GERRARD, THE NEXT 3 SEASONS - What would you take?

11 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

It has that feel to it for sure.

Just gotta have faith and hope for the best.

Am I about the only one whose not bought Into the Gerrard hype??  Personally, and I do hope I'm way off, I think it has major disaster written all over it.  Bar his name and publicity it brings I genuinely can't see what he offers in actual management. Still may just be over cautious after the last few appointments

8 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Let’s just hope SG keeps winning or suddenly he won’t be good enough either and won’t get the time needed 

I'll never agree with you on any matter.

Let's just hope though that SG keeps winning or suddenly he won't be good enough and won't get the time needed ?

I had been looking forward to a souness type revolution. And seeing the back of everyone of those fucking shitebags from previous seasons with new investment coming in but now i am not so sure. Now i read the manager wants to keep windass and tav and give some of the other imposters a chance and with kings lack of funds I think this season will be slightly better than last year but let's be honest we couldn't get any fucking worse. So now i don't know what I am expecting just have to wait and see who leaves and what calibre of player we then sign. Here's hoping we can at last beat the scum in some league games and push them all the way until the end of the season. I think that's the least we are all owed after the shambles of previous seasons. P.s and hopefully a cup or two.

1 hour ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I had been looking forward to a souness type revolution. And seeing the back of everyone of those fucking shitebags from previous seasons with new investment coming in but now i am not so sure. 

You set yourself up for a massive fall if you thought this would be a Souness like revolution 

we’ve not got 50m and English teams are not banned from Europe. 

Keep it real will you 

The aims and traditions of our great club are to win every competition we are in. We as fans, want to see our club back at the top and winning the league again. 

The reality at the moment is that our seasons in the wilderness have changed a hell of a lot of things. Champions league revenue is bigger than it has been, and one club in Scotland has had unrestricted access to the pot for the last 5/6 seasons. This has created a massive gulf in finances. We have been financially mismanaged as well, with streams of revenue we should have had access to (merchandising etc) taken away. 

This appointment is the first appointment with the long term in mind that we have taken in a long time. It would be folly (but magnificent) to expect Gerrard to win the league at the first attempt. In short, the eggs are all in the basket and this appointment must work. We will get behind the man, but we need to keep behind him even when things arent going so well, or we will hand them ten without as big a fight as possible. 

I don't think their squad is light years ahead of us, but the point is they haven't had to be, as they haven't been pushed. They also have the finances and pull of the champions league to go and buy better if they have to. This is why it's a building process and even if we don't win a cup (which I hope we do at least), this season, we have to keep behind him. 

Like it or not progress is a strong second, another cut in the gap, and further than the second Europa league qualifying round. Consistency is the thing this season, and the thing we didn't have last season. Truth is if we don't get beaten by Kilmarnock, Hibs, etc and still get beaten against celtic then we win the league. Fine margins. 

Realistically, getting a team out on the pitch that is still competing for the title after the split will be a successful season. Winning a cup and getting to Semifinal and finals of the cup competitions should be achievable. Getting in to Group stages of Europa, and qualifying for games after Xmas would be a good first season. He will need more than one transfer window to turn things around. And Serious Investment. 

On 02/06/2018 at 10:05, KeyserSoze said:

You set yourself up for a massive fall if you thought this would be a Souness like revolution 

we’ve not got 50m and English teams are not banned from Europe. 

Keep it real will you 

Keyser I was thinking more like a manager not unlike souness who had little or no experience in managing a team the size of Rangers. Who would build from the back and build a strong spine back to front but mostly start getting rid of the dross from previous seasons.i didn't mean spend millions and fill the team with international players like souness both did as you pointed out to me.we all know this will never happen with king in charge. 

First season: a strong challenge for the taigs, win our home games against them at least and at least reach the cup finals preferably winning at least one, finish second in the league.

Second season: again push hard on the taigs finish no lower than second in the league, again try to win a domestic cup and reach the group stage in Europe.

Third season: win the domestic treble, beat the taig fuckers in every game we play them and try to again reach the group stages.

After that dominate Scottish football for ever and ever a(fucking)men.

Am fully expecting him to improve on his record so far of third place with the under 18 youth team.:tu:

Then in 3 years upgraded from MBE to Knighthood when he becomes the first manager to lead a Scottish team to a Champion's League win.