Wee boys and football tops

21 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Just because that's what you see doesn't make it true, or true elsewhere.

Do you have kids, do you help coach youth football? I've got 2 lads, both at non denom school, and there's more scum fans in their classes than Rangers. At their 5 aside birthday parties my 2 are always wearing Rangers but plenty times have been the only ones compared to plenty scum.

At our boys club all the wee beggar school kids support them and wear their tops loads, very few wee bears by comparison. Think there's 3 Rangers ST holder kids compared to 12 scum ST holders in the age group I coach out of 30.

There is plenty accuracy in what the OP is saying about strips, and we need to get success again and strips on sale as too many potential wee bears support the winning teams for feel good factors be it the scum, city, made it or whoever.

There is a responsibility on all of us to ensure our kids support  our team . It needs to be done early . 

None of this pish “ oh let them suppport who they want “ .  Too many have been too liberal . Do you think scum suppprters allow their kids to be bears - of course they don’t 

There are no excuses for allowing your kids to be scum fans . Fuck all. You are a cunt if you allow your kid to support them 

45 minutes ago, Gallows high said:

There is a responsibility on all of us to ensure our kids support  our team . It needs to be done early . 

None of this pish “ oh let them suppport who they want “ .  Too many have been too liberal . Do you think scum suppprters allow their kids to be bears - of course they don’t 

There are no excuses for allowing your kids to be scum fans . Fuck all. You are a cunt if you allow your kid to support them 

I'm liking the cut of your jib:tu:

I know a mother who refuses to let her boy wear a Rangers top for fear he's going to come to harm when he's out playing. He can wear English or foreign tops, just not Rangers. The husband is a wee gimpy type who won't go against her, just shrugs his shoulders. I wonder how much of the decline is down to over protective mothers and limp wristed fathers.

i think once he goes to ibrox he will fall in love with the club. 

my family is split between Rangers/celtic. mums side are all catholic/celtic/irish and my dads protestant/Rangers/scottish (let's not get into how they got together lol). so for the first few years of my life i kinda didn't belong in either or. my dad refused to put up with any of my mums family involving me in anything celtic. he took me to ibrox one night we played Parma (1999 if i remember right) and that was it for me and i fell in love. it is one of the fondest memories i have of my dad and i will forever be grateful that he took me there that night. 

we all have a duty to help bring a new generation to our club. when i have my own kids they will be taken to ibrox and be brought up Rangers fans.

It's difficult finding the line between encouragement and forcing it.

I've bought my daughter tops, took her to games, told her all about Rangers etc etc, but I started to notice her getting bored at our games (like everyone else) and she would see me and everyone else getting annoyed and angry at the team. It started to become a negative thing to get so i stopped taking her and won't force her to go. I'll take her again when she asks to go. But will keep buying her tops etc. I just don't want to put her off.

If I see young kids at games or in the WRC i often give them a quid or something as my daughter used to love that, I started taking her in the lower leagues during the boycott and folk would always come up and give her a pound :lol: it's wee things like that and buying tops that keep kids enjoying supporting Rangers. because watching a game can be boring as a kid especially our games

11 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Kids hardly wear footy tops out and about nowdays. They aren't fashionable. Cool if you are going to watch your team or playing sports though.

A lot of kids support more than one team too. It's much more complicated than than we were kids.

I've had folk say it's weird that I don't support any other clubs, like just cause you support a Scottish team means you need to also support someone from a bigger league, it's funny how these Scottish supporters of English teams all support Chelsea or Liverpool and not Stanley Accrington or other wee clubs.Glory hunting is what it is imo.

my daughter's family supports English teams and she seems to think she supports Man U and Man City :lol: I tell her she can support them if she likes but she's a Bear and those other teams don't matter and we are much better than them, and that they've been thanking their lucky stars we've not been in the champions league cause we'd hump them :lol:

Was at Glasgow airport waiting on someone today.  Place is crawling with taigs wearing tops 90% are middle aged men and women. I know this is posted frequently but these people are completely mental it’s clearly the only rags they possess.  

On holiday in Cyprus last week, never seen a Rangers or peado top tbh, full of Russians, flight home, 2 wee ugly ginger heided bastards with the tarrier top on, that was it.

On 09/06/2018 at 11:59, Courtyard Bear said:

Keep fighting the good fight mate, and if that doesn’t work let us know where his uncles live. 

2 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

On holiday in Cyprus last week, never seen a Rangers or peado top tbh, full of Russians, flight home, 2 wee ugly ginger heided bastards with the tarrier top on, that was it.

Got a flight home from holiday once and the whole fucking family (8 of them) got on the plane.