Rangers Pools

Lloyd

7 hours ago, broomloanjamie said:

Your not really. Your gambling, with profits going to house maintainance. You don’t put your coupon on then ask William hill why your paying for his renovation when the shop gets done up.

I don’t gamble. 

5 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

Hugh Adam was the driving force back then and deserves a huge amount of credit for it. It paid for our rebuild of the stadium and the amount of money it provided was way above anybody else. Financially it put us  out  way ahead of anyone else at the time. If I remember correctly Hugh Adam was on the board of Rangers but resigned as he felt the way SDM was running the club was untenable. He got a lot of stick at the time but has been proved right ,a man of principal.

You are correct, Willie. Hugh Adam basically took over the running of the club and worked directly with Willie Waddell after the Ibrox disaster. WhernMurray bought the club, Adam resigned as a director but apparently, he was still an investor until he died.

I'm not exactly sure of the reason he got a lot of stick, but if I remember correctly it was something to do with a statement he made about the club heading for stormy waters.

18 hours ago, Trooblue said:

Wasn't the old one a version of the football pools?  You select eleven games you reckon will be draws from the entire fixture list on a given day, and if you get 8 or more from eleven right as score draws, you win the pools.  Depending on how many others win, you get the whole prize to yourself or a share of the prize. Three points for each score draw, one point for a no-score draw, top score wins. Prize money depends on how many play each week. 

that sounds about right my old man was an agent in the late 60/70s might be wrong but used to pay the money into a place in hope st then it moved out to ibrox.

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

You are correct, Willie. Hugh Adam basically took over the running of the club and worked directly with Willie Waddell after the Ibrox disaster. WhernMurray bought the club, Adam resigned as a director but apparently, he was still an investor until he died.

I'm not exactly sure of the reason he got a lot of stick, but if I remember correctly it was something to do with a statement he made about the club heading for stormy waters.

You are perfectly correct ,he predicted big problems on the way the club was run by SDM and he was correct. He was pretty much stitched up by the club. SDM did not like criticism.

8 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

You are perfectly correct ,he predicted big problems on the way the club was run by SDM and he was correct. He was pretty much stitched up by the club. SDM did not like criticism.

I never really got the ins and outs of what went on at that time as I had been in Australia since 1966, but my brother used to send me newspapers that were about 3 months old by the time I received them, which allowed me to keep up with events. I would definitely agree about Murray and I always wonder how many good men and investors he alienated from our Club.

19 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Used to have one of the best run and biggest money making Football club Pools in the UK, another thing Sir Minty fucked up. 

And he also quoted the tarriers where more loyal a support or something because they paid to build the stadium through share issues,  and I was sitting their thinking , Who the fuck paid for Ibrox?   Yes he did the club deck which is top quality but the corners were fucked up and the stadium should be holding 60,000 with more corporate boxes..

The cunt inherited the best club ground in the UK paid for by the Rangers fans. 

21 hours ago, Trooblue said:

Wasn't the old one a version of the football pools?  You select eleven games you reckon will be draws from the entire fixture list on a given day, and if you get 8 or more from eleven right as score draws, you win the pools.  Depending on how many others win, you get the whole prize to yourself or a share of the prize. Three points for each score draw, one point for a no-score draw, top score wins. Prize money depends on how many play each week. 

I seem to revel the phrase "the dividends will be low"...

• 2 months later...

Was an agent many moons ago. I'm sure it was the same five numbers you had each week but the teams your numbers referred to changed each week and it was basically the highest scoring teams that won the prizes.

On a side note a good friend of ours works with Littlewood pools in Liverpool and he was telling us that they will be running it on behalf of Rangers.

Just noticed Rangers Pools relaunch ,on the Club web . Then looked for the thread on RM ,Maybe it should be pinned for some more attention to it 

FORMER Light Blue stars Peter Lovenkrands and Gregory Vignal have today re-launched Rangers Pools.

This modernised venture places the Rangers Youth Development Company in partnership with the Football Pools – and profits will be donated back to Rangers Football Club exclusively for the maintenance and upkeep of Ibrox Stadium.

The Rangers Youth Development Company (RYDC) already has an established portfolio of products, which support the Rangers Academy, and these include Rangers Lotto, Rising Stars, Stadium Bricks, Scratchcards and the Youth Members Club. All of this has meant that more than £7.5m has been donated to the Youth Academy in the last 16 years alone.

