Underwhelming signings that made an impact and vice-versa

K.A.I

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Well you know what then smart arse name some of your own then instead of nit picking one little thing out of a massive post with a few examples like it's the only thing that matters in the OP ya crank 

You mean don't question anything you post? You said he was mince, I corrected you. You were only 15, so Rod Wallace had more goals for Southampton and Leeds than you had pubes. Now stop being so fucking sensitive.

Gordon Durie was another quite underwhelming one for me.

Him playing for Dundee and/or Hibs? was a wee bit before my time but I mind watching him a few times on Match of The Day for Tottenham and Chelsea before he signed for us and not being overly impressed but what a great player he was for us. Absolute workhorse, some amount of assists and a decent chunk of goals without being the most prolific, either.

1 minute ago, SheriffHood said:

You mean don't question anything you post? You said he was mince, I corrected you. You were only 15, so Rod Wallace had more goals for Southampton and Leeds than you had pubes. Now stop being so fucking sensitive.

No I don't mean that at all - all I said was I thought he was mince ... as in that was my perception of him as a kid 

So either name some examples of your own and contribute something or stop taking a tiny, minute detail from a massive OP and being a cock about it

Always remember how excited I was about signing kanchelskis but it never really worked out that well. Also gui’varch and salenko. In the last few years definitely Alves.

Mols never really meant that much to me when he signed but was out of this world. Going further back Rod Wallace.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

No I don't mean that at all - all I said was I thought he was mince ... as in that was my perception of him as a kid 

So either name some examples of your own and contribute something or stop taking a tiny, minute detail from a massive OP and being a cock about it

I'm a cock because I corrected you? Settle down sweetheart.

1 minute ago, GT66 said:

I was 10 when Caniggia signed, and although through Championship Manager knew he was quality at Boca, I was never overly enthusiastic about signings from the spl.

He ended up on the back of my top

Caniggia is a good shout. Always knew how talented he was but thought when he took him from Dundee it was just a bridge too far but he had another couple of good season in him. Good business. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Buffel I thought would be a superstar here, was one of the top rated young players in Europe at one point but against tough teams he looked awful yet looked decent against Killie at home.

Was raging at how poor he turned out to be 

Yeah Buffel was a total homer. Looked unreal in a 4-0 Ibrox win against Kilmarnock but you couldn't trust him somewhere like Tynecastle or Pittodrie to run the show like he did in the comfortable Ibrox games.

Underwhelmed signings - I agree with Rod Wallace and Novo. Big Marvin Andrews was another who was ok too. 

Disappointments would be Beattie, Guivarch, and I know it was potentially the injuries but I was really disappointed with Seb Rozental as as a kid I bought into the hype. Was he not heralded as the new Batistuta?

Just now, ArthurNuman said:

Underwhelmed signings - I agree with Rod Wallace and Novo. Big Marvin Andrews was another who was ok too. 

Disappointments would be Beattie, Guivarch, and I know it was potentially the injuries but I was really disappointed with Seb Rozental as as a kid I bought into the hype. Was he not heralded as the new Batistuta?

Yeah he was tipped to go to the very top in Europe but fucked it here. 

We have had some stinking luck with what looked like top, top strikers. Mols, Negri, Rozental and Franny Jeffers

Capucho :lol:

I mind my uncle going off his nut the first home game of that season, "look at his fucking socks, ya lazy greasy bastard" 

Back then when you were 15 odd you thought these European names would autoatically be great in this league but it was very hit or miss