Welcome to Rangers Ovie Ejaria

19 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

If this is the type of signing we're hoping to topple celtic with then we'll all be old and grey before we get a sniff of 55.

Basically......................... he's shite.

Already old and going well grey so I hope that's a good sign.

10 hours ago, thehost said:

An old, bang on average, goalkeeper..... nah I doubt they would be beating his door down.

i c0nfidently predict he will be no better than Wes, this coming season. I also think folk would have gone ballistic if he hadn’t previously played for us. Heck even when he did play for us he was nothing better than OK. 

:lol: Stick to the boardroom mate.

Interesting comment from Chris Coleman

“It’s hard for him because he’s come out of under-23 football playing for Liverpool in games where they dominate and come to us, bottom of a brutal league, which is very physical, but he’s coped very well. He’s very brave in possession.

“He’s done well but there’s more to come from him. I think he’ll get better and better with the more games he plays but he’s a good player.”

Well, he is certainly coming to a brutal league in Scotland, it is also very physical, too many folk who haven't seen much of the lad already writing him off. 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Interesting comment from Chris Coleman

“It’s hard for him because he’s come out of under-23 football playing for Liverpool in games where they dominate and come to us, bottom of a brutal league, which is very physical, but he’s coped very well. He’s very brave in possession.

“He’s done well but there’s more to come from him. I think he’ll get better and better with the more games he plays but he’s a good player.”

Well, he is certainly coming to a brutal league in Scotland, it is also very physical, too many folk who haven't seen much of the lad already writing him off. 

Tbh they comments don't surprise me as the 2 video compliations I watched of him for Liverpool against Berlin and Bilbao he struggled against a strong midfield where he didn't have a lot of time on the ball .... that's that's exactly what it will be like in Scotland for him ... hope it's not a sign of Gerrard doing what other managers have done and under-estimating the strength as in physicality of the league as that's exactly where this lad will struggle IMO ... someone said Zelalem and that's a good comparison because he may have good technique and natural ability, but in this league you'll struggle to do anything.

I know that's negative but I'd be amazed if this lad produces a return especially as he's only potential.

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Tbh they comments don't surprise me as the 2 video compliations I watched of him for Liverpool against Berlin and Bilbao he struggled against a strong midfield where he didn't have a lot of time on the ball .... that's that's exactly what it will be like in Scotland for him ... hope it's not a sign of Gerrard doing what other managers have done and under-estimating the strength as in physicality of the league as that's exactly where this lad will struggle IMO ... someone said Zelalem and that's a good comparison because he may have good technique and natural ability, but in this league you'll struggle to do anything.

I know that's negative but I'd be amazed if this lad produces a return especially as he's only potential.

No idea what he is going to produce but was encouraged by the comments that he handled the physicality of playing in the Championship, guess time will tell.

What happened to Zelalem post-Rangers?

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

No idea what he is going to produce but was encouraged by the comments that he handled the physicality of playing in the Championship, guess time will tell.

What happened to Zelalem post-Rangers?

Both Sunderland fans I spoke to said he struggled in Championship with them tbh. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Both Sunderland fans I spoke to said he struggled in Championship with them tbh. 

They were a very poor team and wholly disfunctional club...should prepare him well for next season with us.

3 hours ago, gsa said:

That's fairly slight. I haven't seen 75kg since I was 14.

That was roughly my playing weight, but I'm only 170 cm and this guy is reportedly close to 183cm, but from what I've read of him, he's fairly robust, so it will be interesting to see how he handles the hammer throwers in Scottish football.

7 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

I know we have had some fairly sub standard loans in the last couple of seasons but lets give this lad a chance before we label him a failure.

No-one's labelled him a failure at Rangers though.

You like so many others on here throw them terms about to shut down debate and opinion you don't like because it's not as positive as you'd like.

