Rangers Pools

Lloyd

1 hour ago, Budswiser said:

I was an agent for a few years in the late 70,s . That's exactly how it worked then as you describe. Big money prizes for that era.

My dad was an agent in the 70s, as well. Remember going over to Ibrox with him for that.

Feel like an old fart when I realise how many on here have never seen a pools coupon...  ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2018 at 06:15, Ozblue said:

I never really got the ins and outs of what went on at that time as I had been in Australia since 1966, but my brother used to send me newspapers that were about 3 months old by the time I received them, which allowed me to keep up with events. I would definitely agree about Murray and I always wonder how many good men and investors he alienated from our Club.

Laughed at the newspaper comment, you probably listened to Rangers games on the BBC World Service as well, wee Short-Wave radio, changed days. 

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Laughed at the newspaper comment, you probably listened to Rangers games on the BBC World Service as well, wee Short-Wave radio, changed days

Changed days indeed, mate! In those days it took around 6-8 weeks to receive an AirMail letter, never mind a parcel so it wasn't easy keeping up with ANY football in Australia, never mind Scottish football. In fact, when the 1970 World Cup was won by Brazil there was nothing on the TV news about it at all and the only reason I knew the score was I noticed a very small 10-word maximum snippet hidden away in a Sydney newspaper; and to this day I have never seen that game, even although I could possibly find a grainy film of it on youtube.

I did have a short-wave radio but the reception wasn't the best in those days, plus the fact shiftwork limited me to when I could use it. It certainly was an experience living in Australia back then, I can assure you.

• 3 months later...