MOH in with the beggars yesterday

Sorry, but the folk who are saying it’s unrealistic or small minded to discipline him for this  (at a playing level not employee level) are way off the mark, IMO.

Obviously, on the face of it disciplining an employee for attending a game is laughable. But in the context of playing for a professional football team it’s unbelievable that he’s done this. Taking our rivalry out of it, he’s a fucking professional football player going to cheer on a team who he is in direct competition with. What kind of mentality does he have? You could reasonably question his willingness to do what it takes on the field against his heroes. Could you trust him to score a winning penalty in a cup final against them? Or go down in he box if he’s been fouled by them?

I can’t reasonably expect someone to turn their back on their boyhood club. But that’s why I don’t like signing celtic supporters. I don’t care what religion they are but if they’re a mhank fan that’s a big no no for me. If they’re a Scottish, mhank supporter (with being a catholic a multiplying factor) how much effort/loyalty can you expect them to put in?

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're using the words punish him, but punish him for what? He would need to be told as to why and it certainly couldn't be for watching a scum game, so what would it be for? Taking into account whatever is dreamt up, it would need to be equitable with any other player in similar circunstance to him, or again, it's back to constructive dismissal and racial discrimination, seeing as to who and what he is.

"Racial discrimination" 

You're not right. What "race" is he"?

Michael O'Halloran isn't a race apart from everyone else. He's a little cunt. 

He's supporting the biggest rivals of the sporting team he plays for. That wouldn't be tolerated in any sport, in any country.  

It's up to the club to tell him who he trains with and when. We don't have to explain the reasons behind that to him. Nor do we have to give a specific reason as to why he's not training with or being picked for, the first team. And if he demands one, a simple "you're shit" will suffice.

14 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Sorry, but the folk who are saying it’s unrealistic or small minded to discipline him for this are way off the mark, IMO.

Obviously, on the face of it disciplining an employee for attending a game is laughable. But in the context of playing for a professional football team it’s unbelievable that he’s done this. Taking our rivalry out of it, he’s a fucking professional football player going to cheer on a team who he is in direct competition with. What kind of mentality does he have? You could reasonably question his willingness to do what it takes on the field against his heroes. Could you trust him to score a winning penalty in a cup final against them? Or go down in he box if he’s been fouled by them?

I can’t reasonably expect someone to turn their back on their boyhood club. But that’s why I don’t like signing celtic supporters. I don’t care what religion they are but if they’re a mhank fan that’s a big no no for me. If they’re a Scottish, mhank supporter (with being a catholic a multiplying factor) how much effort/loyalty can you expect them to put in?

He is all that, but you still can't discipline or sack him for attending a scum game.

You could sack him for leaking team info info to other teams of course if we had the evidence. Do we and if we do, why is he still here?

56 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Have you read the thread? I’m not talking about official punishments.

Petty punishments could lead to a claim of constructive dismissal i suppose 

Just get rid of the cunt..first offer take it 

3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

Petty punishments could lead to a claim of constructive dismissal i suppose 

Just get rid of the cunt..first offer take it 

As I said earlier mate, I’d sit down tomorrow with a team of employment lawyers and establish exactly what we can and cannot get away with.

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He is all that, but you still can't discipline or sack him for attending a scum game.

You could sack him for leaking team info info to other teams of course if we had the evidence. Do we amd if we do, why os he still here?

You’re right we can’t, not on in an official capacity anyway, for all the reasons you’ve mentioned before. But there has to be some way of making him pay for this. You just can’t go to a SC final to watch and cheer on, presumably, your biggest rivals. I’d be annoyed enough if he was there supporting Motherwell. It’s incredibly unprofessional and calls into doubt his integrity. If he was one on one with the tim’s goalie (no pun intended with his alleged homo activities) and he missed it, how do you know he didn’t miss on purpose?

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Then I've changed my mind again. Sack him.

I appreciate it’s less than conclusive, but why would multiple people be taking photos of him? It would have been debunked by now if it wasn’t him.

184F0A6B-2851-4DE6-AD94-02CF12CAF804.jpeg

Really loving our clubs recent actions and our direction, and really think sacking this idiot now after this would send the perfect message to our support and the rest of the world 

Archived