It's a forum, we've signed someone who doesn't appear to be that great a player (unless you think Liverpool giving him a new contract is the be all and end all when it comes to the good player stakes)

Some folk won't be happy until we just wank over every player we sign or are linked too just because it pleases them more than honest opinion does. 

6 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Ffs oz I knew we had a good few but not that many.  Hopefully start shipping the ones not needed out as soon as possible. 

I guess it's up to each individual to decide what is a "Midfielder" and what is a "Forward" in modern football, but here are our current players that could be described as such that we have in our "First team squad" who have either played in the first team, or who we have recently signed for the coming season.

Ryan Jack, Josh Windass, Graham Dorrans, Jordan Rossiter, Joe Dodoo, Andy Halliday, Jason Holt, Daniel Candeias, Jamie Murphy, Father Ted O'Halloran, Jamie Barjonas, Scott Arfield, Liam Burt, Greg Docherty, Ovie Ejaria, Harry Forrester; and I guess you could class Ross McCrorie in that bracket on recent appearances.

So, Billy Boy, who would you class as "midfielders" and who would you like to keep from that lot? :hmmm::pipe:

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No-one's labelled him a failure at Rangers though.

You like so many others on here throw them terms about to shut down debate and opinion you don't like because it's not as positive as you'd like.

It's a forum, we've signed someone who doesn't appear to be that great a player (unless you think Liverpool giving him a new contract is the be all and end all when it comes to the good player stakes)

Some folk won't be happy until we just wank over every player we sign or are linked too just because it pleases them more than honest opinion does. 

You're right no one has labelled him a failure at Rangers as yet. However some yourself included have raised doubt as to his suitability to the SPFL when he has not had a chance to prove himself either way.

I am not as you claim trying to shut down debate over a players ability, merely stating my opinion based on the fact that Gerrard thinks he may be able to improve our squad for next season and I would value Gerrards opinion slightly above any on here.

That is my honest opinion and I don't care whether you like it or not.

13 hours ago, Ozblue said:

I guess it's up to each individual to decide what is a "Midfielder" and what is a "Forward" in modern football, but here are our current players that could be described as such that we have in our "First team squad" who have either played in the first team, or who we have recently signed for the coming season.

Ryan Jack, Josh Windass, Graham Dorrans, Jordan Rossiter, Joe Dodoo, Andy Halliday, Jason Holt, Daniel Candeias, Jamie Murphy, Father Ted O'Halloran, Jamie Barjonas, Scott Arfield, Liam Burt, Greg Docherty, Ovie Ejaria, Harry Forrester; and I guess you could class Ross McCrorie in that bracket on recent appearances.

So, Billy Boy, who would you class as "midfielders" and who would you like to keep from that lot? :hmmm::pipe:

Definitely keep mccrorie, Jack, arfield,and ovie, as they are new additions Docherty, Murphy, rossiter, windass if he stops hiding in games, candeias, and Dorran , s that would be it for me the rest can leave. I like wee holt but he's lightweight and inconsistent maybe see what he is like with the new manager but that's it. Who would you keep oz ? 

10 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Definitely keep mccrorie, Jack, arfield,and ovie, as they are new additions Docherty, Murphy, rossiter, windass if he stops hiding in games, candeias, and Dorran , s that would be it for me the rest can leave. I like wee holt but he's lightweight and inconsistent maybe see what he is like with the new manager but that's it. Who would you keep oz ? 

Probably not much different from you, BB. McCrorie has a great future ahead of him and Jack has been a bit unlucky, so he's worth keeping. Murphy will be a good buy but I would have him playing through the middle as he gets too isolated out on the left. Dorrans has had a difficult start with us, but I put that down to our team pattern and I'm not sure he was 100% fit either, yet he's scored 5 goals from 15 games in the league so I'd keep him. Candeias is a bit of an enigma who can infuriate you one minute and love him the next, but by fuck, he puts a shift in, so I'd definitely keep him at least in the squad.

