JD Sports to become official retail partner

1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

I agree but it finally looks like we’ve turned a corner providing Gerrard gives us a good team

We've turned the corner every season for about the last ten years now. Fact is we've been on a gradual decline the entire time. Nothing suggests that is changing and I think its reasonable to ask about the nature of this new deal as its far from certain its better what we currently had, let alone a good deal generally. 

3 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

It was two posts relating to one occasion and where I explained that I would like to see the same set-up that King previously mentioned where ST monies would be held in an escrow account.

So, back to the current discussion or do want to continue diverting (which is the norm for you)?

Two posts in different threads on two occasions where you called for Rangers supporters to starve the current board by boycotting season tickets. 

So back to the discussion, someone started this thread with nothing more than a rumour that JD sports are to become our retail partner and soon after you and backup tried to convince us that SD have first refusal, something you clearly hope is true as it would upset the Rangers supporters who want to see the back of Ashley for good.

You also stated as fact there was no alternative to SD when Ahmed and Green signed the deal even though you are totally clueless.

8 hours ago, Gman36 said:

We've turned the corner every season for about the last ten years now. Fact is we've been on a gradual decline the entire time. Nothing suggests that is changing and I think its reasonable to ask about the nature of this new deal as its far from certain its better what we currently had, let alone a good deal generally. 

It’s £10 for every strip rather than 84p so quite a difference wouldn’t you say

7 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

Two posts in different threads on two occasions where you called for Rangers supporters to starve the current board by boycotting season tickets. 

So back to the discussion, someone started this thread with nothing more than a rumour that JD sports are to become our retail partner and soon after you and backup tried to convince us that SD have first refusal, something you clearly hope is true as it would upset the Rangers supporters who want to see the back of Ashley for good.

You also stated as fact there was no alternative to SD when Ahmed and Green signed the deal even though you are totally clueless.

The time has come to put all the petty bickering shite and picking the bones out of every deal behind us. It serves no purpose and is divisive.

Dave King is now leading from the front and I'm loving it. Good things are coming our way and much to be positive about. IMO he  is now making all the right moves. 

I do not care one jot who Dave appoints as our retail outlet. I trust his judgement and back him whomever he appoints.

Time to draw a line in the sand and let our leaders do their job. We might not like some of their decisions and no doubt they will make some wrong ones, but we are on the right course now and I give King all the credit for that. We've had six years of chewing  wasps and disappontments, like treading in molasses. It's now done with.

King has now driven change from top to bottom at a stroke and it was needed. Who would have thought that Murray would have bitten the dust under King?!  The timing was perfect and it looks like no more prisoners. He has gone for it and now we might be able to enjoy the football without all the boardroom hystrionics.

IMO the Stevie G brand and Rangers is a master stroke that will reap many benefits. A new spring in the step, an extra yard for the players and my chest is pouting a little more in light of all the recent events.

The fucking taigs are apoplectic and I'm wetting my fucking pampers at them.

We are witnessing a revolution. Maybe not as grand as the coming of Souness, but every hater in the land has been put on notice.

Time to unite behind this board and let this corrupt backwater see who we really are and what we are all about for the first time in a long time. That doesn't equal complacency, but just let our leaders do their job and we the support give our team the turbo boost on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

£10 for every strip sold rather than 84p

I see a new world rag trade return of 20% on a £50 top, how is the 10 profit distrubuted, does the retailer receive anything gross or net, or does it all flow into the Ibrox coffers ?

10 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Can't be worse than we had under Ashley, but you are correct to say we should ensure it is a good deal before getting overly excited. If I remember correctly we used to make c. £2m to £3m profit from merchandising pre 2012 and it was about 100k under Ashley. 

If the new deal delivers back at the pre 2012 levels then that is progress. 

11 hours ago, backup said:

how much more? considering a new deal any new deal cannot be signed until after the expiry of the present deal, also only if SD do not excercise their option.

