Europa league 1st qualifier draw

lewisrfc93

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fucking pathetic and a complete fucking joke from our so-called travel partner. 

Some business partnership this is. Rangers should be looking to see if there's another travel company they can use and invoke any grace period in their recently signed contract. But they won't as they don't really give a fuck about the fans, either.

I hope this hurts them going forward and no-one uses them. If it's not enough they fleece fans anyway, the fans could put up with that as it was a convienence aspect to everything they did i.e in and out, no holidays (or just 1 day needed at work), ticket on flight with no need to go to hotel etc but they aren't even getting that.

I have a lot of pals checking every day waiting to book Thomas Cook now they are all fucked.

On another note, has anyone gambled for Osijek next round? a few of us have .. think we've done it for about £160 return which I'm happy with gamble-wise and we've done it a way that even if the Moldovan's get through, we can still get a flight from where we change to Moldova so it limits the gamble a good bit... if Rangers get put out I'll just go for a couple days holiday in Croatia instead.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's fucking pathetic and a complete fucking joke from our so-called travel partner. 

Some business partnership this is. Rangers should be looking to see if there's another travel company they can use and invoke any grace period in their recently signed contract. But they won't as they don't really give a fuck about the fans, either.

I hope this hurts them going forward and no-one uses them. If it's not enough they fleece fans anyway, the fans could put up with that as it was a convienence aspect to everything they did i.e in and out, no holidays (or just 1 day needed at work), ticket on flight with no need to go to hotel etc but they aren't even getting that.

I have a lot of pals checking every day waiting to book Thomas Cook now they are all fucked.

On another note, has anyone gambled for Osijek next round? a few of us have .. think we've done it for about £160 return which I'm happy with gamble-wise and we've done it a way that even if the Moldovan's get through, we can still get a flight from where we change to Moldova so it limits the gamble a good bit... if Rangers get put out I'll just go for a couple days holiday in Croatia instead.

Are you flying from Glasgow? 

12 minutes ago, PRW. said:

What a fuckin shambles.

Anyone finds any decent routes still available get them posted

Agreed. I know people like to keep good routes to themselves if they've got mates still to book up so the price doesn't rise and the essentially shaft themselves but we should all work to help each other out and get lads out there.

For what it's worth here's my route (think it was £200'ish but it obviously won't be that price anymore) 

Edinburgh to Budapest - 16th July (15.15pm) - Ryanair.
Budapest to Skopje - 17th July (06.25am) - WizzAir.
Skopje to Luton - 18th July (06.05) - WizzAir.
Birmingham to Glasgow - 18th July (12.30) - FlyBe.

Early starts on way back but I'm working that night and don't have a lot of holiday's so I'm happy.

Also I was just re-reading the Rangers statement - it says lack of available aircraft is the reason for the non-trip ... how amateurish is that? a major travel company can't get an Aircraft .. something not right with that.

The Rangers email does not state lack of available aircraft:

Limited aircraft availability at this time would result in excessively high costs therefore the Club and Thomas Cook Sport have agreed it would be unfair and impractical to impose this on our loyal travel support. Our supporters deserve and expect the best value options which, on this occasion, we are unable to provide.

Seems some folk just like a good moan. They could provide flights but they would be very expensive.

12 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

The Rangers email does not state lack of available aircraft:

Limited aircraft availability at this time would result in excessively high costs therefore the Club and Thomas Cook Sport have agreed it would be unfair and impractical to impose this on our loyal travel support. Our supporters deserve and expect the best value options which, on this occasion, we are unable to provide.

Seems some folk just like a good moan. They could provide flights but they would be very expensive.

Some folk just like a good moan? listen, these guys are the official Rangers Travel partner, who only a week or so ago made a big thing about getting us to games and putting on the big speil ... a lot of boys have held off booking anything to book with Thomas Cook who now say 8-days after the draws made they can't facilitate the trip meaning these guys are probably going to have to pay silly money now. It's not fair.

In fact limited aircraft availability sounds even worse, it means they've access to crafts but can't do anything.

When Thomas Cook were doing the deal with us, they knew fine well we'd have a cluster of games at this time of the summer and to far flung places. They've not done their homework at best or been fucking negligent at worst. Either way it's far from acceptable. It's OK for you to sit there and just say "people like a moan" when you aren't going. Look at it from the fans point of view ffs.