Windass is another enigma who infuriates me more times than I like him because although he has the talent he is either lazy or has a heart the size of a pea. If he is just lazy then that can be rectified, in which case he is worth keeping; but if it's the latter then nothing will ever rectify that, so he should be sold, and I don't think it will take Gerrard, McAllister or Beale long to figure out which one it is.

Rossiter is definitely one I would keep because I've been raving about that kid since I watched him play for the EnglandU/19's and he was unbelievable, but as we well know his medical problems have blighted his career, much the same as they reportedly did with a young Stevie Gerrard; He is fearless and isn't scared to go in where it hurts, so if he can stay injury free he will be an important player for Gerrard.

Put it this way; You don't play for the Liverpool U/19's as a 15 year old and be captain of that side at 17 years of age in the UEFA Youth League, plus as a 16 year old you are a permanent fixture in the Liverpool   U/21 Premier League side and that season be named the Liverpool Academy player of the year if you haven't got talent.

Holt, I would sell because although he tries hard, he just isn't good enough. We are Rumoured to be looking at more midfielders, plus we have the likes of Middleton, and young Barjonas coming through, so I think Jason will go. As for the others, I will just be glad to get them off the payroll.

10 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Probably not much different from you, BB. McCrorie has a great future ahead of him and Jack has been a bit unlucky, so he's worth keeping. Murphy will be a good buy but I would have him playing through the middle as he gets too isolated out on the left. Dorrans has had a difficult start with us, but I put that down to our team pattern and I'm not sure he was 100% fit either, yet he's scored 5 goals from 15 games in the league so I'd keep him. Candeias is a bit of an enigma who can infuriate you one minute and love him the next, but by fuck, he puts a shift in, so I'd definitely keep him at least in the squad.

Windass is another enigma who infuriates me more times than I like him because although he has the talent he is either lazy or has a heart the size of a pea. If he is just lazy then that can be rectified, in which case he is worth keeping; but if it's the latter then nothing will ever rectify that, so he should be sold, and I don't think it will take Gerrard, McAllister or Beale long to figure out which one it is.

Rossiter is definitely one I would keep because I've been raving about that kid since I watched him play for the EnglandU/19's and he was unbelievable, but as we well know his medical problems have blighted his career, much the same as they reportedly did with a young Stevie Gerrard; He is fearless and isn't scared to go in where it hurts, so if he can stay injury free he will be an important player for Gerrard.

Put it this way; You don't play for the Liverpool U/19's as a 15 year old and be captain of that side at 17 years of age in the UEFA Youth League, plus as a 16 year old you are a permanent fixture in the Liverpool   U/21 Premier League side and that season be named the Liverpool Academy player of the year if you haven't got talent.

Holt, I would sell because although he tries hard, he just isn't good enough. We are Rumoured to be looking at more midfielders, plus we have the likes of Middleton, and young Barjonas coming through, so I think Jason will go. As for the others, I will just be glad to get them off the payroll.

Mate re Rossiter I could go and find guys who’s all looked decent at his youth level some of which at big EPL teams who have went on to have underwhelming careers with teams like Motherwell, Thistle, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc the fact for me is that outwith a good 50 or so minutes against Hibs a few weeks ago he’s shown nothing in the 9 other appearances for us

Im not actually writing him off either, I’d like to see him fit and what Gerrard has in store but it’s more a chance to win me over rather than being impressed with him as a player - the small amount of times I seen him with Liverpool and England unders he didn’t impress me in the sense that he’s not combative enough or probing enough on the ball to make a difference for us, similar to what I’ve seen from this other Liverpool kid we’ve took on loan 

I’d be happy to keep Holt as a no frills squad option at best tho Barjonas is a terrible player on a par with Robbie Crawford ability wise 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Mate re Rossiter I could go and find guys who’s all looked decent at his youth level some of which at big EPL teams who have went on to have underwhelming careers with teams like Motherwell, Thistle, Aberdeen, Dundee United etc the fact for me is that outwith a good 50 or so minutes against Hibs a few weeks ago he’s shown nothing in the 9 other appearances for us