Is it documented anywhere that SD have an option. My understanding was the current board were going to go to court to get the contract "set aside" as the directors who entered it did not have Rangers interest to the fore. In order to avoid this and his Directors being accused of not carrying out their fiduciary duties Ashley agreed to cancel the contract. It does not make any logical sense for the current board to allow a clause where SD have first option on any new contract as part of that settlement. 

9 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Can't be worse than we had under Ashley, but you are correct to say we should ensure it is a good deal before getting overly excited. If I remember correctly we used to make c. £2m to £3m profit from merchandising pre 2012 and it was about 100k under Ashley. 

If the new deal delivers back at the pre 2012 levels then that is progress. 

Let's put it this way. King is no charity and as wide as the Clyde. Whatever deal he has got and no matter with whom, it will be the best that we can get and we have to be happy with that.

Let them do their job.

1 hour ago, backup said:

I see a new world rag trade return of 20% on a £50 top, how is the 10 profit distrubuted, does the retailer receive anything gross or net, or does it all flow into the Ibrox coffers ?

Supposedly we get £10 for every top sold and j.d also paid ya for rights to sell tops in their shops.

3m per season off Hummel plus the thousands tops we see your looking at 4-6mil this season id say.

18 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Is it documented anywhere that SD have an option. My understanding was the current board were going to go to court to get the contract "set aside" as the directors who entered it did not have Rangers interest to the fore. In order to avoid this and his Directors being accused of not carrying out their fiduciary duties Ashley agreed to cancel the contract. It does not make any logical sense for the current board to allow a clause where SD have first option on any new contract as part of that settlement. 

your understanding bears no relation to what happened in court or indeed immedialely after.

8 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Supposedly we get £10 for every top sold and j.d also paid ya for rights to sell tops in their shops.

3m per season off Hummel plus the thousands tops we see your looking at 4-6mil this season id say.

We will not receive £3 million per season from anyone, never mind hummel.

17 minutes ago, backup said:

We will not receive £3 million per season from anyone, never mind hummel.

Our retail activity in season 2009/10 was revenue of c. 21m with a profit of £3m. Can you explain why we cannot get back to these levels. Genuinely interested in why you cannot see us generating £2m - £3m profit from merchandising when the team across the city can generate £5m profit selling Grey and White tops. . 

3 minutes ago, backup said:

king/murray lost in court paying SD/Ashley £3 million and promptly signed another deal with SD.

Can you provide me a link. Any research I do shows SD pulling out of the court case as the Judge was clearly favouring King in the exchanges and the unfair nature of the contract became more and more clear. Rangers had tore up the contract and SD tried to sue King over it, but eventually pulled out of his legal action. I can find no record of any payment from Rangers to SD and certainly no reference to a new contract.  

22 minutes ago, jintybear said:

giphy-5.gif

Our friend @Blue Avenger has seen the light Jinty and is a King convert. 

I have enjoyed the attacks on the haters but not going overboard just yet. Dave has a bit more to do yet for me to be getting too excited. :happy:

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

Our retail activity in season 2009/10 was revenue of c. 21m with a profit of £3m. Can you explain why we cannot get back to these levels. Genuinely interested in why you cannot see us generating £2m - £3m profit from merchandising when the team across the city can generate £5m profit selling Grey and White tops. . 

The dont generate 5mill profit, they actually make a loss on their retail. 

The 5mill comes from their shirt deal. 

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

Can you provide me a link. Any research I do shows SD pulling out of the court case as the Judge was clearly favouring King in the exchanges and the unfair nature of the contract became more and more clear. Rangers had tore up the contract and SD tried to sue King over it, but eventually pulled out of his legal action. I can find no record of any payment from Rangers to SD and certainly no reference to a new contract.  

You been on Mars for the last year???

52 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Our friend @Blue Avenger has seen the light Jinty and is a King convert. 

I have enjoyed the attacks on the haters but not going overboard just yet. Dave has a bit more to do yet for me to be getting too excited. :happy:

It’s a bigger turn around than The Pope turning up on The 12th in his sash and a bowler hat.