On another note, it now leaves FlightOptions I think? if they had any sense, they'd run a trip but purposely take a hit on it but market it as such saying when others let you down including the official travel partner and our rivals, we will step in and take a financial hit because we value our customers as loyal supporters and the agenda they have is that the fans remember this and use them for the other games so they win overall and make good/more cash overall.

They could even go to Rangers and ask for a sub too to help with costs/loss.

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Some folk just like a good moan? listen, these guys are the official Rangers Travel partner, who only a week or so ago made a big thing about getting us to games and putting on the big speil ... a lot of boys have held off booking anything to book with Thomas Cook who now say 8-days after the draws made they can't facilitate the trip meaning these guys are probably going to have to pay silly money now. It's not fair.

In fact limited aircraft availability sounds even worse, it means they've access to crafts but can't do anything.

When Thomas Cook were doing the deal with us, they knew fine well we'd have a cluster of games at this time of the summer and to far flung places. They've not done their homework at best or been fucking negligent at worst. Either way it's far from acceptable. It's OK for you to sit there and just say "people like a moan" when you aren't going. Look at it from the fans point of view ffs.

On another note, it now leaves FlightOptions I think? if they had any sense, they'd run a trip but purposely take a hit on it but market it as such saying when others let you down including the official travel partner and our rivals, we will step in and take a financial hit because we value our customers as loyal supporters and the agenda they have is that the fans remember this and use them for the other games so they win overall and make good/more cash overall.

They could even go to Rangers and ask for a sub too to help with costs/loss.

Did flight options not say early on they wouldn't be doing one?

Thought I seen that on here last week 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

No they are out for the same reasons.

As a sponsor you would maybe expect thomas cook to step up and possibily take a hit and fill a plane if it gets more exposure of their brand

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Think that was SportOptions, but if it was FlightOptions then reverse the point to the other company. 

Just checked and it was SportOptions right enough.

2 hours ago, RFC16 said:

Hope to fuck they are on the case for next round which i doubt, as there wont be much time in between

If their reason for this one is genuine, I don’t see how they can do the next round, as it would be even more difficult to get an aircraft at a decent price right in the peak holiday season.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

What exactly does the £20 you pay to join the travel club go towards?

Surely that money should be going towards something like this to make up the extra it's going to cost?

I'd imagine it goes towards flying their staff out to wherever we play, the costs of booking the hotel for ticket collection, paying the staffs wages, the insurance and paperwork etc that goes with that too.

If it's one trip we get, then the Ticket Office has made out of it, but if we get a few trips that £20 would start to be spread very thin and they'd have to obsorb the cost.

That's a guess though.

Just now, K.A.I said:

I'd imagine it goes towards flying their staff out to wherever we play, the costs of booking the hotel for ticket collection, paying the staffs wages, the insurance and paperwork etc that goes with that too.

If it's one trip we get, then the Ticket Office has made out of it, but if we get a few trips that £20 would start to be spread very thin and they'd have to obsorb the cost.

That's a guess though.

Yeah fair doos. I don't think £20 is excessive and don't mind paying it but in circumstances like this think ti would be decent of the club to take maybe a slight hit and use some of the money towards running a trip.

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Yeah fair doos. I don't think £20 is excessive and don't mind paying it but in circumstances like this think ti would be decent of the club to take maybe a slight hit and use some of the money towards running a trip.

I suppose it's no different to any club really - be it a Rangers bus, a masonic, a bowling club, Golf club, country club etc you need to pay a joining fee and/or dues yearly/monthly whatever.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Would phone them up mate, not seeing anyone else saying they never got an email.

I got mine.

Yeah mate am convinced a ticked the box for it wasn’t going to macadonia but will be pretty pissed off if a didn’t for future as doubt they will open it back up ? 

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

Yeah mate am convinced a ticked the box for it wasn’t going to macadonia but will be pretty pissed off if a didn’t for future as doubt they will open it back up ? 

Will tell you in your confirmation email about your season ticket if you're in actually mate.

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Will tell you in your confirmation email about your season ticket if you're in actually mate.

Made a cunt of it a think my mate got a email when he put his form in saying welcome to the travel club a didn’t asked them to send me a picture of my form. 

Archived