GERRARD, THE NEXT 3 SEASONS - What would you take?

Him still being in a job come the end of the season will be progress as we have ended 3 or the last 4 seasons with a different manager - in 2 of them with the 3rd management team in place in a season.

That happens and it means that we have done well in the league - a strong 2nd and potentially won a cup if not got to a final anyway.

Looking at teams in the Europa unless we get a favourable draw getting the 4th round with the current squad is going to be nigh impossible - its not surrender its just the reality.

if that mob across the city drop points like they did last year then it could go right to the wire.

We win all our games at home and keep up the away form then we will be there or thereabouts on his first season.

That’s not unrealistic when you look at who we dropped points against at Ibrox last season.

The biggest issue is laying a glove on them but I think Gerrard has the personality needed to push most of these wasters to a win over them, plus McGregor will do better between the sticks than Foderingham.

By the looks of it it will be very difficult to reach the group stage of the Europa League so I’m no too fussed with that this year as long as there is a major improvement in the league, fuck the cups as well, get our title back this season then worry about all that.

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I read it as a couple of seasons and then some trophies, dingy that then, my mistake.

We need to win the league, and that is it, lets be fair. 

We're already the laughing stock of Scottish football.

We do mate i know that, i want that, we all want that, to win the league. celtic have an advantage over us, better players, more disposable income, and a fully compliant media. I am giving Gerrard the 1st season to establish and prepare and at least get to the cup final and win or at least draw, no more 5-0 embarassments., and the second season to go for them. That is imo realistic expectation. 

28 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

This.

Anyone who think's that them getting 9 won't be a huge achievement for them and they won't rub it in must have been in a coma when we did it. 

Smacks of surrendering before a ball is even  kicked. Brass fucking neck! 

So you would sack SG and bring in someone to stop 10 in a row in one season with again likely lesser squad value, squad quality, budget, etc.

Fair dos.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Realistically if he doesn't push them all the way next season and win a cup then he's gone.

If we're well behind by Christmas he'll be gone before the end of January.

Aye. Have to be well within ten points from top minimum at the turn of the year. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Unfortunately this is true - and even coming a close second might not be enough! At the very least I hope he hits the ground running! 

A close second would be acceptable to the board, it would be progress in their eyes, if he wins a few games against the scum then that’s success and hopefully we do it in our first game against them, that would start the panic.

A lot of this depends on the investment Gerrard gets.

1st season - Strong 2nd place finish and a cup minimum for me. This treble treble needs to be killed off. He needs to improve the home form and beat them in the old firm. If we can stay within a few points of the scum going into the split we could nick it.

As we are unseeded after the 2nd round in europe, the group stages is a big ask. We would need a bit of luck with the draw.

2nd Season - Title + Strong European Run.

3rd Season - Treble

We need to start putting real pressure on them and if we cannot win the league next season then we need to be very close. 

Yes we need to win some cups and that would be a start but the league is the main thing for me. 

I really hope Stevie G can be the one to turn us around and get us back on top. He will need the tools to do that job, and that is the boards responsibility. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yes I am.

As long as the progress is noticeable. Have said previously that I was probably more opposed than most to this appointment but will likely afford him more time than most others.

There is a chasm between both clubs, I really think many are underestimating the job SG faces.

It’s the same kid as last year and the year before - it was always going to take time to develop let’s hope SG gets the time he needs - I hope he does great this season but I suspect he’ll need at least two seasons - will he be afforded that luxuary - can the club back him to the desired level as well? 

21 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

A close second would be acceptable to the board, it would be progress in their eyes, if he wins a few games against the scum then that’s success and hopefully we do it in our first game against them, that would start the panic.

... and if we lose that first OF then I know where the panic will be - anyway let’s hope he wins it to at least give us some hope and belief! 

4 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

It’s the same kid as last year and the year before - it was always going to take time to develop let’s hope SG gets the time he needs - I hope he does great this season but I suspect he’ll need at least two seasons - will he be afforded that luxuary - can the club back him to the desired level as well? 

But the progress wasn't there whilst the repeated embarrassments were. There was always a reduction in belief in PC not the growth we need to see.

It's not about giving time. It's about giving sufficient time to match sufficient improvement which is considered on track with where we need to be within a set timescale.

Don't see why we shouldn't be challenging those cretins, maybe the best team but won't take a lot to catch them and properly test them.

If Stevie G is given the proper tools to do the job then why not the title. All this shite about 2,3,4 years behind.......bollocks. We are one transfer window away from the title, that's it.

Give him the backing, we reap the rewards.