Welcome Back Allan Mcgregor

Lloyd

On 17/05/2018 at 09:51, roboscot said:

I don't put McGregor in the same boat as Naismith and Whittaker.

It was still shit at the time, but he was on big wages that would've been unsustainable in Div3 and if he'd TUPED over and we hadn't got a buyer for him we'd have been lumbered with those wages.

Welcome back Shagger.

Fucking nonsense.

Our wage bill in Div3 was circa 10-12 million (iirc) - McCulloch, Wallace et al' all still on SPL wages not forgetting McSalary. McGregors salary wouldn't have made the blind bit of difference.

But instead of tuping over he jumped ship on a free, pocketing a large signing on bonus in the process.

Fuck him. Up there with the rest of them.

Some people have short memories...

• 7 months later...
20 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Love bumping these to see if people have changed their opinions :lol:

@ForeverAndEver and @BridgeIsBlue, good lads

Doubt I ever will in honesty.

Think it’s a bit of a riddy that people’s opinions change based on a few good saves 

5 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Love bumping these to see if people have changed their opinions :lol:

@ForeverAndEver and @BridgeIsBlue, good lads

People do change opinions. Having reactionary posts on the forum is good as it keeps it interesting. 

Say we lose our next three games, which is perfectly feasible and could be the result of the worst luck ever. Probably every one of us would about turn and declare the season a disaster, when we've all basked in the glory of the win before the break. 

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

People do change opinions. Having reactionary posts on the forum is good as it keeps it interesting. 

Say we lose our next three games, which is perfectly feasible and could be the result of the worst luck ever. Probably every one of us would about turn and declare the season a disaster, when we've all basked in the glory of the win before the break. 

Rubbish...a disaster is the next draw not 3 defeats.

37 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Don't think losing to Cowdenbeath, Livi then Killie is feasible tbh!

On 16/05/2018 at 17:04, ForeverAndEver said:

Four more players - captain Steven Davis, Allan McGregor, Kyle Lafferty and Jamie Ness - have lodged objections to their transfer to a "newco" Rangers.

The consortium led by Charles Green believe the players' contracts should transfer from the old, soon-to-be liquidated Rangers.

Just Jamie Ness to go

11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Doubt I ever will in honesty.

Think it’s a bit of a riddy that people’s opinions change based on a few good saves 

Totally agree mate. I’ll never forget how fucking brutal it all was - or the behaviour of the footballing authorities, the players who left or the other clubs and their fans. 

I don’t buy the “aye but the spivs would’ve pocketed the sale proceeds if they stayed” shite either. Those players saw a way out and fucked off. If they stayed they would’ve still been paid - and if the club didn’t have the means to pay them they could’ve then fucked off for free anyway. 

Yes McGregor is a great goalkeeper but he deserted us at our lowest point in history and that’s pretty much the bottom line as far as I’m concerned. At least he’s a decent player. Lafferty is an absolute embarrassment of a player. I really find it hard to believe that Gerrard rates him and wanted to sign him.