JD Sports to become official retail partner

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

What the fuck can u spend 4billion on

You could buy a premiership team with a big stadium and decent fan base already in place and then ensure they yo-you beyeeen premiership and championship. 

On 02/06/2018 at 22:54, Sparkle said:

SD have  a small 6% of shares in the group that owns JD strangely

forgot link    

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/JD_Sports

Ashley sold his £12m worth of JDshares in 2017. 

Weirdly though, JD sports just bought a US sports brand Ashley owns, making him a cool £29m.

13 hours ago, Bears r us said:

This, all I care about is that we get the tops and kits out a.s.a.p. and couldn't care less who we deal with.

The sight of green and grey everywhere is so annoying. 

Even in braehead which should surely be our territory there's all kinds of green and grey on display. Barely a gers top to be seen. 

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Even in braehead which should surely be our territory there's all kinds of green and grey on display. Barely a gers top to be seen. 

I know mate it is annoying to say the least, but surely whoever we go with will be loaded with our gear as soon as they can. 

25 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Not sure where this JD Sports stuff has come from because at this stage no decision has been made. 

Correct, SD will make the decision at the proper time based on pure business matters.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Their contract expires on 31 July so we will have a new partner (if that's the route they are going down) on 1 August. 

SD/Ashley have first refusal on any new contract, something king failed to disclose along with the £3 million pay-off, the road will be the one SD decide on not king , either they will or won't exercise their right of first refusal.

I am leaning towards SD activating first refusal, but obviously that is only my opinion. 

I did think Ashley rolled over (all puns intended) way too easy when he had all the cards. 

So much for honesty and transparency. 

So we pay up 3m to get rid, only we don't as they can still carry on, albeit for less profit. 

Not quite the big victory mini and King told us about. 

On 04/06/2018 at 11:42, backup said:

SD/Ashley have first refusal on any new contract, something king failed to disclose along with the £3 million pay-off, the road will be the one SD decide on not king , either they will or won't exercise their right of first refusal.

I am leaning towards SD activating first refusal, but obviously that is only my opinion. 

Wouldn't surprise me given the shite that would come his way. Folk filling their baskets and offering a pound at the till :sarcasm: :megaanguish:

What would be interesting is if SD did take the retail deal - that would have the fan-boys in a right dilemma. 

22 hours ago, Guardian said:

I did think Ashley rolled over (all puns intended) way too easy when he had all the cards. 

So much for honesty and transparency. 

So we pay up 3m to get rid, only we don't as they can still carry on, albeit for less profit. 

Not quite the big victory mini and King told us about. 

Spunk a million of C1872's members money to buy 1/2 his shares - then the club enters into a further 1 year deal with him...yet it was seen as some masterstroke from King :sarcasm:

You couldn't make it up.

6 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Spunk a million of C1872's members money to buy 1/2 his shares - then the club enters into a further 1 year deal with him...yet it was seen as some masterstroke from King :sarcasm:

You couldn't make it up.

Not the best agreement granted but we were pretty much hogtied by the previous SD deal, I'm not entirely sure what other options were available to us. 

7 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Not the best agreement granted but we were pretty much hogtied by the previous SD deal, I'm not entirely sure what other options were available to us. 

...and now?

SD is probably one of the largest if not the largest sports outwear shops on the high street. If they do choose to be our outlet of choice, do we boycott them again - at the detriment of the club (again)?

8 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

What would be interesting is if SD did take the retail deal - that would have the fan-boys in a right dilemma. 

And on the contrary we will have Ashley fan-boys talking about tanks and getting rid of Newcastle to focus on Rangers to spread his brand into Europe:whistle:

37 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

...and now?

SD is probably one of the largest if not the largest sports outwear shops on the high street. If they do choose to be our outlet of choice, do we boycott them again - at the detriment of the club (again)?

Surely the boycott was down to us barely making 10 pence to the pound in the deal at the time.

If we had a proper logical deal that worked for both sides i see no problem with SD being the retailer.

1 minute ago, MattyBlue said:

Surely the boycott was down to us barely making 10 pence to the pound in the deal at the time.

If we had a proper logical deal that worked for both sides i see no problem with SD being the retailer.

High end ragtrade companies would cut your hands off for 10%= a 10p in the pound clear profit, normal is 4-8% in the pound net

10 minutes ago, backup said:

High end ragtrade companies would cut your hands off for 10%= a 10p in the pound clear profit, normal is 4-8% in the pound net

Alright i dont remember the figures, it was a shite deal for us so the boycott made sense, point still stands if we get a logical sensible deal then no problem with SD being the retailer.

C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg

1 minute ago, MattyBlue said:

Alright i dont remember the figures, it was a shite deal for us so the boycott made sense, point still stands if we get a logical sensible deal then no problem with SD being the retailer.

C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg

There was no point to the boycott I have shown you it was better than average, it starved the club of funds and lined the pockets of blue pound chasers.