Welcome to Rangers Ovie Ejaria

6 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Anyone else get the feeling Gerrard is yet again someone who has came up here and hugely underestimated our league?.

I have a horrible feeling for next season. 

Our league is truly dreadful so I don't get why all these well paid players and managers have struggled so much, it's a fucking joke.

Gerrard will be different I'm sure. He has a cracking support team behind him that will help and he's a natural winner. Then there's the supporters willing them on like only we can.

Let's see where we are come August before we hit the panic button.

44 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Agreed mate hopefully McGregor will make a difference in goals. But definitely need to get new centre backs and I would say cover for both full back positions also. The defence should and I think will be Gerrards main concern I would say midfield is the last position we need strenghened defence and two goalscorers needed for definite as the goals we shipped and the chances we missed throughout last season and before have been horrendous.once we get both defence and up front sorted then we can at last have a chance of winning 55 here's hoping anyway.

I can guarantee you that our defence will be Stevie G's main concern, but the big question is; can he get the finance required AND be able to persuade decent defenders to join us in what basically is a shit league?

McGregor may or may not make a difference in goals, but we could have had Gordon Banks, Lev Yashin, and the Goalie between the sticks together the last 2 years and they would have struggled with that fucking defence we've had. The number of goals we conceded in competitive games, not including the scum or Europe, was a fucking embarrassment and an indication of just how bad we were at defending. We shipped 45 goals against utter fucking dross and when you do that, your chances of winning anything is fucking zilch.

Fucking Stevie Wonder could see where our problem lies, never mind Stevie Gerrard.

8 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I can guarantee you that our defence will be Stevie G's main concern, but the big question is; can he get the finance required AND be able to persuade decent defenders to join us in what basically is a shit league?

McGregor may or may not make a difference in goals, but we could have had Gordon Banks, Lev Yashin, and the Goalie between the sticks together the last 2 years and they would have struggled with that fucking defence we've had. The number of goals we conceded in competitive games, not including the scum or Europe, was a fucking embarrassment and an indication of just how bad we were at defending. We shipped 45 goals against utter fucking dross and when you do that, your chances of winning anything is fucking zilch.

Fucking Stevie Wonder could see where our problem lies, never mind Stevie Gerrard.

Aye but we had wonderful pitch geography, our possession was better against most teams and all our camels got on the same bus. So in that sense it can't be that bad.

4 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Aye but we had wonderful pitch geography, our possession was better against most teams and all our camels got on the same bus. So in that sense it can't be that bad.

Under Warburton in the lower leagues, our pitch geography was a thing of beauty, with possession you would die for, but unfortunately, under Pedro the plonker and Murty the muddler, we became possessed and some cunt decided to move the geographic borders on the Atlas and we ended up stranded in the Desert with no fucking Camels.

Well here's hoping that all these issues will be addressed this coming season but once again it's going to come down to who we sign and how much of a budget the manager gets. And obviously if Stevie g can actually do the job along with all his backroom staff. It's exciting but it's worrying at the same time as under king and co I can't see him being given the funds that will be required. we just have to hope that he can get rid of all the dross still currently on our books to free up more revenue And hopefully he gets to build his own team.

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Good point, well made. 

2 minutes ago, roboscot said:

Good point, well made. 

In my book, mate, any coach/manager worth his salt should realise that if you leave your back door wide open with nobody protecting it, some cunt is going to rob you and that's exactly what Pedro and Murty couldn't get into their thick head, so we got duffed time and time again.