Now, with the re-launch of Rangers Pools, RYDC will donate further funds to the Club, this time, for the sole purpose of keeping Ibrox Stadium in peak condition.

Fans can sign up for Rangers Pools via www.rydc.co.uk or www.rangerspools.com from Friday 10th August – and a minimum of 30p from every pound generated will go back to the Club for Stadium maintenance.

The Football Pools was established in 1923 and has paid out more than £3.5billion to winners over the last 95 years. Rangers Pools was a huge success for decades but the time is right to relaunch the product and RYDC Director of Operations Colin Stewart joined Academy coaches Lovenkrands and Vignal and representatives from the Football Pools at the Hummel Training Centre this afternoon to confirm this fresh partnership.

Colin commented: “I am delighted to be re-launching an updated version of Rangers Pools and I am confident our association with the Football Pools will yield positive results. Rangers Pools was an enormous success previously and, in its heyday, was the second largest Football Pools in the UK, second only to Littlewoods Pools.

“I have records showing 1.3m weekly entries, which is astonishing. It would appear that all Rangers fans, and a good number of fans from other clubs, played the game, mainly due to the massive prize money on offer. In the 1970s, Rangers Pools regularly gave away weekly prizes of £30,000 so it was an incredibly successful game. The profits were donated to the Club for stadium maintenance and upkeep and largely paid for the re-building of the Broomloan, Copland and Govan Stands.

“Regrettably, revenues dropped due to the introduction of The National Lottery and the decision was taken to drop Rangers Pools in favour of a Lottery type game, so Rangers Lotto was launched.

“However, the Football Pools have been a mainstay of the UK Football Pools industry since their establishment in 1923. They are the industry experts and have created a new website for supporters to sign up to play and, in a nod to the original Rangers Pools, all net profits from the game will be directed to stadium maintenance and upkeep. 

“I hope our fans will agree that Rangers Pools is a welcome addition to our portfolio and I would ask everyone over the age of 18 to give it a try and play with the knowledge and comfort of knowing that you may win some serious prize money, while also helping to ensure our beloved Ibrox Stadium is in the condition it deserves to be.”

Football Pools, Managing Director Conleth Byrne added: “The Football Pools are delighted to announce our new partnership with Rangers, which brings together two iconic names in the football business.

“We are sure that the Club’s magnificent fanbase will enjoy playing Rangers Pools for a chance to win big prizes, including a £3m jackpot and at the same time help support the upkeep of Ibrox Stadium.”

:rangers:  :thumbsup:

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/club/Rangers-pools-re-launched/

On 17/05/2018 at 19:36, kplfishtank said:

Quick one, why should the fans pay for the upkeep of the ground?

It isn't a tax, nobody is forcing you to buy into it. If the stadium needs work doing on it, the money has to come from somewhere. This sounds like a good idea, and you stand a chance of winning a few quid.

you have got to be in it to win it.... here, that could be a slogan.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:56, Brackley said:

Was an agent many moons ago. I'm sure it was the same five numbers you had each week but the teams your numbers referred to changed each week and it was basically the highest scoring teams that won the prizes.

On a side note a good friend of ours works with Littlewood pools in Liverpool and he was telling us that they will be running it on behalf of Rangers.

I was an agent for a few years in the late 70,s . That's exactly how it worked then as you describe. Big money prizes for that era.

36 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Same mate :lol:

Picked all these random games, does that mean I’m stuck with those numbers from now on then? Is it a quid a week? 

Fuck knows , got a direct debit amount email from Rangers pools then a direct debit amount email from football pools which is double the amount , fuck knows how this works , hunting about for the cancellation button already ??needless to say can’t find it 

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

Same mate :lol:

Picked all these random games, does that mean I’m stuck with those numbers from now on then? Is it a quid a week? 

Not sure ? 

I’ve signed up for £12 a month and took 10 games in some English games but then when I looked at my account I’ve got a whole bunch of European games selected which I didn’t pick on different coupons.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Not sure ? 

I’ve signed up for £12 a month and took 10 games in some English games but then when I looked at my account I’ve got a whole bunch of European games selected which I didn’t pick on different coupons.

I think that’s just showing you examples of how it works.