Im not actually writing him off either, I’d like to see him fit and what Gerrard has in store but it’s more a chance to win me over rather than being impressed with him as a player - the small amount of times I seen him with Liverpool and England unders he didn’t impress me in the sense that he’s not combative enough or probing enough on the ball to make a difference for us, similar to what I’ve seen from this other Liverpool kid we’ve took on loan 

I’d be happy to keep Holt as a no frills squad option at best tho Barjonas is a terrible player on a par with Robbie Crawford ability wise 

I agree Kai I know he is young but I have not been impressed by barjonas anytime I watched him in games. And if it was a choice between him and holt I would rather keep holt as a squad player.

12 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Hopefully the gaffer knows who he wants to keep and who to let go by now. And once he gets back to work things begin to happen. We really need to get the defence sorted first as although we were not very good last season we still scored lots of goals and would have  been a lot more had we not missed the amount of easy chances we missed throughout the season. So for me if we tighten up the defence and add another two out and out strikers and with the midfielders we have we will definitely give the scum a challenge this time around.

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I certainly agree with you on that one, Mate; God knows I've coached enough of them myself as they look like world-beaters at 19 and end up like panel-beaters at 21. In Rossiter's case, I'm giving the kid the benefit of the doubt because I don't think you can get a true indication of his ability from the games he played last season as I'm positive he was carrying those problems when he signed for us and they just got worse the more he tried. I haven't a clue about this other kid we've signed, so I guess we will have to wait and see if we can trust Gerrard, McAllister, and or DoF on their signings.

As for Barjonas, I've only seen him once, so if he's that bad, why do so many people rate him, and that includes our academy coaches? My opinion of Holt was depending on what other midfielders we are (rumoured) to be hunting; I like wee Holt, but if we are going to step up our level we need better quality.

Just my opinion.

11 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I agree Kai I know he is young but I have not been impressed by barjonas anytime I watched him in games. And if it was a choice between him and holt I would rather keep holt as a squad player.

Hopefully the gaffer knows who he wants to keep and who to let go by now. And once he gets back to work things begin to happen. We really need to get the defence sorted first as although we were not very good last season we still scored lots of goals and would have  been a lot more had we not missed the amount of easy chances we missed throughout the season. So for me if we tighten up the defence and add another two out and out strikers and with the midfielders we have we will definitely give the scum a challenge this time around.

That would have to be the understatement of the season, mate! Our defence was fucking abysmal and I honestly thought the first thing the DoF and Gerrard would have prioritised was to get at least three proper central defenders in, followed by at least another two fullbacks who can fucking defend, but it looks like we seem to be concentrating more on midfielders. I know it's not as simple as it sounds trying to buy quality central defenders, for several reasons, but if we are going to have any chance of winning this title, we need that back line strengthened big time.

5 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Anyone else get the feeling Gerrard is yet again someone who has came up here and hugely underestimated our league?.

I have a horrible feeling for next season. 

Because of one loan signing?

Calm down and let’s see what else transpires over the next few weeks/months 

6 hours ago, Ozblue said:

That would have to be the understatement of the season, mate! Our defence was fucking abysmal and I honestly thought the first thing the DoF and Gerrard would have prioritised was to get at least three proper central defenders in, followed by at least another two fullbacks who can fucking defend, but it looks like we seem to be concentrating more on midfielders. I know it's not as simple as it sounds trying to buy quality central defenders, for several reasons, but if we are going to have any chance of winning this title, we need that back line strengthened big time.

Agreed mate hopefully McGregor will make a difference in goals. But definitely need to get new centre backs and I would say cover for both full back positions also. The defence should and I think will be Gerrards main concern I would say midfield is the last position we need strenghened defence and two goalscorers needed for definite as the goals we shipped and the chances we missed throughout last season and before have been horrendous.once we get both defence and up front sorted then we can at last have a chance of winning 55 here's hoping anyway.