Back to business

Blue72

8 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Is it just me or does it feel like the old days are back:

ridiculous unrealistic reansfer links 

excitement about some potential wuality players 

Bit of hope 

Media out to hammer us at every turn 

Don't feel there's much of a difference from last 2 summers where we've been buzzing at potential signings, and we know how theyve turned out. Still buzzing this year right enough 

Not really. I feel we are back in another promising situation which when the games start usually comes to nothing. There's a good buzz around Gerrard's appointment but he is untested as a manager. Trying not to be too pessimistic but until the team starts playing and winning I'll reserve judgement.

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's a bit of a buzz about it but this seasons only just finished a few days ago and it's still way too raw for me.

We still have way too much shite at the club but some of the names getting linked are top notch ... sure we won't all be in universal agreement with every target and signing but that's fine. 

Arfield and McGregor are good business for starters as they are improvements on anything we've got for their positions. 

No-one knows how Gerrard's reign will turn out but I'm excited and can't wait for pre-season to kick in and get started.

Cannot agree with this more. I've also been excited by signings for about the last 4 years and look how that's turned out.

Ahh we've got Boyd and miller in the championship, that's quality that no other team has. We finished 3rd.

Wartburton year 1 went pretty well. Can't really complain too much even if the signs were there from Christmas onwards that he wasn't up to it.

The next summer we signed Barton, kranjcar, rossiter, dodoo etc and I thought that was amazing. Didn't think we'd get players like that. Between the 4 of them they have done nothing here.

I'm no even going to talk about pedros summer in charge because we've just spent a season watching it.

Just going to enjoy the World Cup now, glad this season is done and going to forget about Scottish football for a welcome break of sanity - sadly this is becoming far too familiar at the moment. I'm optimistic that we will have a decent enough run in Europa, but don't see us qualifying at all. As long as it kick starts the new management and squad in a positive way for the start of the season.

48 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

I won't get my hopes up until players perform consistently, I've learned my lesson the hard way

I think many of us feel the same way, I will be delighted to see good players signed but have no intention of going over the top until we see how they play. :thumbup:

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

There's a bit of a buzz about it but this seasons only just finished a few days ago and it's still way too raw for me.

We still have way too much shite at the club but some of the names getting linked are top notch ... sure we won't all be in universal agreement with every target and signing but that's fine. 

Arfield and McGregor are good business for starters as they are improvements on anything we've got for their positions. 

No-one knows how Gerrard's reign will turn out but I'm excited and can't wait for pre-season to kick in and get started.

Absolutely agree 

probably a bit more calm this year trying not to let things get hyped too much after last few seasons 

if that’s the quality of player we’re after, then we’re on the right track 

Re the media. In the "old days" there would be individual journos with a grudge against us.

Today almost the entire press (not just sports section) is united against us, eager to push the myth that we are a backward, knuckle-dragging, bigoted, unionist support that has no place in the SNP's shiny new incarnation of Scotland.

Staggeringly warped but sadly true. The evidence mounts daily...

10 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

I won't get my hopes up until players perform consistently, I've learned my lesson the hard way

This. Gerrards name is not enough for me, i want to see results and i want to see this board get a fucking spine about them.

11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Had a bit of a buzz the day Gerrard was announced, felt annoyed before that now I feel fuck all apart from pissed off that McGregor's signed.

The only thing I felt when Gerrard was announced was a strange sense of deja vu, was a bit happier when Arfield officially arrived then so pissed off with all the negative media yesterday and much as I think shagger is a jump the dyke traitorous bastard he should be a better option in goals than Foderingham. 

As I've been saying for months I'm scunnered.