that’s saying something

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If it went helping the team that I 'support' then damn right I would

Footballers might be rich but they are dumb. They leave football and most have nothing to fall back on work wise.

So they need to maximize their income when they can. As much as I didn't agree at the time, the guy has balls coming back knowing full well the hostility. He's ready to do the business for us i'm certain.

If he fails then fair enough, but it turns out he's still a very good keeper and easily has another 4 years at the top in him.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Think this thread finally shows that we will stomach anything, Sir Minty walked back tomorrow with a few million the cheering would start again. 

It's a cut throat world being successful. Sometimes you just need to bite your tongue if it means success. It's just the way it has to be sometimes.

20 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

:thumbsup:

Regardless, Allen identifying good players. Might have had it tough in January and got some wrong - Jan market is always tougher - but Arfield and McGregor, on paper are two good signings.

If Allen is identifying players like this, while Gerrard is identifying his own and utilising his extensive contacts (Lucas, Defoe etc for example) then surely things are looking up? Fingers crossed for the boys in blue.

I'd agree with what you said on Allen, but if he's bringing in players like Mcgregor/ Arfield, who will be on a decent wage, I'd hope Gerrards signings would be a little more future minded.

I know everyone just wants to stop their run right now,and I do to, but it won't happen if we spunk a load of money on big name players who are on their way out, and it will cost us a shit ton of money with no return.

We chucked that season there, if the taigs had finish 30/40 odd points ahead of us I would panick like fuck, but they didn't and I can see it being the same next season judging by Rodgers previous when recruiting players (obviously Coutinho aside).

A half decent defence, and extra depth in the cdm role would have had us competing this season, even with the managers we've had.

I fear we will keep blowing money on guys that, in they're head, have played at the highest level and see us as a step down and thjnk they can stroll it.

2 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

It's a cut throat world being successful. Sometimes you just need to bite your tongue if it means success. It's just the way it has to be sometimes.

Is that the same bite your tongue when your getting something shoved up your arse. 

35 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You’re a mad fuck aren’t you?

He’s not even spoken to Gerrard, or have you?

Have they ever even played against each other?

He’s scored into him ffs :rofl:

40 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You’re a mad fuck aren’t you?

He’s not even spoken to Gerrard, or have you?

Have they ever even played against each other?

Direct quote from Gerrard:

“I am delighted to confirm Allan as my second signing this summer as we continue preparations for next season.

“He is vastly experienced goalkeeper who we feel can add to the options available to us currently. He has won lots of silverware for this club, and has shone at the highest level in Europe.

I have played against Allan a number of times in my own career and I know just how fierce a competitor he can be.

“He is a Rangers supporter who rose through the ranks here, so having someone with such a depth of feeling towards the club is another great asset to the squad.”