Welcome to Rangers Ovie Ejaria

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Sort of done ok = pish in a world where managers never talk bad of players in public 

He’s unlikely to say anyone was great following relegation though?.  I’d think. 

To each there own but for me Liverpool giving him a new deal is of more interest than comments from anyone connected to  that Sunderland team last year. I’m not saying they should be dismissed irrelevant however tough circumstances for a 19/ 20 year old to go into. 

It does surprise me how many people want to take on board the comments coming out of Sunderland whilst paying little heid to his progress at Liverpool. 

Not aiming that at you just a general observation. 

2 minutes ago, markem said:

He’s unlikely to say anyone was great following relegation though?.  I’d think. 

To each there own but for me Liverpool giving him a new deal is of more interest than comments from anyone connected to  that Sunderland team last year. I’m not saying they should be dismissed irrelevant however tough circumstances for a 19/ 20 year old to go into. 

It does surprise me how many people want to take on board the comments coming out of Sunderland whilst paying little heid to his progress at Liverpool. 

Not aiming that at you just a general observation. 

The new contract at Liverpool is a red herring 

how many players get it and don’t make it at all the EPL clubs ? I’m not saying he won’t make it, I’m saying I’m paying zero attention to it 

I’m sure Liverpool even wanted to give Rossiter a new contract and he wanted first team football 

regards soeaking highly of a player in a relegated team, as I said I’ve rarely heard a manager or coach come out and slaughter a player even in a relegation side that comment is far from praise as far as I’m concerned 

however if people want to say he’s young, was in a struggling side so difficult to gauge how good or bad he might be that’s fine by me - I just expect a bit more to get me excited 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The new contract at Liverpool is a red herring 

how many players get it and don’t make it at all the EPL clubs ? I’m not saying he won’t make it, I’m saying I’m paying zero attention to it 

I’m sure Liverpool even wanted to give Rossiter a new contract and he wanted first team football 

regards soeaking highly of a player in a relegated team, as I said I’ve rarely heard a manager or coach come out and slaughter a player even in a relegation side that comment is far from praise as far as I’m concerned 

however if people want to say he’s young, was in a struggling side so difficult to gauge how good or bad he might be that’s fine by me - I just expect a bit more to get me excited 

It’s far from praise I agree but it’s far from slaughtered him.  Granted though ‘done alright’ isn’t glowing.  

Lets hope we get a bit more, there is plenty time. 

Point taken about contracts however Klopps had a look at this lad, gave him 1st team football and since a new contract. 

Just think we need to keep the heid a bit, a week the gaffer has been in.  

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

In fairness I think he becomes a good addition in amongst a flurry of top signings as/when/if they happen 

You become more accepting of a player like that in amongst a glut of better signings as the overall picture looks ok ... like when we signed Boli, Laudrup and Alan McLaren who I rated then I think there was Bollan and Cleland who signed too who I wasn’t fussed on (although Cleland went on to do well) overall you take a step back and look at it on paper on and go Laudrup, Boli, McLaren, Cleland and Bollan and you become more accepting of the 2 you didn’t want to sign as it’s part of a bigger picture 

if that makes sense - it’s difficult to explain 

I’m hoping that’s what happens and he’s a low risk loan signing in amongst a flurry of top additions 

I know exactly what you mean & it does make sense.

You’d kind of hope some (or any) of the bigger name signings would be made early on, then we’d find it easier to accept the odd squad filler.

When they do it this way around, we can’t help but wonder where the quality we need is going to come from.

8 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Another player in and we still haven't spent a penny of the 20m war chest some said Gerrard mustve been offered for him to have come here...

Hopefully the penny is starting to drop that whilst there will be some money to spend, it won't be huge amounts. This is how we operate nowadays with primarily free transfers and loans.

Oh and good luck and welcome to the lad.

The transfer window doesnt open til the 9th June.

So I dont think we can spend any money yet. Only free agents and loans at the moment.

I maybe wrong though, Can we sign players from other league's if their windows are opened?

The Manager must rate him otherwise why do the deal.   A big opportunity for the lad to improve his game under Gerrard's management......and prove he has what it takes to be a top player.  He's being given a great opportunity.  I'd like to suppose a lot of young very good players would like the opportunity to prove their worth under Gerrard's leadership....but few will be chosen.   I hope he turns out to be a superb loan signing.   

34 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

If this is the type of signing we're hoping to topple celtic with then we'll all be old and grey before we get a sniff of 55.

Basically......................... he's shite.

Plays for his country, is rated by Liverpool, signed by Gerrard but basically he’s shite? 

Gie it a rest and give the lad a chance and the manager.  

1 minute ago, KingKennyMiller said:

I concur.

I’d bet you know anything between fuck all to very little about the lad. If he starts poorly you’ll claim validated and if he’s good you’ll be glad to be wrong.   Seen it all before - you’ve made your point you don’t rate him, what about trust the manager and give the lad a go?  

I do not believe you’ve seen anywhere enough of him to be justified in such a strong opinion.  

Just now, markem said:

I’d bet you know anything between fuck all to very little about the lad. If he starts poorly you’ll claim validated and if he’s good you’ll be glad to be wrong.   Seen it all before - you’ve made your point you don’t rate him, what about trust the manager and give the lad a go?  

I do not believe you’ve seen anywhere enough of him to be justified in such a strong opinion.  

Hiv. He's shite.

We'd have been better off signing Glen Kamara who's a better all-round player.

Loan signings like this rarely work out. Zelalem, Dom Ball, Oduwa etc etc....

The defence rests m'laud.....:pipe:

4 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Hiv. He's shite.

We'd have been better off signing Glen Kamara who's a better all-round player.

Loan signings like this rarely work out. Zelalem, Dom Ball, Oduwa etc etc....

The defence rests m'laud.....:pipe:

Him and Kamara are completely different players though, Kamara's a defensive midfielder while Ejaria's an attacking midfielder.

Btw I’ve just watched a couple of YouTube videos for him playing (meh in one and pretty badly in the other) for Liverpool against Herta Berlin and Athletico Bilbao and he’s playing a holding midfielders role in both these games 

I’ve seen a few people say he’s an attacking midfielder - did he change position when he went to Sunderland? Or is his position holding midfielder? 

9 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

The Manager must rate him otherwise why do the deal.   A big opportunity for the lad to improve his game under Gerrard's management......and prove he has what it takes to be a top player.  He's being given a great opportunity.  I'd like to suppose a lot of young very good players would like the opportunity to prove their worth under Gerrard's leadership....but few will be chosen.   I hope he turns out to be a superb loan signing.   

Agreed but your opening line  ,if mark Allen wasn’t at the club I’d fully agree but I honestly think if Gerrard was solely in charge of signings he’d only have signed Greegs so far out the new recruits 

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Agreed but your opening line  ,if mark Allen wasn’t at the club I’d fully agree but I honestly think if Gerrard was solely in charge of signings he’d only have signed Greegs so far out the new recruits 

He’d have signed none of them